PDA

View Full Version : Question on lesser reincarnation, TR and past life feats

moonloved2511
05-03-2011, 04:25 AM
I hope this is the right place to ask this question but I was wondering about the lesser reincarnation and the fact that it allows you to change class. Does this mean if I change my 20th level fighter (I'm getting way ahead of myself here but it's good to plan) into say a 20th level barb over the course of a month using the +5 lesser reincarnation hearts and then TR that I would get the barb passive past life feat in my next life?

M.L

elujin
05-03-2011, 04:28 AM
not sure this is posible (prob not) but you would only need 10 barb levels to get the past life barb

maha0201
05-03-2011, 04:28 AM
Yes, it is possible to chanege youre class with lesser.
You dont need to have pure lvl 20 class to obtain past life form that class it just need to be dominante class.
So you could do 2x +5 lesser on youre figter to barb, and you would be 10bbn/10ftr, iirc there are some posts on forums that say if you have equal class split you get Past Life form class in alphabetical order (bbn,bard.....wizard ;last 2 being fvs and monk)

Tho if you are under lvl 13 you could now multyclass to bbn for 8 lvls so you would just use the +3 hart, unless you are lawful (then you first need to change youre aligment to chaotic/neutral)

moonloved2511
05-03-2011, 04:38 AM
Thanks for the speedy responses. I don't actually want to the barb bonus it was just the first example which came to mind. I'm more thinking if it is possible it would allow me to complete classes that I don't like so they are complete for the every class to 20th feat.

M.L

tihocan
05-03-2011, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the speedy responses. I don't actually want to the barb bonus it was just the first example which came to mind. I'm more thinking if it is possible it would allow me to complete classes that I don't like so they are complete for the every class to 20th feat.

M.L
Just keep in mind if you're going for 10/10 with 2x +5 Hearts, that there is one class "winning" over the other one. I don't remember the exact order (originally it was alphabetical, so for instance a Barb 10/Fighter 10 would be considered a Barb, but the newly-introduced classes do not follow this rule I believe (Monk / FvS)).

Carpone
05-03-2011, 09:36 AM
I hope this is the right place to ask this question but I was wondering about the lesser reincarnation and the fact that it allows you to change class. Does this mean if I change my 20th level fighter (I'm getting way ahead of myself here but it's good to plan) into say a 20th level barb over the course of a month using the +5 lesser reincarnation hearts and then TR that I would get the barb passive past life feat in my next life?

M.L

Yes, you're correct. In that scenario, you would have the Barbarian past life when you TR.

Note: You don't need 20 levels of barbarian to get the barbarian past life. If you had 10 barbarian levels and 10 fighter levels, you would still get the barbarian past life. (In the case of a tie, the dominant class is chosen based on alphabetical order. Monks and Favored Souls are exceptions to this alphabetical rule, due to the way they were added to the game.)