PDA

View Full Version : crafting +5% base crit range and PVP explorer capture the flag

DustTheWind
06-04-2011, 06:22 PM
I got 2 ideas to suggest to any interested.

In crafting give the ability to take a base weapon and increase the base crit range by 5%. This would be separate from Keen or inproved crit range. This is already seen on some very rare weapon types but not much variety out there for flexibility. This would allow some different varieties of character weapons who like the wider crit range. Prety sure its not over powering. There are already those types of weapons out there.

My other suggestion is a pvp map like slayers. Raid or maybe 6 by 6 pvp. Not quite as large as some slayers but still a large area. There could be like capture the flag. Say teams could form and when the 2 teams fill up a game starts in which they battle out for controll of the map. Any ideas for end rewards you all? I was thinking maybe like a 24 hour buff for the winning team or some xp maybe. Guild renown possibly. any other ideas?

Grenada
06-05-2011, 03:23 PM
That crit range increase is a little more powerful than you think.

For example, take a heavy pick. X4 crit, on a roll of a 20.
+5% crit range increase: X4/19-20.
its now as dangerous (or more) than a khopesh.

Requiro
06-05-2011, 03:54 PM

MUCH more

bigolbear
06-05-2011, 04:24 PM
idea 1: crit range. plz no, this is very powerful - far more than you think.

idea 2: already exists.go speak to a pvp npc in a tavern (they have blue and red crossed swords over their heads). i like the desert for ctf personaly. makes for a fun diversion from real questing - great for guild parties. rewards should be kept to bragging rights in pvp. also theres nothign stopping you having a freindly wager in game for plat.

DustTheWind
06-05-2011, 04:53 PM

Its nothing that dosn't already exist in the game currently. For example the silver bow or the death nips. ect.

DustTheWind
06-05-2011, 04:56 PM
idea 1: crit range. plz no, this is very powerful - far more than you think.

idea 2: already exists.go speak to a pvp npc in a tavern (they have blue and red crossed swords over their heads). i like the desert for ctf personaly. makes for a fun diversion from real questing - great for guild parties. rewards should be kept to bragging rights in pvp. also theres nothign stopping you having a freindly wager in game for plat.

Never heard of it. Are you sure its an open space not in a building pvp? Ill have to check it out. I have seen the pvp tavern events but not a slayer map pvp with 2 teams going at it.

Bodic
06-05-2011, 05:12 PM
In crafting give the ability to take a base weapon and increase the base crit range by 5%. This would be separate from Keen or inproved crit range. Prety sure its overpowering..

ok here is the problem 5%=1 in the d20 take a rapier w/your 5% and Imp Crit so you would crit on a 13, or a 17 w/heavy pick no that is not overpowering at all ru serious about this.

Kourier
06-05-2011, 05:14 PM
Its nothing that dosn't already exist in the game currently. For example the silver bow or the death nips. ect.

These are rare and powerful named items - it's considered good enough for epic items to get an increased crit range so I don't think this is a good idea.

There is already team pvp in an arena but I'm not sure if there's CTF.

k1ngp1n
06-05-2011, 05:15 PM

Yes but in these cases they are counterbalanced by something else: either the lower overall crit profile of the bow to begin with, or the rarity and limited use of the death nips. Being able to craft a heavy pick with that profile would be... well.... WOW.

Grenada
06-05-2011, 05:30 PM
ok here is the problem 5%=1 in the d20 take a rapier w/your 5% and Imp Crit so you would crit on a 13, or a 17 w/heavy pick no that is not overpowering at all ru serious about this.

The problem is this:

5% more is huge for many melee builds. Since critical damage becomes more important than weapon base damage in high strength builds, improving critical ranges is potentially more avg damage over time than improving the weapons base damage.

Barbarian with a greataxe that has the same crit profile of a khopesh...

Bodic
06-05-2011, 06:14 PM
The problem is this:

5% more is huge for many melee builds. Since critical damage becomes more important than weapon base damage in high strength builds, improving critical ranges is potentially more avg damage over time than improving the weapons base damage.

Barbarian with a greataxe that has the same crit profile of a khopesh...

Really isnt that what I said. I really thought that is what I said 5% that will stack with IC so 10% or 40% chance to crit a rapier/scimmy or 20% w/ Hpick. I didnt think I could be more clear.

DustTheWind
06-05-2011, 08:45 PM
Well ok I guess maybe a khoopesh with the crit prifile of a falcon or a falcon with a crit profile of a ... well yea didn't take taht into account I suppose. I guess that would make weapons that don't currently exist. Well ok thanks for the input then.