PDA

View Full Version : Get Rid of F2P (kids) and Put Back The Bazaar and Funky Music

Schnizle
05-30-2011, 02:56 AM
I played this game in beta and was hooked and bought the game. Was addicted for several months, but quit because I was in college and it was too much of a distraction.

Re-subbed recently and a lot of nice things were added and the game is still generally fun, but it's hard to get a group going it seems (wizard) and when I do get a group, it's full of immature, unorganized people that run around and leave you wondering where to go. I haven't played in awhile, so I forgot a lot. Even if I remembered everything, it is not cool playing with unorganized and immature people.

It's as bad as WoW, it seems...

Now I'm sure you won't get rid of F2P, but I just wanted to state my frustration. I'm willing to pay $15/month + more for Turbine points for a mature community. Maybe make a mature only server with only VIPs and some Adult Check mechanism, if possible.

Oh yeah, I miss the bazaar and the funky music ;)

Crazyfruit
05-30-2011, 03:02 AM
Adults are just as likely to be immature... it's not like WoW is free.

A lot of players don't play the way you want them to either because of silly experience requirement. Avoid the 'tr zerg' etc lfms if you're looking for people who wait around for everyone & give instrutions

dozkal-mo
05-30-2011, 03:28 AM
Quit PUGing and join a guild, then.

Schnizle
05-30-2011, 03:49 AM
Quit PUGing and join a guild, then.

I've been sent random guild invites and, of course, I declined. How do I know if a guild is mature unless I play with the members? How do I play with the members when it's hard to find a group? When I do find a group, since I re-subbed, they have all been bad experiences.

Kirachan
05-30-2011, 04:00 AM
Try the forums then. Here you can easily spot the more mature guilds, who take some care in actually selecting their members instead of just inviting everyone.

Franke
05-30-2011, 04:02 AM
Don't worry about guilding at this point ,it's likely you'll change guilds a few times as you develop as a player.

Just persevere with pugs and learn the game as you go,you'll soon establish links with other players who you become familiar with ,and an awareness of whom you are happy to quest with.

Welcome back and enjoy.

boomeranky
05-30-2011, 04:03 AM
Step 1: Decline Blind Invites - Checked
Step 2: Go to Forum - Checked
Step 3: Ask about decent and mature Guilds in guild forum - Unchecked
Step 4: Choose one that fits your playstyle - Unchecked
Profit!

Jokes aside, the level range of 1-10 is usually working like a filter. So the lower you are the higher the probability to have your experience.
I can assure you if you keep patient, in the higher levels it will calm down a bit (though chance is still there to have bad pugs). Have a look out for people you meet that fit your playstyle and try to stay in contact with them.

Look around in the guild forum (I do not even know on which server you are - I might be able to help if you are on Ghallanda).

On a really bad day you also might just grab a hireling and solo things, especially in the lower levels that works really fine - I seldom pug below delera's series, but the higher a char gets the more I do.

Hope that helps a bit.

Razcar
05-30-2011, 04:51 AM
I've been sent random guild invites and, of course, I declined. How do I know if a guild is mature unless I play with the members? How do I play with the members when it's hard to find a group? When I do find a group, since I re-subbed, they have all been bad experiences.
You need to get your character up in level. Since the game went F2P it's become like the school system - Korthos and the Harbor are kindergarten, where children scream, cry and fight and run around like, well, kids, while the adults stay out of the line of fire, and then we have marketplace where it's not much better, but a bit. Then in the house quests (level 4-9) these fiends have gotten some semblance of coordination, and then it continues to get slightly better in levels 10+.

There's some things to do to make the low-level situation bearable if you want to pug:
First, since you're VIP, you can run the low-level adventure packs like Shan-to-kor ("STK"), Sharn Syndicate, Tangleroot, Sentinels etc. The snot-brigade will most likely not have these, and the quality of play in these quests thus tends to be a little higher. Run these and also avoid the harder low-level F2P quests, such Proof is in the Poison and Irestone Inlet. Often they either wipe or end up having a veteran player carry the rest through.

