PDA

View Full Version : All new craftable items bound?

Empireworld
05-07-2011, 10:15 AM
Are all the new craftable items bound from the new crafting system?

And are they Bound to Character or Bound to Account. If bound to account then I will only have to raise one character in the crafting system.

cdemeritt
05-07-2011, 10:24 AM
Look, the plan is to eventually make crafting unbound.. has been from the getgo... They simply released the bound stuff first.... They may or may not yet released/changed the bound to bound to account... but if the answer is not yet, Bound to Account/ Unbound will come Soon (tm).

Thanks for the feedback - some pretty fair statements in here.

I'm reluctant to list all the immediate changes, but I can tell you we are making shards BTA. You won't need to make each alt a crafter.

I don't usually have time to read every release note, spend hrs on lammania each run, and often miss/mis-interpret what I read, but this question has been asked sooo many times now.

Empireworld
05-07-2011, 02:08 PM
I don't usually have time to read every release note, spend hrs on lammania each run, and often miss/mis-interpret what I read, but this question has been asked sooo many times now.

Good thing I didn't ask that question. :) Shards are BTA but what about the weapon you craft with them? Are not other crafted items character bound?

ReaperAlexEU
05-07-2011, 02:56 PM
Good thing I didn't ask that question. :) Shards are BTA but what about the weapon you craft with them? Are not other crafted items character bound?

there are 3 steps to crafting
1: breaking item/weapons down into components
2: creating shards from the broken down components
3: combining shards to create a new item/weapon

step 1 and 3 have no chance of failure and no minimum crafting level requirement.

so you need a crafting alt to do step 2, which can then pass the shards on to the characters that will make use of them in step 3 when the final item is created and bound to character.

so, once shards become bound to account you will only need one crafting alt