PDA

View Full Version : An idea to make repatition not so repedative.

Dwane_Diblie
05-27-2011, 12:33 AM
I would like to see a change in how the dungeos work. This is a big idea that probably would require a lot of code if not an entire new part to the engin, so I would be happy with it coming out bit by bit.

Random Dungeon layout. Somthing similar to the Diablo series. Each mission would consist of a bunch of preset rooms containing all the key points of the mission while the rest that conects those rooms is randomised. Each time you enter it would be diferent from the last time. Hidden doors are in diferent spots. Leavers are not where they where last time. Where are the traps now? and so on. This could also be used to increase the size of the mission slightly as you progress in difficalty.

Off the top of my head a good starting mission to do this with would be Walk the butchers path. No real objectives apart from killing kobolds. The whole path could be randomised and be diferent every time you play.

Of corse there are some missions that do not lend themselves to this machanic. They do not all have to go this way. Would be nice though to have some variaty with replayability.

I know it would be hard to implament, but I want your thoughts anyway.

varusso
05-27-2011, 01:00 AM
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=313856

lhidda
05-27-2011, 01:26 AM
Random Dungeon layout

They tried that in "New Invasion" and "Bastion of Power". Good job btw. But I don't want to see each quest to be random like that. Non-random quests are usally more fancy and challenging. We just need more of them (most desired: epic-only packs).