PDA

View Full Version : Point me in the right direction please. =]

Eloewyst
05-02-2011, 07:45 PM
Ive looking for a build with good DPS,as well as being able to heal himself and others when needed. Now not like a fulltime healer but maybe be able to throw some heals here and there everyonce in a while. Still newer and havent played much other then my 7th fighter but what i think i descibed is the paladin class? If it is could anyone direct me to a build for them? If someother class comes to mind it would be greatly appreciated if you could explain and help me out. =] Thx for anyhelp everyone.

Baahb3
05-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Pretty much everything you need to know about paladins.

Junts Guide to Paladins:
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=218542

Eloewyst
05-02-2011, 08:34 PM
That guide was made back in 2009. Was just wondering if anyone had a more up-to-date guide or build?

TheDearLeader
05-02-2011, 08:37 PM
That guide was made back in 2009. Was just wondering if anyone had a more up-to-date guide or build?

Many of the posts in that thread have been upkept since then. if you look, many of them were edited in Dec. 2010, meaning they're only about half a year old now.

It's still a good guide.

Kourier
05-02-2011, 08:37 PM

People link it because it's still pretty relevant. Once you read it and if the sample builds don't suit your fancy feel free to ask questions - a lot of nice people on these forums.

Eloewyst
05-02-2011, 10:29 PM
This is the build i was gonna try out but i dont understand the Enhancements layout at the bottom. Any ideas? Trying to figure out what leves i need to take which of them and whatnot?

Lawful Good Human Paladin 20

Str: 17 + 5 level ups (6 item, 2 tome, 3 exceptional, 1 human = 34)
Dex: 8
Con: 14 (6 item, 2 tome = 22)
Int: 8 (2 sp/level)
Wis: 8 (16 with tome and item)
Cha: 17 (DM4 with +3 tome; 26-28 modified)

28 point: 16 str, 13 con, use the human enhancement on con instead of str)

Feats:

1: Toughness
1: Two-handed fighting
3: Power Attack
6: Extend Spell
9: Improved Two-handed Fighting
12: Improved critical: Slashing weapons
15: Greater Two-handed Fighting
18: skill focus: Use Magic Device or Stunning Blow (to taste)

Skills: Use Magic device and balance; 2 ranks in tumble to permit tumbling. +2 tome, add some jump

Knight of the Chalice 1-3 (8 ap)
Courage of Good 1-2 (3 ap, pre-req)
Energy of the Templar 1-2 (3 ap, pre-req)
Divine Sacrifice 1-3 (6 ap)
Divine Might 1-4 (10 ap)
Extra Lay on Hands 1-3 (6 ap)
Extra Smiting 1-4 (10 ap, pre-req)
Exalted Smiting 1-4 (10 ap)
Racial Toughness 1-2 (3 AP)
Paladin Toughness 1-2 (3 ap)
Follower of the Sovereign Host (2 ap, pre-req)
Unyielding Sovereignty (4 ap, pre-req)
Human adaptability: Strength
Human improved recovery 1-2
Paladin Weapons of Good
Paladin Charisma 1 (if needed for evenness)

Angelus_dead
05-02-2011, 10:52 PM
Ive looking for a build with good DPS,as well as being able to heal himself and others when needed. Now not like a fulltime healer but maybe be able to throw some heals here and there everyonce in a while. Still newer and havent played much other then my 7th fighter but what i think i descibed is the paladin class?
The Paladin class probably won't provide enough healing to cover what you mean. Look for Cleric, Favored Soul, or Bard.

jcTharin
05-02-2011, 10:58 PM
at best a paladin is able to do emergency healing with lay on hands. a melee FvS will be able to heal as well as any pure caster and do about 60%-70% of normal DPS. A bard will be able to melee well and do great buffing and medium healing, some very well built bards can heal raids.

tihocan
05-03-2011, 09:37 AM
If you want to heal others every now and then, Bard is better than Paladin (which is really not well suited to heal others, although can throw a few emergency heals during a quest).

You can find some sample builds in this thread (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=232660).

Thebeest
05-03-2011, 09:55 AM
roll a warforged favored soul. That will take you into the Lord of Blades line and gives bonuses with greatswords. you will be an all around toon. Able to melee efficiently, heal efficiently, and cast offensive spells efficiently. I rolled one and love it. The capstone is also sweet of 15 damage reduction. plus at 5, 10, 15 you get 10 inherent resistance of the element of your choice.

oh, almost forgot, you get wings too!