PDA

View Full Version : Quests based on Hirelings

gelgoog
06-01-2011, 04:20 PM
Just a thought that might make those hirelings more interesting.

It would be nice to see quests based on hirelings. In which that you and your hireling go on a quest (Hireling-duo/solo quest) to reveal a storyline based on the hireling you bring and at what level.

Also adding voices to these hirelings would be enjoyable as well.

Example you bring the lvl 13 sorc Barrage on a Hireling quest.
During the quest you learn more about his character and where he hails from.
You find that his past is one of not so goodly behavior towards fleshies. You and Barrage wind up destroying the illegal Warforged Machine from which he was built/born from.

Just a thought is all.

/shrug

Dysmetria
06-01-2011, 04:35 PM
Just a thought that might make those hirelings more interesting.

It would be nice to see quests based on hirelings. In which that you and your hireling go on a quest (Hireling-duo/solo quest) to reveal a storyline based on the hireling you bring and at what level.

Also adding voices to these hirelings would be enjoyable as well.

Example you bring the lvl 13 sorc Barrage on a Hireling quest.
During the quest you learn more about his character and where he hails from.
You find that his past is one of not so goodly behavior towards fleshies. You and Barrage wind up destroying the illegal Warforged Machine from which he was built/born from.

Just a thought is all.

/shrugIf you want to play with other characters that have backstories and voices, play with other people instead of hirelings.

Cleanincubus
06-01-2011, 04:38 PM
I'd settle for cleric and FvS hirelings actually healing people, and melee hirelings actually attacking enemies (when set on active) then they are close by.

Battery
06-01-2011, 04:41 PM
I thought you said halflings, was imagining a quest with low ceilings

dragonmane
06-01-2011, 04:57 PM
What about you have to do a quest that will let you use that hireling. Each hireling has a quest that makes you learn about how each one came to be a hireling. From then on that hireling will be available. The higher the hireling the harder the quest. They should be solo quests and just for fun in the middle of the quest have the hireling join you. This is just a thought, my personal opinion. Just to liven up the hireling situation.

LoveNeverFails
06-01-2011, 05:14 PM
I'd settle for cleric and FvS hirelings actually healing people, and melee hirelings actually attacking enemies (when set on active) then they are close by.

yea...lets get what they are actually MADE for fixed before they start adding fluff to them.

Rinnaldo
06-01-2011, 05:20 PM
I like the idea generally, but there are so many hirelings that I think it would be a lot of work even to make the quest versatile enough for, say, 5 different hirelings of one specific level. I'm all for quests that differ and have variable outcomes, but I don't think you'd get that if they implemented this. I'd think you see something like:

NPC: "But have you ever stopped to ask [insert name of the hireling you happen to have at the time] about [his/her] past? I think you'll find there is more to this [insert race of your current hireling] than you ever knew."

You: "Oh, okay. I shall ask [generic question]."
In other words, generic, but with features of your current hireling subbed in to make it seem like it's about them. And that'd just be lame.

If they just picked a hireling from the list and made a quest about him or her, I think that's a fine idea, though.

donfilibuster
06-01-2011, 06:35 PM
Or have some optional objectives show up depending of what hireling you bring.
e.g. don't let a NPC foe see you, thus have to be on invis and send in a hireling.

It also let you play being the hireling :)
Sometimes my wiz go invis on sands, call Rage (the lv 14 wf), and just point and click.
He does all the work and you stand back for the ocassional repair.