PDA

View Full Version : ingredients bags should be able to contain shard of power

IanYang
05-12-2011, 09:48 PM
This is the second time I forgot to get shard of power from bank before going into Shroud. After I completed the raid and went to alter to craft, I realized that I forgot to get my shards from bank, again!

Ingredients bags really should be able to contain Shard of Power, Great Power and Supreme Power.

kyleann
05-12-2011, 09:55 PM
This is the second time I forgot to get shard of power from bank before going into Shroud. After I completed the raid and went to alter to craft, I realized that I forgot to get my shards from bank, again!

Ingredients bags really should be able to contain Shard of Power, Great Power and Supreme Power.

/signed

This is an oversight, as it is technically an ingredient. I realize it's listed as a trinket, but as a Shard of Power it has no ability as a trinket. It should become a trinket when keyed for crafting, but otherwise it should be considered an ingredient.

Thesoulgazer
05-12-2011, 10:03 PM
Just about to run a shroud raid to completion (group filling) and forgot it. Thank you for reminding me.

Oh yes, /signed.

unknownturok
05-12-2011, 10:04 PM
/signed

KillEveryone
05-12-2011, 10:58 PM
/signed.

JollySwagMan
05-12-2011, 11:24 PM
I agree, but this might be tricky given that they're Trinkets. It would be *really* nice to have some other form of craftable Trinket blank though, that's available to characters that can't enter the Shroud yet...

In the meantime, a temporary fix can be to trash it/sell it to a general vendor, so that you can use the Buyback tab from the vendor guy in part 3...just make sure and don't forget!

Jaid314
05-13-2011, 12:07 AM
I agree, but this might be tricky given that they're Trinkets. It would be *really* nice to have some other form of craftable Trinket blank though, that's available to characters that can't enter the Shroud yet...

In the meantime, a temporary fix can be to trash it/sell it to a general vendor, so that you can use the Buyback tab from the vendor guy in part 3...just make sure and don't forget!

there *is* a randomly dropped trinket that you can craft. it's quite rare, but i have seen it drop on live.

Lithic
05-13-2011, 12:13 AM
If shards of power went into ingredients bags, there would never again be one up for roll. Why give away something you might have need of later, if it costs you no space to store it (up to 2500 of them)?

/not signed.

ProdigalGuru
05-13-2011, 12:13 AM
/not signed

Sorry, but I do not want them to break it.

Has potential to break both Greensteel AND the new crafting system.

Devs, please leave it alone, it's our own fault if we forget ingredients, anyways, and we can always join a guild with altars on the ship.

Matuse
05-13-2011, 05:55 AM
Wearable items don't go into bags. Shards are trinkets, and are wearable.

As an alternative, when you are planning on making a GS item: Don't forget the shard(s).

As alternative #2, ask if someone has an airship with altars inside. Lots do and are perfectly fine with giving invites to people for crafting.

Changing the shards to go into the bag would almost certainly catastrophically backfire.

Schmoe
05-13-2011, 07:50 AM
If shards of power went into ingredients bags, there would never again be one up for roll. Why give away something you might have need of later, if it costs you no space to store it (up to 2500 of them)?

/not signed.

That's not true. How many Necro IV sigils are given away? Those go in a bag, and are bound, and could be useful later, but people give them away all the time. Maybe there wouldn't be as many passed around, but there would still be plenty.

Anyway, I like the idea.

/signed

RumbIe
05-13-2011, 08:28 AM
In my opinion the whole "what goes in a bag" and "what doesn't go in a bag" needs to be revisited. Slayer area SoS flagging gems? Why don't those go in a bag? I don't know how many times I put one up for roll and no one wants it so not breakage there so I NPC it but I'd love to store a few at a time to sell. Or how about the SoS re-flag gems for each quest? I wouldn't mind running a few at a time and having stacks of gems in my bags. since they are a flagging mat each time you want to run SoS. ADQ flagging mats? You can't pass those along in a chest so why not sore in a bag?

OK off of flagging mats how about this new crafting system. I just got a nice special crafting mat called mystical green plant. Guess what. It doesn't go in a bag. Awesome. now more stuff that doesn't fit in a bag. DDO is creating a system whereby you need to buy with money more bank and inventory slots. Hey I get it. I'm ok with it to an extent. The problem is I've maxed out the upgrades I can buy and I'm still overloaded with **** that is all unorganized.

