PDA

View Full Version : Make Ioun Stones upgradeable

Khurse
05-20-2011, 01:26 PM
I'm not sure it needs to be done,but every time I hear someone laughing over voice,or typing in party chat about how they managed to sell an old ioun stone to a newer player, either in trade or for plat, I get kinda irritated.

Why not simply let the old ioun stones be upgraded in the stone of change to the surpressed versions?
(And before you ask,Yes, most of my irritation is because I have some older ones from before I could convert to the better versions, I honestly kinda almost care about people getting ripped off as well though, sorta)

Malison
05-20-2011, 01:32 PM
I've been told by people I trust that the older versions can still be upgraded, even if they don't say Surpressed Power. I haven't been able to check that for myself because I've never found one.

kernal42
05-20-2011, 01:36 PM
I upgraded my pale lavendar stone that was too old to have suppressed power on it.

Next time someone laughs at the "fool" who bought his unsuppressed stone; laugh back!

-Kernal

Khurse
05-20-2011, 01:37 PM
Really?
That would be cool, and yet it would make me look stupid.

Hmm,Which way do I hope it turns out...

jcTharin
05-20-2011, 01:38 PM
Really?
That would be cool, and yet it would make me look stupid.

Hmm,Which way do I hope it turns out...

try it. what could go wrong?

Khurse
05-20-2011, 01:39 PM
I upgraded my pale lavendar stone that was too old to have suppressed power on it.

Next time someone laughs at the "fool" who bought his unsuppressed stone; laugh back!

-Kernal

Huh, so it's officially that I look stupid now.

Well, I guess as long as the wide-eyed innocent players who bought the suppressed versions are OK, it was all worth it.

Khurse
05-20-2011, 01:41 PM
try it. what could go wrong?

Turbine could have something coded that destroys all my gear across all my toons due to me trying to upgrade something they don't want me to upgrade?
I know people will say "it's not personal, Turbine isn't out to get you", but they haven't seen the loot tables my toons run with.

steelblueskies
05-20-2011, 07:44 PM
the int+2 ioun stone and a vibrant purple without suppressed power were rejected by the mindsunder crafting device. sold on ah for cheap (~100k) as a result. also have tried every renewal recipe on the pair i could. no way to reroll them into versions with supressed powers.

if you have other types, please give them a shot and post your results for each one you try.