Then, as others have said, it's wise to join a guild. Problem is that guilds that just take anyone un-tested are usually not worth joining, as you have already guessed :) So either you can stay un-guilded in low levels and shop around for a good guild later, or you can check for a guild here on the forums in your server's guild boards. Make a post stating what you are looking for if you don't find any that are currently recruiting.

Schnizle
05-30-2011, 05:15 AM
Thanks for the replies. I might just start back with my level 9 wizard as soon as I get a feeling for things again (but I might miss some content they added at lower levels). Some of the quests I remember doing before, but are still fun. That character isn't a Drow though and that's what I'm leveling now.

I'm on Khyber. I don't know if that's generally an immature server or not. I probably should have asked. I think I was on Riedra originally - not sure.

Still having fun kind of, but I've had to pretty much rely on hirelings because I can't find a group or when I do, they have all been bad. I remember the game got really fun around level 4 at launch.

boomeranky
05-30-2011, 05:46 AM
Oh Khyber ... that explains all :p

Khyber is the drama queen of ddo... cannith and orien are still younglings compared to the other servers, ghallanda tends to have some mature folks and is generally well visited 24hrs a day (due to the european imports).
Can't say too much about the others except Argonnessan which also harbors some nice folks.

The rule about korthos and harbor being a kindergarten is true for all servers though i fear.

Truga
05-30-2011, 05:55 AM
Can't say too much about the others except Argonnessan which also harbors some nice folks.

Lies! There are no nice people on Argo.

boomeranky
05-30-2011, 06:05 AM

They are probably hiding behind some halflings :p

Ugumagre
05-30-2011, 06:16 AM

All Argonessan are liars!
signed: Ugumagre the Argonessan

Schnizle, to your post...well, could be worse. I am still looking for some spare time to make bad experiences ;)
Anyway, you are welcome on Argonesse.

SiliconShadow
05-30-2011, 06:31 AM
Get off ma lawn! :mad:

kk gramps we get ya, don't get your knickers in a twist with change came money, with money came the game is STILL online.. nuff said.

Matuse
05-30-2011, 08:54 AM
Oi, just say no to the old market tent. I always hated it. The new version is WAY better.

sweez
05-30-2011, 09:18 AM
unorganized people that run around and leave you wondering where to go.

Those people are probably zerging and being more organized than you could ever imagine hehe. Just steer clear of IP, BYOH and similar LFMs and you should be fine.

Schnizle
05-30-2011, 10:04 AM
Those people are probably zerging and being more organized than you could ever imagine hehe. Just steer clear of IP, BYOH and similar LFMs and you should be fine.

Selfishly organized maybe, if you can call running around Willy-nilly and changing plans often organized. And when someone advertises that they are going to do Misery's Peak and you join and they do something else, say they are going to check Facebook, go AFK, then when you are almost done they want to come to Misery's Peak, that is not organized. I could provide many more examples I have witnessed recently.

Usually there's not one leader, there's a bunch with different agendas. Then there's insults for doing something wrong or typical middle-schoolish behavior.

KongColeus
05-30-2011, 10:18 AM
Do you play on Orien?

Do you play on Sarlona?

Do you play on Thelanis?

Do you play on Argonesson?

Do you play on Ghallanda?

Do you play on Khyber?

What server are you playing on?

What level is your wizard?

I am willing to join you. Once you get out of Korthos it gets a little better.

If you have ran Misery's Peak, then you are on the Sunny Side of Korthos. If you have not completed Misery's Peak you are still on the snowy side.

akiraproject24
05-30-2011, 10:23 AM
the closer you get to end game MOST of the trash gets weeded out however pugs are not what they used to be

Kmnh
05-30-2011, 10:23 AM
The p2p content attracts more fun people. avoid the f2p quests and you will be fine.