PDA

View Full Version : min level 21 item?

goodoldxelos
05-24-2011, 11:20 PM
Has anyone tested this? If i craft +5 Holy handwraps of Greater lawful outsider bane technically it should be min level 21; is this actually true?

Shade
05-25-2011, 02:54 AM
Believe i saw a SS of an item that could be 21, but was 20.

So yea, probably clips the max lvl to 20, as it should be.. Since we will never get 21+.

goodoldxelos
05-25-2011, 08:35 AM
It would be nice to get developer confirmation, as i and possibly many others will be wasting alot of essences if i cant use it.

Eladrin
05-25-2011, 09:05 AM
We cap minimum levels of crafted items at the level cap. (Note that technically if the level cap were to change, so would the cap, and the item would update itself.)

stainer
05-25-2011, 09:15 AM
We cap minimum levels of crafted items at the level cap. (Note that technically if the level cap were to change, so would the cap, and the item would update itself.)

So the level cap is going to raise on characters?

Quarterling
05-25-2011, 09:26 AM

This could be interpreted in a million ways, expect to see a ton of threads now about the level cap -possibly- being raised. http://forums.ddo.com/images/icons/icon4.gif

stainer
05-25-2011, 09:33 AM
This could be interpreted in a million ways, expect to see a ton of threads now about the level cap -possibly- being raised. http://forums.ddo.com/images/icons/icon4.gif

We should start a couple of threads about how Eladrin has confirmed the level cap is being raised.

Eladrin
05-25-2011, 09:46 AM
I often word things in ways that cause the most speculation and panic, because I'm capricious and mean.

All it actually means is that we set it to cap at the level cap property, since it was convenient (and future-proof). If it did change at some point, those items would recalculate their ML.

stainer
05-25-2011, 09:48 AM
I often word things in ways that cause the most speculation and panic, because I'm capricious and mean.

All it actually means is that we set it to cap at the level cap property, since it was convenient (and future-proof). If it did change at some point, those items would recalculate their ML.

It is easier to go with you confirmed that you are raising the character level cap.

rest
05-25-2011, 10:00 AM

Starting thread about the level cap going up. BRB.

Also, why didn't this show up in the dev tracker? Oh its on the Llama boards. Nevermind.

Yaga_Nub
05-25-2011, 10:07 AM

No.

He gave an example using the word "if."

If X then Y.

X = if the level cap were to change
Y = so would the cap (of minimum levels of crafted items).

I think you wanted to add a ;) or something similar to indicate that you know that's not what he said but that you're prodding him to talk about an increase in the level cap of characters. :)

stainer
05-25-2011, 10:10 AM
No.

He gave an example using the word "if."

If X then Y.

X = if the level cap were to change
Y = so would the cap (of minimum levels of crafted items).

I think you wanted to add a ;) or something similar to indicate that you know that's not what he said but that you're prodding him to talk about an increase in the level cap of characters. :)

Thank you Mr. Suck the fun right out of the room.

Yaga_Nub
05-25-2011, 10:13 AM
Thank you Mr. Suck the fun right out of the room.

That's what I do.

I suck the fun out of anything and everything in DDO, both in game and on the forums, and I die during quests. A lot.

Hokiewa
05-25-2011, 10:21 AM

I approve of this post.

Cyr
05-25-2011, 10:21 AM

Interesting...any epic items coded in this manner?

MrkGrismer
05-25-2011, 10:56 AM

So this would seem to indicated we need not worry about crafting items that cannot be used by our capped characters.

Very interesting...

Relenthe
05-25-2011, 03:08 PM
I approve of this post.

and I am stealing it for my sig :D

Ciaran
05-25-2011, 03:52 PM
Believe i saw a SS of an item that could be 21, but was 20.

So yea, probably clips the max lvl to 20, as it should be.. Since we will never get 21+.

Never dismiss arbitrarily what the future may hold, Shade. Who knows what the company that brought us Vast and Mysterious will do?

Ungood
05-25-2011, 07:43 PM
Well this is good to know. so no matter what I make, if it would exceed the ML cap it gets scaled back so that it will be usable by my level 20 Characters.

IF in the future they raise the Level Cap, then the ML will change according and I'll be back to the grind.

Thank you Eladrin

Quick Question:

Since Epic items are supposed to "Top Level" items, IF, you raised the level cap, would you also raise Epic items to the new level cap, or would they remain ML 20?

Natashaelle
05-26-2011, 02:17 AM
It is easier to go with you confirmed that you are raising the character level cap.

He's not the only one (http://www.ddo.com/us/news/1433-2011-state-of-the-game-producer-letter)

The two specific questions that we received most often that I have not yet addressed related to when we will see the Druids or when we may see a level cap increase beyond level 20 and into Epic levels. I can confirm that we have made great headway in our work on these highly requested features

http://www.rationalia.com/forum/images/smilies/ninja-disappearing-smiley.gif

Ciaran
05-26-2011, 10:41 AM
He's not the only one (http://www.ddo.com/us/news/1433-2011-state-of-the-game-producer-letter)

http://www.rationalia.com/forum/images/smilies/ninja-disappearing-smiley.gif

like i said, Never Dismiss Arbitrarily what the future may hold....

