PDA

View Full Version : Bummers I don't have enough Adventure packs

simsiim
05-12-2011, 04:33 AM
Bit bored tonight not in the mood to do any thing really so I was seeing if I own enough adventure packs to Unlock FvS.
I don't :(, I have enough to get me 1523 (According to the DDOWiki), I still have not purchased Vale, I was planning to get that as my next purchase when I get enough TP, But that will still be short , by 20 favor :eek:

Current Adventures I own:
Catacombs - 66 favor
Tangleroot - 99 favor
Delera's - 129 favor
VoN - 126 favor
Giant Hold - 216

Guess I need to decide which other Adventure pack will be important for me, that I would enjoy playing. :o
There are some I really like for soloing reasons, and I feel relaxed when doing them (played them on Lamannia or while I was VIP), and really just need one more to secure enough Adventures for favor to unlock Favored Soul. but it would be cheaper to just purchase FvS then buy a couple more adventure packs. :D
I think I'll see which adventures I want to get, along with Vale, to be able to get enough Favor to Unlock FvS

Now which house should I work on

Opps :o I do need more then one more adventure pack was seeing the 1750, but that was for unlocking 32 point, I need 2500 for FvS

ProdigalGuru
05-12-2011, 04:37 AM
The Devil Assault pack was very cheap when I bought it, and I bet it still is.

simsiim
05-12-2011, 04:48 AM
Unfortunately money is tight and in order of importance, a new Computer has Priority over Pixels.
But every once in a while I may be able to squeeze out some $ for TP purchase
I'm slow at leveling, so there's time for waiting on a sale or building up the TP. And thank you for the heads up :)

ProdigalGuru
05-12-2011, 04:58 AM
I mean REALLY cheap.

I think it was 150 TP when I got it.

Easily farmed, no cash required.

Make 1 new toon each on 2 different servers (not your main).

Level them through Korthos and the Harbor.

stoerm
05-12-2011, 05:08 AM

This.

Roll a toon
Run it through a couple quests.
Reroll
etc.

simsiim
05-12-2011, 05:16 AM
I'll log in real quick and check the store, already used up the first time favor earning on all servers, a while back.
I am in a Favor farming Guild on another server then My main. :D So no need to suggest how to farm for Favor for TP , I already know those ;)

Baloran
05-12-2011, 05:16 AM
If you only need the favor for one toon to unlock a server specific favor reward, perhaps somebody who owns the pack can give you a guest pass and you run the chain once on elite?

Either somebody gives you a guest pass just because he is a friend or guild mate (VIP get enough TP anyway) or you make an arrangement with somebody (like "I give you a guest pass for an adventure I own and you don't and then you invite me to an adventure you own and I don't").

Perhaps worth a try.

Cheers

Baloran

Sleepsalot
05-12-2011, 09:11 AM
I did the VIP saves a lot of money in the long run that way you get all the Quests

Bit bored tonight not in the mood to do any thing really so I was seeing if I own enough adventure packs to Unlock FvS.
I don't :(, I have enough to get me 1523 (According to the DDOWiki), I still have not purchased Vale, I was planning to get that as my next purchase when I get enough TP, But that will still be short , by 20 favor :eek:

Current Adventures I own:
Catacombs - 66 favor
Tangleroot - 99 favor
Delera's - 129 favor
VoN - 126 favor
Giant Hold - 216

Guess I need to decide which other Adventure pack will be important for me, that I would enjoy playing. :o
There are some I really like for soloing reasons, and I feel relaxed when doing them (played them on Lamannia or while I was VIP), and really just need one more to secure enough Adventures for favor to unlock Favored Soul. but it would be cheaper to just purchase FvS then buy a couple more adventure packs. :D
I think I'll see which adventures I want to get, along with Vale, to be able to get enough Favor to Unlock FvS

Now which house should I work on

Opps :o I do need more then one more adventure pack was seeing the 1750, but that was for unlocking 32 point, I need 2500 for FvS

Dasthug
05-12-2011, 09:15 AM
I did the VIP saves a lot of money in the long run

That isn't necessarily true.

