PDA

View Full Version : Xoriat, Madness, and the DM

ZeroTakenaka
05-17-2011, 09:14 AM
Wouldn't it be ever so fun if even though we might be in a Xoriat-themed quest that the DM would go insane too?

NINJA BUNNIES FROM NOWHERE!
*maniacal laughter*

rimble
05-17-2011, 09:16 AM
He kinda does in Delirium...

"There's a locked gate ahead...you know what that means?! ANOTHER FLOOR PUZZLE!"

Culver.Civello
05-17-2011, 09:29 AM
Not really a Xoriat quest, but that 'A call for Help' quest in GH... I always have to turn off my volume, because the voice of the DM makes me want to cut off my ears... That is 'mad' IMO. xD

ZeroTakenaka
05-17-2011, 09:31 AM
He kinda does in Delirium...

"There's a locked gate ahead...you know what that means?! ANOTHER FLOOR PUZZLE!"

Yeah... but I want it to be more maddening.

:D

WHEE! Tweettweettweettweettweettweettweet - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4tLtwK-jKs

Ziindarax
05-17-2011, 09:34 AM
Not really a Xoriat quest, but that 'A call for Help' quest in GH... I always have to turn off my volume, because the voice of the DM makes me want to cut off my ears... That is 'mad' IMO. xD

I find his attempts at emulating female characters to be rather hilarious. xD

EustaceTrevelyan
03-09-2012, 10:32 AM

Yeah, the problem i think is that the talent for narration and the rarer talent for character voices don't have much linkage, even more so with an excellent narrator, who's learned to tone down their natural inflections and hammer their pattern into that of the particular rhythms commonly used when telling a story.

This is pretty much the opposite of character acting, which of course requires that you be able to assume completely different but natural patterns of speech. Which is a very tl;dr way of saying if yer good at announcing stuff, you probably suck at characters, unless you're a character actor who's learned an announcer voice character, i spose:)

EDIT: oooops necro. Stupid google.

InsanityIsYourFriend
03-09-2012, 02:51 PM
i say yes!
or just make the xoriat themed quests more random (whats that in the sky... rats rats are falling!) and have 100s of CR 0 rats fall from the sky!
i may not be the best at suggesting an idea for this but i definately like the concept +1 to you OP sir!

ssgcmwatson
03-09-2012, 04:47 PM
(whats that in the sky... rats rats are falling!)

How about a whale and a bowl of petunias (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h02a2HSB58M&feature=related)?

Alrik_Fassbauer
03-09-2012, 05:05 PM
Insane DM ? I think I encountered such a thing today when I was in the old lighthouse of Ataraxia's Haven ... There is a certain red-named Scraag boss there ... ;)