PDA

View Full Version : Items you can sell to crafters

Jiirix
05-04-2011, 03:13 AM
Hello everybody. You can benefit from the grindy new crafting system even if you don’t want to craft at all. Sell the crafters your junk loot. Items that were junk before Update 9 are now valuable because crafters can get essences from them. There are different amounts of essences one can get from an item and I made this thread to let you know what items the crafters can use best. The highest amount of essences (level 5) comes from items with:

- +10-15 to skills
- +5, +6 to stats
- Greater Bane weapons
- Holy Burst, Metalline
- Improved Roaring, Cursespewing, Shattermantle, Destruction
- Smiting, Vorpal, Disruption, Smiting, Paralyzing
- Backstbbing +5, Protection +5
- Seeker+10, Vertigo+10
- Greater Resistance
- Greater Shadow, Silent Move
- Heavy Fort., Deathblock, Spell Resistance (19)
- Striding 25%+
- Power VIII+, Magi
- Major lore items
- Spell Pen. VII, Greater Spell Pen. V+
- Greater Potency/Combustion VII+
- Greater Devotion/GlaciationVI+
- Superior Pentency V+

So please don’t let the Dexterous +1 Boots of swimming +11 rot in the chest or vendor it. Sell it to a crafter for a reasonable price.Let’s say an average toon has a haggle of 20 and you don’t bother to use your haggle bard to buy or sell junk. In that case you would get 20% of the base value from a broker selling junk and you would have to pay 120% to buy junk. If you would sell your junk for 60% of the baseprice on the AH that would double the win for the seller (after AH tax) and half the costs for the buyer. That’s just a suggestion of me, of course you can try to get the maximum out of it. (And keep in mind that this only applies to junk, not a valuable +6 stat item with nothing else on it or other high value items ;) )

I posted this thread under new player advice cause most vet players don’t need plat, but I think on your first toon it would be useful to know what is sellable to crafters.

Nysrock
05-04-2011, 03:19 AM
How about actually selling some of these items on AH for players to USE. It is now impossible to find +5 and +7 skill items at vendors or on the AH. Yes crafting is great but emptying all of the vendors of every piece of usable equipment for players to actually USE and not deconstruct just sucks. There is no way at all now for newer players to get some of the lower level gear and equipment unless they happen to find it.

Jiirix
05-04-2011, 03:26 AM
Wow, what server are you on? I am sure things will even out over time, right now the crafting is new to everyone. And I suggested selling items rather then letting them rot in chest or vendor them at the next barkeep. And I didn't mean plain +X of a usefull skill items. More like +10 of skill items with min level 17.

Nysrock
05-04-2011, 03:37 AM
I'm on Ghallanda. My brother just came back from about 3 years off and trying to outfit him is a *****! I have plenty of twink gear but most of it is BTA. I am TRing a guy with 1 rogue level and full skills and so far I cannot find any +5 or +7 search and disable items for him. Hopefully it does even out soon.

NUDS
05-04-2011, 03:41 AM
I didn't think it would be that bad either, but on Sarlona the marketplace brokers are literally empty. It doesn't really affect me since I've got loads of twinking items floating around various alts but for newer players, it might be a problem.

The brokers in House K, D and RR/Amrath are still fairly well stocked but I think this is due to the fact that the base price is so high people don't bother buying from those and deconstructiing them.

Looking at your list, a lot of the pre-fix/suffix combinations are actually pretty useful. Even if they have a really high ML, buying these with no trash adds on the AH is just impossible for newer players who don't mind throwing 50K pp on a item at-level.

i.e For a level 12 player, a +X Paralyzing X would be about 5~10X as expensive as a +X Paralyzing of <Trash Suffix>.

So hopefully, once the novelty of deconstructing everything wears off, people will start circulating random equipment again.