Ivan_Milic
05-12-2011, 04:18 PM
20% off soon so ull have money.

simsiim
05-12-2011, 07:22 PM
If you only need the favor for one toon to unlock a server specific favor reward, perhaps somebody who owns the pack can give you a guest pass and you run the chain once on elite?

Either somebody gives you a guest pass just because he is a friend or guild mate (VIP get enough TP anyway) or you make an arrangement with somebody (like "I give you a guest pass for an adventure I own and you don't and then you invite me to an adventure you own and I don't").

Perhaps worth a try.

Cheers

Baloran

yes I was thinking just that, as long as I can get an elite opener for the quest too, that would work out great :)

Robi3.0
05-12-2011, 07:25 PM
I mean REALLY cheap.

I think it was 150 TP when I got it.

Easily farmed, no cash required.

It is not that cheap anymore. Turbine boosted the price when they added the raid to it.

simsiim
05-12-2011, 07:28 PM
I did the VIP saves a lot of money in the long run that way you get all the Quests
that would depend what one considers a long run amounts too.
and are we comparing to a Mo to Mo sub or a 3mo sub or a 6 mo sub or a 1yr sub

nolaureltree000
05-12-2011, 07:48 PM

other way around. VIP saves money in the short run, but eventually you can buy the content and come out ontop by going premium. you can cut down on that time if you buy TP during periods of TP bonus sales, and buy content when its 20% or more off. plus you really dont need all the adventure packs or all the other premium content.

TS, for the first 80 favor you earn on every server, you get 100 bonus TP. you can go up to 100 total favor for the regular 25 TP per 100 favor for a grand total of 125 TP for the first 100 favor on every server. so if you want to grind out some free TP, roll up a toon a new server, grind to 100 favor, roll up a new toon on another server, grind to 100 favor, then repeat on every server. you can grind out 750 TP that way if you get to 100 favor on every server other than your home server.

kmau
05-12-2011, 08:04 PM
for the first 80 favor you earn on every server, you get 100 bonus TP

What really? Never heard of bonus TP at 80 favor..

nolaureltree000
05-12-2011, 08:26 PM
What really? Never heard of bonus TP at 80 favor..

http://ddowiki.com/page/Turbine_Point

its not just 80 favor, its at 80 favor that you get the first 3 rungs of bonus favor. the next rung of bonus favor is at 500 so its really not viable to grind that out on all servers.

kmau
05-12-2011, 08:31 PM
Uuuuuuuuh... it's either too late over here or you got something wrong.You only need 50 favor to grab the first 100 bonus TP.
It's not 5 + 25 + 50 = 80
It's 5 -> 25 -> 50 = 50

(And it's probably worth going for 100 for an additional 25 TP)

Sleepsalot
05-13-2011, 05:21 PM
Mine is monthly but if you spend money to buy packs you will end up spending well over the $180.00 and have less points to use for other things. Just how I feel every knows what they want and what to do. I spent money to buy 3 packs I wish I had just went VIP to start.
Sleeps

that would depend what one considers a long run amounts too.
and are we comparing to a Mo to Mo sub or a 3mo sub or a 6 mo sub or a 1yr sub

Stanley_Nicholas
05-13-2011, 06:04 PM
If it's going to take you a while to get elite completions on the packs you already own plus the Vale pack, that may well be enough. All you really need is for Turbine to release another couple of new F2P quests by the time you get that done, which I wouldn't be surprised to see happen. Either that or as was already mentioned, get a guest pass from somebody and get the necessary favor in some pack you haven't purchased. You can probably find a VIP willing to trade you a guest pass to whatever you like in exchange for crafting mats, large devil scales, or various easily-farmed motes or coins the next time there's some in-game event going on.

