PDA

View Full Version : Menechtarum Teleporter

M0rfeo
05-07-2011, 08:44 AM
What about a NPC Teleporter for the Sands of Menechtarum?
As the NPC of Gianthold, that, after the first completion of PoP, Madstone and Cruci, can help you to run fastly to the quests.
So my suggestion is the following:

A Djinni (for example) NPC that after the first completion of OoB, WizKing, Chains and ADQ, can teleport you respectively in:
1° Drows Area - To reach easily Offering of Blood
2° Undeads Area - To reach easily Wizard King (not very useful but for the Par Condicio)
3° Gnolls Area - To reach easily Chains of Flame (yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee)
4° Queen Area - To reach easily Against the Demon Queen

Thanks all
Jhoz

varusso
05-07-2011, 08:48 AM
sure why not. Everyone runs past all the trash anyway, 90% of the time, when they are just heading for the quests. Once youve made the run (and completed the quest), youve 'earned' it.

M0rfeo
05-07-2011, 11:19 AM
For example, I like the Chains of Flame quest, but on low lvls normally i waste 10-15 mins just to reach the quest. It's very very frustrating.

jwdaniels
05-07-2011, 11:32 AM
I run Chains of Flame once and once only on each character, because it takes way too freakin' long to get there, and that's assuming you don't get lost on the way. It's a great quest, but definitely not worth the trip out there.

Kriogen
05-07-2011, 01:03 PM
Yes.

Gianthold model should be used for all explorer areas that have quests.

Templarion
05-07-2011, 01:10 PM
/signed

For example, I like the Chains of Flame quest, but on low lvls normally i waste 10-15 mins just to reach the quest. It's very very frustrating.Yeah. The quest itself is interesting but I hate the run so much I have sometimes skipped it totally and just TR'ed to a new life.

paraplegic
05-07-2011, 01:14 PM
when you waste 10 mins ( new people get lost, you get lost, mage get lost) to reach the quest. and end the quest in 20 min it dosent worth it..

M0rfeo
05-09-2011, 01:17 AM
Yes.

Agree

sirgog
05-09-2011, 01:24 AM
Yes.

/signed, except maybe where the explorer areas are really small.

ToD's setup works really well too.

suszterpatt
05-09-2011, 04:35 AM
Yes.

Or at the very least, for all explorer areas the size of Gianthold.

For which the Sands easily qualify.

/signed, especially for Chains

dsoft20
05-09-2011, 04:42 AM
I always get lost in the sands :P

/signed

lazylaz
05-09-2011, 05:04 AM
Nuh.

It doesn't take that long to get there. As someone who's played a few "traditional" styled MMOs I don't think the couple of extra minutes it takes is a worry. It takes me longer to log into the game!

And I like doing slayers so it all builds up nicely.

Each to their I suppose. Whenever I read a thread about this subject I sometimes wonder if the first couple of syllables of my forum name should be attached to others.

edit: nice neg children

Gauthaag
05-09-2011, 05:12 AM
Yeah, pure laziness. Everyone knows where the Bloodstone and SS Ring chests are and didnt mind to spend time to check em. But no one can remember the way to quests, heh.

U can get to all quest entrances within 5 mins wo single fight.

M0rfeo
05-09-2011, 07:26 AM
The teleporter, in my idea, would be an avaliable "option". Everyone is free to run the sands if like it :)

Lordress
05-09-2011, 08:24 AM
/signed

i don't mind finding "it" the first time..but after that, i'd appreciate a teleport option. Those who want the slayers can still hike out there; those who are not interested in slayers can just get to the quest.

danotmano1998
05-09-2011, 08:30 AM
/signed

i don't mind finding "it" the first time..but after that, i'd appreciate a teleport option. Those who want the slayers can still hike out there; those who are not interested in slayers can just get to the quest.

/signed. Exactly this ^^

Gauthaag
05-09-2011, 08:48 AM
Oh, and what about red fens, restless isles, Ataraxia or Orchard quests? Why not to have quest givers teleporting to quest portals?

/sarcasm off

Yazston_the_Invoker
05-09-2011, 09:02 AM
/signed

And simply for chains of flame. That is one of the few good-xp quests that I only ever run once per toon to flag. If it took half as long to get there, I might actually run it more...otherwise it's usually oob a few times, wizking a few times, then chains once, just to flag.

Imo, there is no other quest in ddo that is as annoying to get to.

M0rfeo
05-11-2011, 01:47 AM
Oh, and what about red fens, restless isles, Ataraxia or Orchard quests? Why not to have quest givers teleporting to quest portals?

/sarcasm off

We got already quest teleporters for the two quests in restless isles :p

unknownturok
05-11-2011, 02:43 AM
/signed

unknownturok
05-11-2011, 02:44 AM
great idea

Fensen
05-12-2011, 10:45 AM
I think teleport to certain of the wilderness quests would be great. I don't mind finding them the first time out in the area with a toon and one should certainly have to complete the quest once in order to be teleported there. After that though, I would like the convenience of choosing the teleport or wilderness.

Veileira
05-12-2011, 10:49 AM
Yeah, pure laziness. Everyone knows where the Bloodstone and SS Ring chests are and didnt mind to spend time to check em. But no one can remember the way to quests, heh.

U can get to all quest entrances within 5 mins wo single fight.

Chains in 5 min? Takes me more than 2 casts of haste after invis. You got a shortcut nobody knows about?

BangsLiekWhoa
05-12-2011, 01:33 PM
Chains in 5 min? Takes me more than 2 casts of haste after invis. You got a shortcut nobody knows about?

This is the route.
I really don't think it takes much more than 5 minutes with haste.
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a326/BangsLiekWhoa/CoF.jpg

M0rfeo
05-14-2011, 07:18 AM
This is the route.
I really don't think it takes much more than 5 minutes with haste.
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a326/BangsLiekWhoa/CoF.jpg

You are right: if you know the route, if you can cast haste, if you can cast invisibility, maybe it will not take more than 5 minutes.
But, for example, we got 3 teleports in the Gianthold Area. One of them, the first, can teleport you near Prison of the Planes after the first quest completion. Well... from the start, with no teleport you can reach Prison of the Planes, i think in 4 minutes. But i want to know the mad guy that, after the first completion, with the teleport unknocked, will continue to run the map with no using the teleport :P

sorry for my bad english, i hope i can explain myself ;)

Oobiedoobienoobie
05-14-2011, 07:56 AM
/signed

Teleporter for the Sands in particular is not unreasonable.