Jiirix
05-04-2011, 03:50 AM
Again: I just listed the items that have a lvl 5 essence amount so those won't rot in chests or are sold to barkeeps because they are considered to be junk. Of course such an item can have a value beyond deconstructing.

dunklezhan
05-04-2011, 03:52 AM
I'm on Ghallanda. My brother just came back from about 3 years off and trying to outfit him is a *****! I have plenty of twink gear but most of it is BTA. I am TRing a guy with 1 rogue level and full skills and so far I cannot find any +5 or +7 search and disable items for him. Hopefully it does even out soon.

ah, but when crafting goes unbound there will be a metric shardload of crafters able to make you and your brother exactly the item you need. I'm not on Ghallanda, I'm on argo, but I will be outfitting guildies for free (cos they're helping me by sending me mats they've looted now), and, because I'm not greedy, non-guildies for very reasonable prices, in both AH and trade. I mean it - i'll not be gouging. Probably asking base item price and no more, or trading for more mats or your trash loot, or trading items for assistance in quests etc etc.

Its going to be a whole new ecomony, and its going to be awesome, if I have anything to say about it.

Satinavian
05-04-2011, 04:06 AM
The items mentioned by the OP are not exactly lew-level stuff.

And if i look at the AH-prizes, he suggests, i am more than sure, he doesn't speak of twink gear but of vendor trash that has far too high ml for its effects to be useful contribution. Yes, he is talking of combinations of one of those effects with other useless effects that raise the ml to a level no one wants to use it.

Those have been vendored before and can now be deconstructed utilizing the one high-level effect for lots of essences.

Jiirix
05-04-2011, 04:29 AM
The items mentioned by the OP are not exactly lew-level stuff.

And if i look at the AH-prizes, he suggests, i am more than sure, he doesn't speak of twink gear but of vendor trash that has far too high ml for its effects to be useful contribution. Yes, he is talking of combinations of one of those effects with other useless effects that raise the ml to a level no one wants to use it.

Those have been vendored before and can now be deconstructed utilizing the one high-level effect for lots of essences.

Thanks, that is my point. Items that were considered to be junk pre Update 9 are useful now for crafters and therefore can be sold. The Dexterous +1 Boots of swimming +11 I mentioned would have rotted in the AH for ever pre U9.

Nysrock
05-04-2011, 04:32 AM
Oh I agree that it is a great market for previous "Vendor Trash". My only complaint is how it affects the outfitting of newer players being unable to buy what they need.

Jiirix
05-04-2011, 05:10 AM
I can see that point. A Health +6 belt of something min lvl 15 was a bargain pre U9 because it was only useful to a new player and everybody else had something better. Now it may just be deconstructed. Beeing in a guild helps much with that problem. If I find semi-useful items I ask first in group and guild if somebody can use it before selling or deconstructing it.

MrkGrismer
05-04-2011, 08:14 AM
I stick almost everything I find on the auction house for 3 days, generally at anywhere from half base price to double base price. If it does not sell then I melt it down in the crafting hall.

The only exception being 'of repair' and 'of sustenance', which I assume nobody will buy and will get melted down immediately.

Vikkus
05-23-2011, 08:21 AM
A nice list. I was deconstructing everything and selling the essences. Now I add some thing to the AH at around 1k - 2k pp and see if it sells before I deconstruct it.

PurdueDave
05-23-2011, 10:57 AM
I stick almost everything I find on the auction house for 3 days, generally at anywhere from half base price to double base price. If it does not sell then I melt it down in the crafting hall.

The only exception being 'of repair' and 'of sustenance', which I assume nobody will buy and will get melted down immediately.

This.

LordMond63
05-23-2011, 06:34 PM
Also on a semi-related topic, prices for the Greater essences have finally stabilized, at least on Orien, with most selling in the range of 250-350pp each. I have to admit that I miss the first couple of weeks when the price was as much as 1500pp each, but I knew that couldn't last.

licho
05-23-2011, 06:56 PM
The first day after crafting come ware little mad, now its a little more calm, but still its hardly to find anything at low level generic vendors, only named loot last.

Actually everything now could be sold at the vendor price, i remember the golden times on some new toon selling all swiming +3 stuff for 500plat. (and it goes quite fast)

So basicly, if your are poor you can post any ****, and soon it will be sold.