WeaselKing
05-28-2011, 01:00 AM
I approve of this post.

I aaprove of this post:

That's what I do.

I suck the fun out of anything and everything in DDO, both in game and on the forums, and I die during quests. A lot.

Shade
05-28-2011, 05:07 AM
Think im seeing a trend.

I answer post, someone tells me im not a dev and they dont trust me..

Eladrin confirms what I said.

definetely not the first time it's happened. probably not the last. :cool:

wolflordnexus
05-28-2011, 05:41 AM
Think im seeing a trend.

I think it's the avatar man would you trust a black dragon.

Rubiconn
05-28-2011, 07:13 AM

So you neither confirm or deny that the level cap is going up, or are you confirming or denying that the cap wont go up but if it did ml items would raise accordingly.

Does this apply to toons as well since I have been gaining xp in certain quests with my capped toons will that xp apply to my toon IF the level was raised so he would still be capped?

NeutronStar
05-28-2011, 08:43 AM
That's what I do.

I suck the fun out of anything and everything in DDO, both in game and on the forums,...A lot.

Yes

Does this apply to toons as well since I have been gaining xp in certain quests with my capped toons will that xp apply to my toon IF the level was raised so he would still be capped?

No

Gkar
05-28-2011, 09:18 AM
Think im seeing a trend.

That's it, we now have confirmation that Shade is Eladrin's puppet.

fluffybunnywilson
05-28-2011, 09:49 AM

That would definitely make going from level 20 to the new cap interesting for a fair number of characters. When 80%+ of your gear is Epic or level-cap crafted items, you'll get to enter the new quests mostly naked. :)

I don't think that will actually be a problem since anyone that has Epic items also has Greensteel and other raid loot to use until they can get those Epic items back. I still predict much wailing and gnashing of teeth when it happens, though.

Jahmin
05-28-2011, 03:33 PM
Think im seeing a trend.

Supposedly even a broken clock is right twice a day :rolleyes:

In this thread alone, you thought crafting capped at 20 – which was a good guess as it turned out to be right – but you also repeatedly state that the cap is never going up, despite constant Dev statements to the contrary.

AT BEST you are 50% in this thread, and that is being generous, as it would probably be more accurate to say that Shade posted something and a Dev refuted it… wonder why people do not trust you? :eek:

Shade
05-28-2011, 04:14 PM
Supposedly even a broken clock is right twice a day :rolleyes:

In this thread alone, you thought crafting capped at 20 – which was a good guess as it turned out to be right – but you also repeatedly state that the cap is never going up, despite constant Dev statements to the contrary.

AT BEST you are 50% in this thread, and that is being generous, as it would probably be more accurate to say that Shade posted something and a Dev refuted it… wonder why people do not trust you? :eek:
Everything I said was 100% accurate. It is CLIPPED to 20, I did not say capped. Theres a difference.

Also when I think something, 99% of the time, it's true everytime. Good enough odds for me.

Whatever your future predictions are.. Are wrong. DDO will never get lvl21+, thanks for your interest, eladrin will be confirming this later ;p (and be worded in such a way that someone will find a hole in t to convolute the words into the exact oposite meaning)

Jahmin
05-28-2011, 08:38 PM
Everything I said was 100% accurate. It is CLIPPED to 20, I did not say capped. Theres a difference.

Also when I think something, 99% of the time, it's true everytime. Good enough odds for me.

Whatever your future predictions are.. Are wrong. DDO will never get lvl21+, thanks for your interest, eladrin will be confirming this later ;p (and be worded in such a way that someone will find a hole in t to convolute the words into the exact oposite meaning)

Laugh, good luck with that :rolleyes:

Clips/Caps/Maxes out – all the same. It is funny how guessing at something makes you 100% right… especially when you are often as not wrong. Unlike you I am not making any predictions, but if I did, I would not be so stupid as to ignore what EVERY producer has said since beta.

Are you going to predict that Druids are not really coming next?

Ungood
05-28-2011, 09:31 PM
Are you going to predict that Druids are not really coming next?

Last I checked with the U9 Update, they said, bluntly and flatly, that Druids are NOT going to the next class to come out, well they said; there is a new class slated to come out with this module and it is not going to be Druids.

Talias006
05-29-2011, 08:09 AM
Last I checked with the U9 Update, they said, bluntly and flatly, that Druids are NOT going to the next class to come out, well they said; there is a new class slated to come out with this module and it is not going to be Druids.

If he were to state that Druids were not to be coming next, he would automatically have Dev backing and therefore be right.

Level caps are a capricious lot. You never know when the next one will come around the corner. And they can be of differing types, depending on context. Just my 2cp.

sirdanile
05-29-2011, 02:41 PM
I think it's the avatar man would you trust a black dragon.

Litany of the dead...

Lifeblood
05-29-2011, 03:58 PM

Sounds like a Troll

doubledge
05-29-2011, 08:17 PM
That's it, we now have confirmation that Shade is Eladrin's puppet.

you never know, i might very well be a secret cop. YO NEVAR NO