TrinityTurtle
05-13-2011, 06:19 PM
Grind out some turbine points, and buy the sands of Menachtarun. It has five walk up quests, three raid flagging quests, a preraid, and a raid. And the raid is fairly easy to do, even on elite. That is a good chunk of favor. This is also the area where the bloodstone, dusk heart, ring of spell storing, and fire greaves all drop, in addition to the raid loot like the Torc, greenblade, and a bunch of other nice things.

Just a turtle's 2 cents. :)

Bart_D
05-14-2011, 04:13 PM
Vale of Twilight should be your next pack. You can go there after gianthold, it has the shroud raid, and it has a good TP/favor ratio if you get the quests to elite.

If you have done any favor grinding, you probably know Robi3.0's thread http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=198865&page=5 <- this page has an (old?) list of TP/favor ratios

Edit: Getting to 2500 takes a few packs so i'd suggest focusing on content and what you like to play. You'll probably have to level a few characters and spend the 25tp/100favor on packs to reach 2500 so you might as well enjoy the ride. This page has reviews: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=287854

simsiim
05-15-2011, 09:02 AM
Yes , Vale is my Next purchase, before anything else.

as for purchasing other Adventures, if I was to buy TP, it would be cheaper for me to just buy the FvS then buy enough Adventure packs to earn favor to Unlock the FvS.
I never did the Math before, and assumed with the packs I currently own plus getting Vale would unlock the FvS, but Boredom made me do the math and I'm far from owning enough adventures to unlock FvS through Favor .

My plan was to learn how to play the Divine playing a cleric, then TR the Cleric and start the FvS.
Heck even with Vale I'm still short to unlocking 32points :o:eek:

there is still time to have earned the TP from Favor, to purchase needed pack(s) to reach what I need to unlock 32points, But FvS . . I dunno . . that may be a longer wait then I would want :(
I also need TP for Half-Orc and one more character Slot, but these come after I have 32points unlocked.
Currently have 3 characters I'm leveling up, a SS Bard, DwS Ranger, and a just started Cleric. I intend to have 6 total. Rogue(assassin),Sorcerer, and a HO Flavor Rogue Acrobat later.
At about the time the Bard,Ranger,Cleric Reaches L9 or L10, I was going to start a Wizard, that will be planned to TR into a Sorc, playing the Wiz for the same reason I started the Cleric.
So earning TP shouldn't be a problem from regular game play, I still have my Favor runners on another Server if I feel the need for some quicker TP earning via Favor runs

Gremmlynn
05-15-2011, 01:50 PM
Grind out some turbine points, and buy the sands of Menachtarun. It has five walk up quests, three raid flagging quests, a preraid, and a raid. And the raid is fairly easy to do, even on elite. That is a good chunk of favor. This is also the area where the bloodstone, dusk heart, ring of spell storing, and fire greaves all drop, in addition to the raid loot like the Torc, greenblade, and a bunch of other nice things.

Just a turtle's 2 cents. :)6 walk ups if you count desert caravan.

Bart_D
05-16-2011, 06:17 AM
How about you get one of your characters to a high level (say, cap the cleric), then go vip for a month and farm favor with that character? That's not free but should help get you to 2500, and you get to try all the packs so you get an idea what you like so you can buy it later.

I can't tell if you have bought anything yet, but if not this will also give you extra character slots and more auctions, which are pretty hard to go without.

Templarion
05-16-2011, 06:39 AM
The Devil Assault pack was very cheap when I bought it, and I bet it still is.

No. It is not cheap anymore. Turbine raised the price when the raid was added. Now it is little too expensive atm considering it contains only 1 quest & 1 raid.

simsiim
05-16-2011, 09:56 AM
How about you get one of your characters to a high level (say, cap the cleric), then go vip for a month and farm favor with that character? That's not free but should help get you to 2500, and you get to try all the packs so you get an idea what you like so you can buy it later.

I can't tell if you have bought anything yet, but if not this will also give you extra character slots and more auctions, which are pretty hard to go without.
Former VIP, but some unfortunate events happen , so now just Premium, and rebuilding/Building a new comp has priority over Pixel purchasing right now.