PDA

View Full Version : Hireling distance control

fabhpk
06-01-2011, 11:12 AM
As it is common DDO knowledge, hirelings are not the smartest guys around - to put it lightly. It even appears that they had lost a few intelligence points since U9 went live...

Hirelings are a pain since the days of the old Neverwinter Nights, particularly the very first one. But on this game we had a really nice option: control the distance the hireling stands from you.

It could be very nice if we could have this kind of control on ddo. Something like close, medium and distant... Cleric hirelings are very fond of staying close to us, close enough to be beaten by mobs and bosses in a way they enter a infinite loop of heal-broken concentration-heal until they die or are out of sp...

What I do at the moment in places like the Devils battlefield is to command them to stop on their spot, them advance. It is boring and tiresome. Not to mention that sooner or later one forgets to leave them behind they will happily join the fray and be shredded by the waves of orthons and barbazus...

Frotz
06-01-2011, 01:16 PM
So far when I've toggled a hireling to and from passive it's set their follow distance to something much greater than the "come here" distance.

Cam_Neely
06-01-2011, 01:23 PM
ok one person using my suggestion in a day is bad enough, but two?? :O

hey now thats a great idea, wish I had thought of it

:p
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=313686

GO BRUINS!

Imitation Is The Best Form Of Flattery I guess :)

WhiiteWolf
06-02-2011, 09:37 AM
Hello All,

I liked that about N.W.N. not only could you get your hire to stand close medium and far, you could also have your hireling heal based at a certain amount of damage.

I like this idea, just goes to show that no one ever keeps anything that actually works. Someone always thinks they can build a better mouse trap.

Cheers! W.W.

WhiiteWolf
06-05-2011, 07:51 AM
Hey All,

Anyone else have an idea for this that they think could work?

Cheers! W.W.

WhiiteWolf
06-10-2011, 02:58 PM
Hey All,

hey, don't let these threads die out can't believe anyone else doesn't have anything to say about hirelings.

Take care, W.W.

Silverwren
06-10-2011, 03:57 PM
Hey All,

hey, don't let these threads die out can't believe anyone else doesn't have anything to say about hirelings.

Take care, W.W.

What's left to say? This subject has been beat like a dead Sea Scrag in other postings elsewhere. :D

Kushiel
06-10-2011, 04:14 PM
...having a Dwarf or a Hafling always breathing directly into the small of my back. And annoying to have some towering block of Human or Warforged taking up camera angles.

If we can't get a distance control on the hires, maybe we could at least get a new /emote?

/Backoff - complete with a shooing away motion ;-}