PDA

View Full Version : Spells with the ability to apply metamagics with a single click

plagus
05-22-2011, 08:06 AM
Ever wanted to cast a spell with metamagic feats applied to it, but only once, and in the heat of battle your having to switch on all the metamagic feats you wish to apply, then cast the spell, and then switch them all back off so you dont burn through your SP? I know i have!!! Why cant casters have the option of setting up their spells like combatants set up weapons sets? So at the touch of a button, we can cast a certain spell with the chosen metamagic feat without having that metamagic feat continue to apply to all our spells.

For Example: you have a spell or spell like ability (lets say Burning Hands). with a special section (like the weapon sets in inventory) where you can set a number of metamagic feats (like Empower and Maximise), you can set that up on hotkey bar 2, position 1 so that when you press that hotkey button, you activate a Maximised-Empowered-Burning Hands, but when you press your hotkey button for your Delayed Blast Fireball, its not going to cast it as Maximised-Empowered-Delayed Blast Fireball, unless that particular hotkey has that "metamagic combination" on it.

Please give me your thoughts, and if you think it should be part of the game, lets start asking Turbine to come up with something for us

Raoull
05-22-2011, 08:08 AM
I think it is an obvious need. I find it really strange that some master wizard has to pause for a few seconds to switch into a different mode.

lppmor
05-22-2011, 08:39 AM
The devs have already stated that the ability to apply metamagic to individual spells is already at work, but we can't expect it anytime soon.

For now we have to get used to metamagic micromanagement.