PDA

View Full Version : Help understanding store, please?

minyassa
05-10-2011, 07:59 AM
I've only been playing a few weeks, and I thought the store seemed pretty self-explanatory, but now I'm confused about items tagged "this item cannot be purchased" (not "again", just purchased at all). I figured out how to make them show when it tells me that there's nothing on the screen for my character, but I can't find where it says what qualifications I'll need to be able to purchase the item. I'm trying to purchase a hair style for my half-elf and it is not letting me have access to any of that, but I looked up reference material on the hair styles and it said it was open to all levels and classes. Thought it might be a race thing, but it won't let me purchase any hair styles for my humans either. Can someone clue me in about what I am overlooking? Thanks in advance. :)

MrkGrismer
05-10-2011, 08:57 AM
I've only been playing a few weeks, and I thought the store seemed pretty self-explanatory, but now I'm confused about items tagged "this item cannot be purchased" (not "again", just purchased at all). I figured out how to make them show when it tells me that there's nothing on the screen for my character, but I can't find where it says what qualifications I'll need to be able to purchase the item. I'm trying to purchase a hair style for my half-elf and it is not letting me have access to any of that, but I looked up reference material on the hair styles and it said it was open to all levels and classes. Thought it might be a race thing, but it won't let me purchase any hair styles for my humans either. Can someone clue me in about what I am overlooking? Thanks in advance. :)

Do you have enough TPs? That's the only thing I can think of.

pal_sch
05-10-2011, 09:22 AM
The hairstyles should only be restricted by gender; you can't buy a male hairstyle on a female character or vice-versa. That's the only thing taht would be stopping you...

minyassa
05-10-2011, 09:24 AM
Thanks. I didn't think about it not showing me things I don't have enough TPs for, just because it is showing me some premium stuff (like drow race, shared account, etc.) that I don't have enough for either. I guess it shows you the specials, maybe? Anyway, that probably solves it, thanks!

Solmage
05-10-2011, 01:06 PM
Thanks. I didn't think about it not showing me things I don't have enough TPs for, just because it is showing me some premium stuff (like drow race, shared account, etc.) that I don't have enough for either. I guess it shows you the specials, maybe? Anyway, that probably solves it, thanks!

It should display things you can't afford, but it should not display things you can't use.

A lot of the hair dyes are often for female characters, perhaps that's what is happening?