PDA

View Full Version : Question about chat window

Donamia
05-08-2011, 11:45 AM
Yesterday I was running quests with a party and about halfway through our third quest I suddenly wasn't able to communicate via the chat window. I could type in the box, but when I hit enter it never showed up, and my party-mates defiitely couldn't see anything I was saying. Which sucked because I screwed something up and really wanted to apologize. :P

Between quests I logged out and logged back in, but that didn't fix it. Do you think this is some kind of bug, or did i change some setting while mashing keys during gameplay? Has this happened to anyone else before?

Your help is appreciated, thanks. :)

adamkatt
05-08-2011, 11:54 AM
You may have deleted your party chat window, goto ui options and reset chat windows or create more of your own.

Donamia
05-08-2011, 12:06 PM
No, it was still there. I could see them talking and just wasn't able to reply.

Impaqt
05-08-2011, 12:07 PM
No, it was still there. I could see them talking and just wasn't able to reply.

They squelched you.

Donamia
05-08-2011, 12:20 PM
What does that mean? like they blocked me from talking? What purpose would that serve?

katz
05-08-2011, 12:27 PM
you didn't see your OWN text showing up? do you, by chance, have multiple chat boxes open? like one for chat and one for combat? i know its possible to tab thru chat boxes at a click (i forget what button does that, tho) so perhaps you ended up in the wrong chat? check all your settings... what chat window you are in, what's your outgoing chat, what's your INcoming chat (if your outgoing is general, but you're in the party tab, you'll never see what you're saying and you annoy a whole zone, for example)

squelching would not remove your ability to talk, but if they DID squelch you because they were upset for whatever reason, they would not see your apologies, regardless if you fixed your chat windows or not.

good luck

LoveNeverFails
05-08-2011, 12:28 PM
What does that mean? like they blocked me from talking? What purpose would that serve?

I use it extremely rarely, but usually when someone is annoying the **** outta me.

adamkatt
05-08-2011, 01:03 PM
They squelched you.

lol n1 Allen

Dulcimerist
05-08-2011, 01:25 PM
goto ui options and reset chat windows

This. ;)

Turtlsdown
05-08-2011, 01:41 PM
Maybe something with your connection to the chat server? Some kind of software firewall on your PC blocking the required ports maybe? Really depends if you still have this issue after restarting the computer and signing into DDO again.

tihocan
05-09-2011, 08:34 AM
If you didn't see your own text then my guess is your outgoing chat was wrongly set for some reason (right click on the chat tab to check it out).