Scroll bags? Wand cases? Forget about it.

suszterpatt
05-13-2011, 08:59 AM
In my opinion the whole "what goes in a bag" and "what doesn't go in a bag" needs to be revisited. Slayer area SoS flagging gems? Why don't those go in a bag? I don't know how many times I put one up for roll and no one wants it so not breakage there so I NPC it but I'd love to store a few at a time to sell. Or how about the SoS re-flag gems for each quest? I wouldn't mind running a few at a time and having stacks of gems in my bags. since they are a flagging mat each time you want to run SoS. ADQ flagging mats? You can't pass those along in a chest so why not sore in a bag?

OK off of flagging mats how about this new crafting system. I just got a nice special crafting mat called mystical green plant. Guess what. It doesn't go in a bag. Awesome. now more stuff that doesn't fit in a bag. DDO is creating a system whereby you need to buy with money more bank and inventory slots. Hey I get it. I'm ok with it to an extent. The problem is I've maxed out the upgrades I can buy and I'm still overloaded with **** that is all unorganized.

Scroll bags? Wand cases? Forget about it.
Mystical Plant goes in the ing bag, it's just that ings you take as quest rewards aren't auto-bagged.

Missing_Minds
05-13-2011, 09:15 AM
/not signed

Sorry, but I do not want them to break it.

Has potential to break both Greensteel AND the new crafting system.

Devs, please leave it alone, it's our own fault if we forget ingredients, anyways, and we can always join a guild with altars on the ship.

I say /not signed

but mostly because it will be too darn confusing to keep greensteel shards separate from the MULTITUDE of craftable shards that are already in my bags.

lorenpechtel
05-15-2011, 08:20 PM
I favor this one, also.

I'll add a few more things to the list:

Siberys Dragonshards. The *FRAGMENTS* go in the bag fine, when combined they don't. The Khyber ones go in the bag fine, though.

NaturalHazard
05-15-2011, 08:36 PM
/signed.

FlyingTurtle
05-15-2011, 08:56 PM
signed because it is a great idea.

not signed because there is a 95% chance of Turbine completely mucking up the conversion and implementation.

Pape_27
05-15-2011, 09:22 PM
/signed

be nice to be able to clear a whole page in my bank inventory...

_

RumbIe
05-17-2011, 07:53 AM
Wait so you're telling me that mystical plants received as a quest end reward do not go in the bag, but if you got one in a chest somehow they do? So I could potentially have one in my inventory and one in a bag? I hope this is just some bug and the devs know about this and are fixing it. Otherwise that's messed up. Mine is not in a bag.

suszterpatt
05-17-2011, 07:58 AM
Wait so you're telling me that mystical plants received as a quest end reward do not go in the bag, but if you got one in a chest somehow they do? So I could potentially have one in my inventory and one in a bag? I hope this is just some bug and the devs know about this and are fixing it. Otherwise that's messed up. Mine is not in a bag.
You can just open the bag and press the Gather button (or just drag the item into the bag). If there's room, it'll be bagged. It's just that when you receive the item as a quest reward, it's not automatically put in the bag (even if you have Auto Gather enabled). Yes, it's a minor bug.

articwarrior
05-17-2011, 07:59 AM
/signed

This is an oversight, as it is technically an ingredient. I realize it's listed as a trinket, but as a Shard of Power it has no ability as a trinket. It should become a trinket when keyed for crafting, but otherwise it should be considered an ingredient.

/not signed

It is a craftable that you may use for normal crafting as a trinket as well as for greensteel.

to OP - even if it was an ingredient it was still in your bank, therefore you forgot it. there was no reason to create a rant suggestion because of your own forgetfulness

lhidda
05-17-2011, 08:01 AM

/not signed.

This.

And: Shard of powers are items to equip (in fact they are trinkets), not ingredients.

Thus, /not signed

SardaofChaos
05-17-2011, 08:13 AM
This.

And: Shard of powers are items to equip (in fact they are trinkets), not ingredients.

Thus, /not signed

This was already proved to be a false assumption given the example of necro sigil pieces. Way to read the thread before voicing an opinion. Also, wearing a shard of power gives you absolutely no benefit, and in fact they have no business being trinkets.

articwarrior
05-17-2011, 08:18 AM
This was already proved to be a false assumption given the example of necro sigil pieces. Way to read the thread before voicing an opinion. Also, wearing a shard of power gives you absolutely no benefit, and in fact they have no business being trinkets.
they are craftable for normal crafting as trinkets, so your argument is invalid

lhidda
05-17-2011, 08:23 AM
... proved to be a false assumption ... disagree, if next quotation is the only text you are refering.

