PDA

View Full Version : Petition to make large and medium horns worth something

Moonivy
05-28-2011, 05:43 AM
Who here thinks adding more recipies for tier 2 and tier 3 that involve horns would be a good idea?

or better yet, who thinks horns should be moved out into the slayer zone, remove petals and husks so they are quest only mats?

As it stands, you can't even give medium or large horns away any more. They don't sell for anything on the ah (had 2 auctions expire for selling a large horn at 400pp to prove a point.)

No one, especially healers that have to keep people alive wants to do shroud and only end up with no mat in part four and only getting a horn in part 5. Thats just cheap and poorly played.

New possible recipies for teir 2 and 3 gs items could be law and chaos alignment effects such as anarchic and axiomatic for weapons and guards for items.

I'm coming up on my 20th shroud in this life in my 3rd life and I have completed each run. Pretty good for mats normally right? Wrong, I have 11 large horns, 5 bones and 2 chains thus far.

Only thing I get for trying to trade my collection of horns or bones (my total mats are ridicious amounts of horns, bones and chains 30+ of each in 3 lives while having 2 scales, 1 stone, and 2 arrow heads..shrapnel I only get from my guildies.) But trying to trade 10 large bones for 1 large scale, or even a shrapnel gets you laughed at.

Emili
05-28-2011, 06:42 AM
Who here thinks adding more recipies for tier 2 and tier 3 that involve horns would be a good idea?

or better yet, who thinks horns should be moved out into the slayer zone, remove petals and husks so they are quest only mats?

As it stands, you can't even give medium or large horns away any more. They don't sell for anything on the ah (had 2 auctions expire for selling a large horn at 400pp to prove a point.)

No one, especially healers that have to keep people alive wants to do shroud and only end up with no mat in part four and only getting a horn in part 5. Thats just cheap and poorly played.

New possible recipies for teir 2 and 3 gs items could be law and chaos alignment effects such as anarchic and axiomatic for weapons and guards for items.

I'm coming up on my 20th shroud in this life in my 3rd life and I have completed each run. Pretty good for mats normally right? Wrong, I have 11 large horns, 5 bones and 2 chains thus far.

Only thing I get for trying to trade my collection of horns or bones (my total mats are ridicious amounts of horns, bones and chains 30+ of each in 3 lives while having 2 scales, 1 stone, and 2 arrow heads..shrapnel I only get from my guildies.) But trying to trade 10 large bones for 1 large scale, or even a shrapnel gets you laughed at.
I cannot think off the top of my head how many large horn I have but am sure they're most likely close to my Large Chains as of a year ago...

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t92/bflat01/DDo/LargChains.jpg

The Issue with shroud ingreds in general are... that none drop equally - even though the devs claim otherwise.

andbr22
05-28-2011, 06:59 AM
Even if they drop equally, then you need much more Scales, shrapnels and stones, than bones, chanis or arrowheads...

Moonivy
05-28-2011, 07:04 AM
sad but true, but if they did drop equally why are horns even in the part 4 and 5 when they are needed for item creation rather than in the quest like the rest of the base mats? I don't think they were thinking clearly when they made the recipies for there are no recipies that require more bones or chains than scales or stones....unbalanced creation.

Emili
05-28-2011, 08:47 AM
sad but true, but if they did drop equally why are horns even in the part 4 and 5 when they are needed for item creation rather than in the quest like the rest of the base mats? I don't think they were thinking clearly when they made the recipies for there are no recipies that require more bones or chains than scales or stones....unbalanced creation.

Originally the Horns were not used in any GS recipe. ;) They dropped but were used for nothing

NaturalHazard
05-28-2011, 08:50 AM
I laughed when i went to craft and found i was short on large bones, im always so focused on stones and scales, but its fine to be short on all the others cause you can get them for dirt cheap or even free.

NaturalHazard
05-28-2011, 08:52 AM

I think they where, they did it on purpose to make scales/stones worth more and to make it more of a grind to make greensteel.

stille_nacht
05-28-2011, 08:54 AM
Even if they drop equally, then you need much more Scales, shrapnels and stones, than bones, chanis or arrowheads...

this, all have an equal droprate, but when you have to spend 3 chains as compared to 6 scales on every dual large, of course you have more chains

Emili
05-28-2011, 08:58 AM

this, all have an equal droprate, but when you have to spend 3 chains as compared to 6 scales on every dual large, of course you have more chains

Bone are used as much as shrapnal and more than stone in a min II - 5 large scales 4 bone 3 chains

Bone are used as much as stone and arrowheads in a Lit II - 5 large scales 4 bone 2 chains

Chain is the least used in the popular recipes... There are a few recipes where chain and bone exceed the use of even scales but they're not popular at all.

I laughed when i went to craft and found i was short on large bones, im always so focused on stones and scales, but its fine to be short on all the others cause you can get them for dirt cheap or even free.

I've run low on shrapnal a number of times... bone and chain are my normal drops and usually those race with one another. When I add up my GS = 174 large scales (I never sold one but have given a few away - I'd wager my total scale drops probably in bout 190 + or - , Yes I have a thing for dual shards. Currently I have 5 large scales on me while am closing in on 400 bones and am way well over 400 chains left in the bags. The picture above is pretty old.

Ungood
05-28-2011, 09:04 AM

While you might get Horns in Abundance, I hardly get any, and have had to buy the two (2) I needed off the AH for a hefty sum.

Now I do not mean to be rude as I say this, but, we both know that all you would do, is add another mat that people would whine about needing, and then whine they have too many horns and not enough devil scales, and in the end of things nothing would change, you would still have too many horns not enough scales and trade exchange would still be be the same against your current situation.

So if it not going to make things better over all, there is no real point in messing with it.

/Not Signed.

* By the way, I'll trade you for some of your horns, if you are selling or trading for them, (reasonable offers of course) look up Ungood on Orien

fluffybunnywilson
05-28-2011, 10:24 AM
I'd like to see a recipe that lets you trade 4 of any one large shroud ingredient for 1 of any other large shroud ingredient.

I'm pretty sure that Emili would like that feature too. :)

Ungood
05-28-2011, 10:35 AM
I'd like to see a recipe that lets you trade 4 of any one large shroud ingredient for 1 of any other large shroud ingredient.

I'm pretty sure that Emili would like that feature too. :)

This has been suggested before. and has received both strong support and strong opposition.

I really have no idea how it would impact the game in the end of things if this feature was included, but it would affect the exchange rate between players, that much is sure.

Good or Bad, I have no idea.

rrtemplin
05-28-2011, 02:19 PM
You don't need GS items. (not like in the past) many builds don't need them at all. Though the HP item is nice, or the Conc item is nice. But are they absolutely needed? Not usually. Epic items being good, are taking over the GS.

Its the way it should be. Run Epics. get Epic weapons.

RJBsComputer
05-29-2011, 09:26 AM
You don't need GS items. (not like in the past) many builds don't need them at all. Though the HP item is nice, or the Conc item is nice. But are they absolutely needed? Not usually. Epic items being good, are taking over the GS.

Its the way it should be. Run Epics. get Epic weapons.

The only problem with Epic items is you can only get them at level 20. Greensteel you can get as early as say 15 level. On a TR you can use GS at levels 11 and 12. You can only use Epic at level 20.