PDA

View Full Version : Bard stuff I'd like to see.

KillEveryone
05-20-2011, 10:19 AM
I'd like to see items that boost the songs and stacks with the enhancements much like arcanes have major items that stack with their enhancements.

Items for Inspire Courage when held boosts +# to attack and damage when the song is played. The fear portion is rather useless when we can start casting GH and any boost to that really is a waste.
Minor gives +1
Greater gives +2
Major gives +3

I'd like to see items that boost the duration of the songs.
Minor adds 1 minute.
Greater adds 2 minutes.
Major adds 3 minutes.

Item for Spellsingers that boosts the caster level of their Song of heightening.

Item for Spellsingers that boosts their spell song trance SP discount.
Minor gives 3% discount on SP.
Greater gives 6% discount on SP.
Major gives 9% discount on SP.

Item for Warchanters Ironskin song that gives extra DR/-
Minor gives an extra 3 DR/-
Greater gives an extra 6 DR/-
Major gives an extra 9 DR/-

Item for Warchanters Inspire Recklessness that gives extra chance at double strike. The song itself gives a 5% chance at double strike with a -10% fort so this is the pattern that I'm following here.
Minor gives an extra 5% chance with a -10% fort.
Greater gives an extra 10% chance with a -20% fort.
Major gives an extra 15% chance with a -30% fort.

Items for Virtuoso that boosts their enthrallment songs, specifically when the critter breaks free.
Minor causes the enemies to suffer an extra -1 penalty to attack rolls and will saves.
Greater causes the enemies to suffer and extra -2 penalty to attack rolls and will saves.
Major causes the enemies to suffer an extra -3 penalty to attack rolls and will saves.

Items for Virtuoso that boosts their fast healing song.
Minor boosts the healing by 3%
Greater boosts the healing by 6%
Major boosts the healing by 9%

I also like to see a song that boots crit range. Something possible for a Tier III.
Warchanter version would extend the crit range of melee weapons by 1.

Spellsinger version would extend the crit range of spells by 3%.
Spellsinger song to add to the crit multiplier of spells. This could be incorporated with the crit range song.

coolpenguin410
05-20-2011, 10:30 AM
I'd like to see items that boost the songs and stacks with the enhancements much like arcanes have major items that stack with their enhancements.

Items for Inspire Courage when held boosts +# to attack and damage when the song is played. The fear portion is rather useless when we can start casting GH and any boost to that really is a waste.
Minor gives +1
Greater gives +2
Major gives +3

I'd like to see items that boost the duration of the songs.
Minor adds 1 minute.
Greater adds 2 minutes.
Major adds 3 minutes.

Item for Spellsingers that boosts the caster level of their Song of heightening.

Item for Spellsingers that boosts their spell song trance SP discount.
Minor gives 3% discount on SP.
Greater gives 6% discount on SP.
Major gives 9% discount on SP.

Item for Warchanters Ironskin song that gives extra DR/-
Minor gives an extra 3 DR/-
Greater gives an extra 6 DR/-
Major gives an extra 9 DR/-

Item for Warchanters Inspire Recklessness that gives extra chance at double strike. The song itself gives a 5% chance at double strike with a -10% fort so this is the pattern that I'm following here.
Minor gives an extra 5% chance with a -10% fort.
Greater gives an extra 10% chance with a -20% fort.
Major gives an extra 15% chance with a -30% fort.

Items for Virtuoso that boosts their enthrallment songs, specifically when the critter breaks free.
Minor causes the enemies to suffer an extra -1 penalty to attack rolls and will saves.
Greater causes the enemies to suffer and extra -2 penalty to attack rolls and will saves.
Major causes the enemies to suffer an extra -3 penalty to attack rolls and will saves.

Items for Virtuoso that boosts their fast healing song.
Minor boosts the healing by 3%
Greater boosts the healing by 6%
Major boosts the healing by 9%

I also like to see a song that boots crit range. Something possible for a Tier III.
Warchanter version would extend the crit range of melee weapons by 1.

Spellsinger version would extend the crit range of spells by 3%.
Spellsinger song to add to the crit multiplier of spells. This could be incorporated with the crit range song.

/signed

It's disappointing how the primary benefits of the class has no real way to be boosted beyond enhancements. Even if you had items that didn't stack, at least that would free up enhancements for diversity.

KillEveryone
06-29-2011, 11:57 AM
Giving this a bumpty bump bump.

I don't want to start another post but I would still like to see this sort of stuff.

theboyftw
06-29-2011, 12:18 PM
in Final Fantasy bard songs actually did stuff like regen spell points and regen hit points across the entire life of the build, rather than as a capstone. it would be cool if the bard songs were the primary focus of the class rather than being a pseudo fighter or pseudo caster.

Faelyndel
06-29-2011, 03:25 PM
Items for Virtuoso / Spellsinger that boosts their fast healing / spellpoint regeneration song.
Minor boosts the healing /regeneration by 3%
Greater boosts the healing /regeneration by 6%
Major boosts the healing /regeneration by 9%
^ Made a little addition in red because I love me my Spellsong Vigor. But absolutely /signed. I agree that it's a pity bards can't boost their most unique asset when melees have effects on items like Keen or Stunning +"X" and spellcasters have "X" Lore or Combustion/Corrosion/Glacial etc. Of course many of these can be applicable to bards, but I don't see why bard songs can't get similar treatment, so long as the bonuses don't affect game balance and require major changes (ie. 14 DR/- [assuming you meant the 5 DR/- of song + 9 DR/- from item] with a Major Ironskin item is too high, so Turbine has to increase mobs' damage output.)

KillEveryone
06-29-2011, 04:22 PM
^ Made a little addition in red because I love me my Spellsong Vigor. But absolutely /signed. I agree that it's a pity bards can't boost their most unique asset when melees have effects on items like Keen or Stunning +"X" and spellcasters have "X" Lore or Combustion/Corrosion/Glacial etc. Of course many of these can be applicable to bards, but I don't see why bard songs can't get similar treatment, so long as the bonuses don't affect game balance and require major changes (ie. 14 DR/- [assuming you meant the 5 DR/- of song + 9 DR/- from item] with a Major Ironskin item is too high, so Turbine has to increase mobs' damage output.)

I'd be happy if we got something beyod having a item that regens our songs and that takes five minutes of holding the item.

I'm not really looking for something to be overpowered either, that isn't the intent. If something was figured to be overpowered, I'd be happy to not include it.

I haven't really factored in balance, mostly putting the idea out there and hoping a mod thinks about the idea.

KillEveryone
02-09-2012, 07:30 PM
I'm giving this thread a bump.

licho
02-11-2012, 02:39 AM
Signed.
Not sure abour all numbers, but as the whole idea its good stuff.
It will be cool if it will be covereded by some named instruments loot. And if graphic will change when perform music (and sound effect as well), like dwarven Warchenet playing on the horn.