PDA

View Full Version : Player Copy

Sleepsalot
05-20-2011, 04:45 PM
Hello All,
If I delete a Copied Player can I import another one in its Place??
Thanks
Sleeps

Sleepsalot
05-21-2011, 05:00 PM
Well does any one know about this??

Seikojin
05-22-2011, 12:10 AM
Nope, you can only copy once per wipe of lamannia.

atkbeast
05-22-2011, 05:37 AM
Unfortunately the best way to put it is you are limited to 5 different character transfer attempts. Unless things have changed since the last transfer period, once you try to transfer a toon, successful or not, that counts against the 5 that DDO allows to Lamannia.

Many of us found the last time that if a toon fails to transfer successfully, that toon and slot are lost on Lamannia for the current round of transfers. The only option was to wait until the server was wiped an a fresh round of transfers is started.

Sleepsalot
05-22-2011, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the answers is not any real issue.
Sleeps

fodder-cannon
08-29-2011, 12:56 AM
Any idea as to how to transfer characters in the first place

The_Brave2
08-29-2011, 12:58 AM
Any idea as to how to transfer characters in the first place

Character Copy details (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=275421)

budalic
08-29-2011, 02:42 AM
Hello All,
If I delete a Copied Player can I import another one in its Place??
Thanks
Sleeps

I don't think you can copy a Player... otherwise I'd hear about it from all those crazy dualboxers. I don't know anything about importing however. Heard it's shady buisiness.

Character, on the other hand...

quijenoth
08-29-2011, 06:26 AM
Unfortunately the best way to put it is you are limited to 5 different character transfer attempts. Unless things have changed since the last transfer period, once you try to transfer a toon, successful or not, that counts against the 5 that DDO allows to Lamannia.

Many of us found the last time that if a toon fails to transfer successfully, that toon and slot are lost on Lamannia for the current round of transfers. The only option was to wait until the server was wiped an a fresh round of transfers is started.

This worked out a real pain for me - when I heard about the DoS/SD changes I wanted to transfer my 20 SD to test them out and provide feedback on the raids. I also made a GS heavy repeater for my 20 artificer to transfer too. However, the transfer failed on my 5th character so I'm not able to provide feedback on that part of Lamannia preview :(