PDA

View Full Version : Can Whirling Steel Strike be improved?

AcesWylde
05-08-2011, 12:08 PM
How can the Whirling Steel Strike feat be improved?

Whirling Steel Strike
Usage: Passive
Prerequisites: Monk 1, Proficiency: Longsword, Weapon Focus: Slashing
Benifit: You treat longswords as if they were monk weapons, remaining centered when you wield them.

Whirling Steel Strike
Prerequisites: Monk 1, Proficiency: Longsword
Benifit: You treat longswords as if they were monk weapons, remaining centered when you wield them.
Note: this would save a feat slot

Whirling Steel Strike
Benifit: Provides a +1 bonus to damage rolls when using longswords, and you treat longswords as if they were monk weapons, remaining centered when you wield them.
Note: just +1 to damage would be enough to make this feat beter than it is now.

Whirling Steel Strike
Benifit: Provides a +1 bonus to damage rolls when using longswords, and you treat longswords as if they were monk weapons, remaining centered when you wield them.
Note: this would mimic weapon specialization, but only for longswords.

Whirling Steel Strike
Benifit: Your two-weapon fighting penalty is reduced by 1 when wielding dual longswords, and you treat longswords as if they were monk weapons, remaining centered when you wield them.
Note: this probably wouldn't stack with Tempest II/III?

Whirling Steel Strike
Benifit: Your two-weapon fighting penalty is reduced by 1 when wielding dual longswords, and you treat longswords as if they were monk weapons, remaining centered when you wield them.
Note: this probably wouldn't stack with Tempest II/III?

Whirling Steel Strike
Benifit: You treat longswords as light weapons for two-weapon figting purposes, and you treat longswords as if they were monk weapons, remaining centered when you wield them.
Note: eliminates the need fro Oversized Two-Weapon fighting when using longswords.

Whirling Steel Strike
Benifit: You treat longswords as light weapons for two-weapon figting purposes and for Weapon Finesse, and you treat longswords as if they were monk weapons, remaining centered when you wield them.
Note: eliminates the need fro Oversized Two-Weapon fighting when using longswords, and allows longswords to be finessable.

Whirling Steel Strike
Benifit: You have an extra 5% chance to doublestrike while weilding a longsword, and you treat longswords as if they were monk weapons, remaining centered when you wield them.

Whirling Steel Strike
Benifit: You have an extra 10% chance to doublestrike while weilding a longsword, and you treat longswords as if they were monk weapons, remaining centered when you wield them.

Vote for what you think the best and most balanced option is, or suggest another option.

elujin
05-08-2011, 12:10 PM
the feat it self is fine il go for the option of skipping prequists

AcesWylde
05-08-2011, 12:15 PM
I like option 4 myself, I can't imagine anyone taking this feat not being a two-weapon fighter, and it would free up the need for OTWF.

Yeah, simply removing WF:Slashing as a preq, would be an improvement as well, either one would free up a feat slot.

CodyGenX
05-08-2011, 12:28 PM
I'd like to see:

Elves being able to use scimitars while in stance via WSS. But that'll never happen (poor elves :( )

bjlinden
05-11-2011, 11:58 PM
It seems to me the best way to fix whirling steel strike wouldn't be to change whirling steel strike at all, but rather to change stunning fist so that it can be used with any weapon as long as you are centered.

It would still be an expensive feat to take, and not something your average monk would want to use, but at least this way it would provide enough utility to a fighter or ranger multiclass to make it worth giving up the extra DPS khopeshes would provide.

Not that I would complain about removing the weapon focus prerequisite either, of course...