That's not true. How many Necro IV sigils are given away? Those go in a bag, and are bound, and could be useful later, but people give them away all the time.

Sigil pieces go to sigil frame, which is a frame, not a bag.

Way to read the thread before voicing an opinion. Read more carefully, before you state a assumption to be proven false.

Shards of power are still trinkets and are still wearable items even if they have no benefit. -> doesnt go in a bag.
C.f. Outfit (of nothing) is still a wearable item even if u dont have a benefit from it. -> doesnt go in a bag.

IanYang
05-17-2011, 08:41 AM
/not signed

It is a craftable that you may use for normal crafting as a trinket as well as for greensteel.

Shard of Power is a GS ingredient. Thus it should go into ingredient bag and shouldn't be a wearable trinket. Apparently it being wearable and craftable is yet another oversight.

to OP - even if it was an ingredient it was still in your bank, therefore you forgot it. there was no reason to create a rant suggestion because of your own forgetfulness

Because it is an ingredient, it makes me feel that I have already have everything I need in my ingredient bag. Therefore that's not my fault at all.

RumbIe
05-17-2011, 09:02 AM
I could have sworn I've hit the gather button after getting especially considering all the decomp I have done since and yet it remains on my inventory list. I'll double check though. So long as it does end up in it eventually I don't care if it's one extra step.

RJBsComputer
05-17-2011, 09:37 AM
up in the air........

on one hand it would be nice so I won't forget the shard.......lost count of the times...........
on the other hand, you could buy the shrines and craft on a high level guild ship.........

I don't know......

Thrudh
05-17-2011, 09:47 AM

/not signed.

I agree with this.

SardaofChaos
05-17-2011, 10:06 AM
disagree, if next quotation is the only text you are refering.

Sigil pieces go to sigil frame, which is a frame, not a bag.

Read more carefully, before you state a assumption to be proven false.

Shards of power are still trinkets and are still wearable items even if they have no benefit. -> doesnt go in a bag.
C.f. Outfit (of nothing) is still a wearable item even if u dont have a benefit from it. -> doesnt go in a bag.

The frame is the exact same thing as a bag for the purpose of the game: a container that holds more than one of multiple items and takes up only a single inventory space.

As for them being craftable, shards of power were not created as trinkets years ago just so they could be used as trinket blanks today. It is far more likely that it was just easiest programming-wise, as them being trinkets has shown no other use to this date.

Zaal
05-17-2011, 10:33 AM
/NOT SIGNED

Instead, place a BANKER and MAILBOX next to each alter :D

lhidda
05-17-2011, 10:54 AM
The frame is the exact same thing as a bag for the purpose of the game: a container that holds more than one of multiple items and takes up only a single inventory space.

Never contradicted to that.

As for them being craftable, shards of power were not created as trinkets years ago just so they could be used as trinket blanks today. It is far more likely that it was just easiest programming-wise, as them being trinkets has shown no other use to this date.

As long as i played ddo (>1year) shard equips to trinket.

Phemt81
05-17-2011, 10:58 AM

I think this is a bug since one kind of shard goes in and another no...

/signed (of course)

brian14
05-17-2011, 11:08 AM
/NOT SIGNED

Instead, place a BANKER and MAILBOX next to each alter :D
That may be a joke, but I think it is the most sensible solution.

Not EACH altar, just in Phase 3. Put maerroloth banker next to maerroloth vendor.

Phemt81
05-17-2011, 12:17 PM

:confused::eek::confused:

Khanyth
05-17-2011, 12:43 PM
/signed

SardaofChaos
05-17-2011, 01:27 PM
Never contradicted to that.

As long as i played ddo (>1year) shard equips to trinket.

Fine, get technical on me. You did indeed never say that the frame serves a different purpose from a bag. Now you have to tell me why you originally took up argument with my statement that "people freely give up frame pieces that go into a bag type device, so they will still freely give up shards even if they go into a bag type device."

Also, that is exactly my point that the shards have always been trinkets: they have been trinkets for long before crafting ever came into play and therefore the argument that they are trinkets in order to craft trinkets is entirely invalid.

Zaal
05-17-2011, 01:56 PM
That may be a joke, but I think it is the most sensible solution.

Not EACH altar, just in Phase 3. Put maerroloth banker next to maerroloth vendor.

Oh yeah, thick sarcasm on! Had to say all cuz expected various responses... "no, alter 2... Are crazy? Alter 1! Nutz people, only Alter 2 and 3 but Saturdays, only on Alter 1".

