PDA

View Full Version : Ring of Ancestors usage?

Flare_Cedric
05-19-2011, 06:28 AM
Hi

Can a true neutral character use the Ring of Ancestors which requires trait:Good?

Regards :)

FuzzyDuck81
05-19-2011, 06:28 AM
if you have sufficient UMD, yes

edit: OK, i remembered wrongly & it doesnt.. curse my being at work & unable to verify!

Flare_Cedric
05-19-2011, 06:36 AM
What if it also says: (No UMD DC)

So I cannot use UMD or the UMD is not required?? (since auto-success on usage)

kuro_zero
05-19-2011, 06:36 AM

Incorrect. Ring of ancestors MUST have alignment:Good to use as UMD is 0 for the item (other words, not bypassable via UMD)

Flare_Cedric
05-19-2011, 06:37 AM
Ok, thanks for the clarification kuro_zero :)

Yvonnel
05-19-2011, 06:39 AM

i once had a old version that had UMD required: 0 dont know if it was chaged at any point, else i guess not (think UMD0 should make it absolutely good-only)

kuro_zero
05-19-2011, 06:42 AM
Ok, thanks for the clarification kuro_zero :)

You're welcome. It is the single downside to an otherwise great item. Alternatively, you can craft a shroud tier 2 holy/holy for a rez clicky. Pretty affordable since it doesn't require larges (worst part will be those small shards...)

Flare_Cedric
05-19-2011, 06:48 AM
Yeah, that was my second option.

But that probably takes a lot more looting, than the ring.

kuro_zero
05-19-2011, 07:12 AM
Yeah, that was my second option.

But that probably takes a lot more looting, than the ring.

True but easily obtainable in the process of looting required larges for tier 3. Getting stones for signet stones for GS blanks provides good exp and better loot. Biggest problem I had was getting the small shard of powers, but your luck may vary (loot gods hate me, so very good chance for that...)

suszterpatt
05-19-2011, 07:27 AM
You're welcome. It is the single downside to an otherwise great item. Alternatively, you can craft a shroud tier 2 holy/holy for a rez clicky. Pretty affordable since it doesn't require larges (worst part will be those small shards...)You can also turn in Planar Shards for an Onyx/Obsidian of the Twelve.

kuro_zero
05-19-2011, 07:29 AM
You can also turn in Planar Shards for an Onyx/Obsidian of the Twelve.

Good call - completely forgot about those as I save for the 150 large bags.

Hordo
05-19-2011, 07:29 AM
Incorrect. Ring of ancestors MUST have alignment:Good to use as UMD is 0 for the item (other words, not bypassable via UMD)

^^^what Kuro said...

tihocan
05-19-2011, 08:43 AM
You can also turn in Planar Shards for an Onyx/Obsidian of the Twelve.
Those do not recharge though.

suszterpatt
05-21-2011, 07:22 PM
Those do not recharge though.
Fair point. Still, 10 shards for a single use clicky and 25 for a double use are entirely affordable if you run VoD/HoX/Garamol with any regularity (and don't need to res people often :P).

Uska
05-21-2011, 09:23 PM
True but easily obtainable in the process of looting required larges for tier 3. Getting stones for signet stones for GS blanks provides good exp and better loot. Biggest problem I had was getting the small shard of powers, but your luck may vary (loot gods hate me, so very good chance for that...)

I have better luck getting shards than I do getting signet stones and the funk and what not to make blanks