PDA

View Full Version : Crafting: It Doesn't Tell You Everything and More!

articwarrior
05-28-2011, 12:52 PM
My suggestion here is to make the devs input;

A) Equipment Slot in Shard Crafting

When you craft a shard, do you really think what slot it will go on? Sure, you could switch crafting machines and go find out, but who has the time? My suggestion here is to input what slot that particular shard uses. In the shard crafter, it does not explain what slot it requires.

B) Minimum Levels of Shards

As it has been said in a couple of threads here, people craft shards common to many items we have here which are difficult to acquire. When people manage to craft these shards onto items or weapons they realize that the shard minimum level is actually double the random loot generated items. My suggestion here is to include a Minimum Level When Equipped On: status. This will allow players to more easily understand which shards may cause their weapon or item level to surpass their expectations and therefore waste the item itself.

C) Reduce Crafting Animation Time

Time is always a common factor with this type of crafting because it takes a long time to craft each individual shard. The crafting time is slow, even comparable to that of the Stone of Change. Adding this would allow players to flow more easily when crafting and use less time than before. My suggestion is obvious, reduce the crafting animation time to allow for smooth leveling.

D) Essence Transmutation - More Than One At A Time

Personally I've always found transmuting essences so helpful when I require one of a certain essence and I can either break down or convert into an alternate essence. What I ask here is to allow players to quickly convert essences instead of one at a time. An example of this would be like buying a stack of potions, you control+left click the item and input how many you want. The could be additional text boxes stating how many of that essence you will need to convert and a warning box saying you do not have enough essences for the desired amount.

E) Essence Transmutation - Building Up

I like the deconstruction of greater essences into lesser essences. It makes things much easier rather than buying them from other players. What I would like to suggest is to bring in the ability to make greater essences from lesser ones. The same ratio as the lesser to greater recipe would be ideal. This will help players to level more efficiently with the essences they need and can reduce the circulation of money in the economy from buyers and sellers of essences.

F) Essence Transmutation - Same School, Different Essence

The ability to change essences into alternate essences is amazing, you can turn the ones you use rarely or have alot of into different types of essences. What I suggest is to change essences, both greater and lesser, into a different type of essence of that same school. With the same ratio as the others, 2:1, this will allow players to have convenience on their side.

This is all for now, more suggestions may come up as there may be more unseen problems.

cdemeritt
05-28-2011, 01:24 PM
My suggestion here is to make the devs input;

A) Equipment Slot in Shard Crafting

When you craft a shard, do you really think what slot it will go on? Sure, you could switch crafting machines and go find out, but who has the time? My suggestion here is to input what slot that particular shard uses. In the shard crafter, it does not explain what slot it requires.

Or Do away with the specific slot system altogether. While I have no Idea why someone would want it, if someone really wants a Underwater Action Greataxe of springing, they should be able to make it.

B) Minimum Levels of Shards

As it has been said in a couple of threads here, people craft shards common to many items we have here which are difficult to acquire. When people manage to craft these shards onto items or weapons they realize that the shard minimum level is actually double the random loot generated items. My suggestion here is to include a Minimum Level When Equipped On: status. This will allow players to more easily understand which shards may cause their weapon or item level to surpass their expectations and therefore waste the item itself.

something is wrong with the min level formulas that are being used atm... I'm hoping the adjust it soon. the problem comes from multiple affects raising min lvl... just because UA in a min lvl of X, and Skill X is min lvl of Y the total min lvl should be higher than X or Y, just not X+Y

C) Reduce Crafting Animation Time

Time is always a common factor with this type of crafting because it takes a long time to craft each individual shard. The crafting time is slow, even comparable to that of the Stone of Change. Adding this would allow players to flow more easily when crafting and use less time than before. My suggestion is obvious, reduce the crafting animation time to allow for smooth leveling.

Agreed
D) Essence Transmutation - More Than One At A Time

Personally I've always found transmuting essences so helpful when I require one of a certain essence and I can either break down or convert into an alternate essence. What I ask here is to allow players to quickly convert essences instead of one at a time. An example of this would be like buying a stack of potions, you control+left click the item and input how many you want. The could be additional text boxes stating how many of that essence you will need to convert and a warning box saying you do not have enough essences for the desired amount.

Agreed
E) Essence Transmutation - Building Up

I like the deconstruction of greater essences into lesser essences. It makes things much easier rather than buying them from other players. What I would like to suggest is to bring in the ability to make greater essences from lesser ones. The same ratio as the lesser to greater recipe would be ideal. This will help players to level more efficiently with the essences they need and can reduce the circulation of money in the economy from buyers and sellers of essences.
No comments either way

F) Essence Transmutation - Same School, Different Essence

The ability to change essences into alternate essences is amazing, you can turn the ones you use rarely or have alot of into different types of essences. What I suggest is to change essences, both greater and lesser, into a different type of essence of that same school. With the same ratio as the others, 2:1, this will allow players to have convenience on their side.

Actually, this is already in the game... just on a limited scale, and at 3:1. Mind shards/body essences, fire/earth, etc.

This is all for now, more suggestions may come up as there may be more unseen problems.

Replies in red

articwarrior
05-28-2011, 01:56 PM
Replies in red

A) well I meant what shard could go in one specific slot, ex. wizardry I goes on rings, but in the shard crafter it does not state this.

B) I thought all effects were additive in game, whereas the crafting would multiply instead of add (X*Y instead of X+Y)

F) I meant more availability where you can convert one essence into multiple different ones instead of 1 and then convert 3 of that one essence into another alternative essence, This also doesnt apply to lesser essences

comments/questions in red