Matuse
05-17-2011, 02:10 PM
Shard of Power is a GS ingredient. Thus it should go into ingredient bag and shouldn't be a wearable trinket. Apparently it being wearable and craftable is yet another oversight.

They should be a wearable trinket, because they've been that way since day 1 of the Vale being released. If this was some kind of bug, it would have long ago been fixed.

Or even more relevantly, it would have been more recently fixed when it was found that you could use them with the new crafting.

However, when a developer comes along and says that it is entirely deliberate that shards be used in the new crafting, your supposition that it is an oversight takes a bit of a stumble.

donfilibuster
05-17-2011, 03:09 PM
I'd prefer if the trinket were something else, like a whole syberis shard.
Syberis shards indeed serve to make items by the eberron books.
Yet you can't put these in bags either :/ (unless i live mistaken).

FlyingTurtle
05-17-2011, 03:12 PM
If they fix this, most likely we will no longer be able to disjunct Shroud Shards into Trinket Blanks.

Do you want this?

Zaal
05-17-2011, 06:58 PM
ok ok ok - we at Turbine hear you!

So we're gonna make a bank clickie you can buy with TP's that you can use ONLY when a quest is finished , ok?

I'll be a steal @ just 99 tp's!

IanYang
05-17-2011, 08:42 PM
They should be a wearable trinket, because they've been that way since day 1 of the Vale being released. If this was some kind of bug, it would have long ago been fixed.

Or even more relevantly, it would have been more recently fixed when it was found that you could use them with the new crafting.
There are still bugs and issues which should be fixed long ago. But they remain till now.

However, when a developer comes along and says that it is entirely deliberate that shards be used in the new crafting, your supposition that it is an oversight takes a bit of a stumble.
Did devs decide that shard of power can be used for crafting today when they released Vale of Twilight adventure pack at first? I don't think so. It is an oversight, undoubtedly.

Zaal
05-17-2011, 08:48 PM
Yeah, thats it... PORT-A-BANK, our TRAVELING TELLER... allows you to be a DIMENSIONAL DEPOSITER!
You click/crunch/munch our fabulesouly priced MERCANTILE DOUBLOONS and he appears!

Also in the worx:
Ever wish you'd listened to your guildies bout those guild only curse removal pots?
Don't be caught cursed while raging again - introducing PRESTO POTIONS - yet another innovative Turbine Exclusive!
For just 199 turbine points, you too can click your guilds potion vendor into your favorite quest and never be cursed to death again!

Matuse
05-18-2011, 05:39 AM
Did devs decide that shard of power can be used for crafting today when they released Vale of Twilight adventure pack at first? I don't think so. It is an oversight, undoubtedly.

Obviously they didn't, since the Vale predated crafting by years.

That doesn't make it an oversight. Or possibly you don't know what the word oversight actually means.

Here's a tip: When something is specifically stated to be deliberate, it is NOT AN OVERSIGHT. Only the small shroud shard can be used in crafting, but all 3 are trinkets. This is not an oversight. This is deliberate design.

You seem to be going to rather extreme lengths to avoid having to remember to bring a shard with you when you want to craft. I fail to see why.

As before:
1) When you are planning on crafting something, carry the shard with you ALL THE TIME.
2) Put a post-it on your monitor the day before you go off timer for your crafting run that says "DON'T FORGET TO BRING THE SHARDS!"
3) Ask someone with an airship to give you an invite...tons of guilds maintain all 3 altars on their ships. You can craft any time you want!

Any one of these things would be sufficient reason to not have the devs tinker with something and inevitably screw it up somehow. All three together? This idea is an absurdly bad one.

IanYang
05-18-2011, 06:14 AM
Obviously they didn't, since the Vale predated crafting by years.

That doesn't make it an oversight. Or possibly you don't know what the word oversight actually means.

Here's a tip: When something is specifically stated to be deliberate, it is NOT AN OVERSIGHT. Only the small shroud shard can be used in crafting, but all 3 are trinkets. This is not an oversight. This is deliberate design.
By saying oversight, I mean that is a coding error.

If it was designed to let you wear it, it certainly would provide you with some benefits. However, you get nothing by wearing it.

You seem to be going to rather extreme lengths to avoid having to remember to bring a shard with you when you want to craft. I fail to see why.
Why should I remember to bring a shard with me? It is an ingredient, therefore I thought everything I needed was in my ingredient bag.

Truga
05-18-2011, 06:15 AM

/not signed.

I still wouldn't loot mine, since they don't stack and as such probably wouldn't stack in bags either, thus filling your bags after a couple runs.

Therefore, signed.