PDA

View Full Version : Bekanntes Problem mit Grünstahl-Rezepten

Tolero
05-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Vorsicht: Benutzen Sie nicht die Terz-Stufe Grünstahl-Rezepte, weil das Eldritch-Geräten die Zutaten zerstört und unwiderruflich den Greensteel-Artikel bricht. Wir entschuldigen uns für etwaige Unannehmlichkeiten!

(Important Update: Do not attempt the third tier of greensteel recipes, as the device will destroy the ingredients and irrevocably break the Greensteel item. We apologize for the inconvenience.)

karl_k0ch
05-02-2011, 05:46 PM
Vorsicht: Benutzen Sie nicht die Stufe-3-Grünstahl-Rezepte (Tier3), weil das Eldritch-Gerät die Zutaten zerstört und unwiderruflich den Grünstahl-Gegenstand verpfuscht. Wir entschuldigen uns für etwaige Unannehmlichkeiten!

(Important Update: Do not attempt the third tier of greensteel recipes, as the device will destroy the ingredients and irrevocably break the Greensteel item. We apologize for the inconvenience.)

My try on translating that one. Not quite the same, as the bug currently does not destroy or physically break the item, but it messes up the Greensteel Recipe. I used "verpfuscht", which means that the device botches up the item. If you don't like it, don't use it.

And a last one: Bekannte Probleme mit Grünstahl-Rezepten.
Or Bekanntes Problem mit Grünstahl-Rezepten.

Anyway, "mit" needs the Dativ case.

Tolero
05-02-2011, 06:05 PM
My try on translating that one. Not quite the same, as the bug currently does not destroy or physically break the item, but it messes up the Greensteel Recipe. I used "verpfuscht", which means that the device botches up the item. If you don't like it, don't use it.

And a last one: Bekannte Probleme mit Grünstahl-Rezepten.
Or Bekanntes Problem mit Grünstahl-Rezepten.

Anyway, "mit" needs the Dativ case.

(Yeah I was torn on whether to use something like verpfuscht or Fehler machen, but so far as I'm aware it causes an error in a way that doesn't let you "try again" so I went with "broken". Thanks on the Dativ)

karl_k0ch
05-02-2011, 06:10 PM
(Yeah I was torn on whether to use something like verpfuscht or Fehler machen, but so far as I'm aware it causes an error in a way that doesn't let you "try again" so I went with "broken". Thanks on the Dativ)

Well, that's what the "unwiederruflich" is for, anyway.

I guess you have noted it, but you might not - I edited my version into your quote.

Still "Bekannte Problem" is wrong. It's "das Problem", so either "Bekanntes Problem" (one of them) or "Bekannte Probleme" (more of them).

Tolero
05-03-2011, 10:05 AM
Well, that's what the "unwiederruflich" is for, anyway.

I guess you have noted it, but you might not - I edited my version into your quote.

Still "Bekannte Problem" is wrong. It's "das Problem", so either "Bekanntes Problem" (one of them) or "Bekannte Probleme" (more of them).

(Gotcha. Hmm, on the "Stufe-3-Grünstahl-Rezepte" is it very common to have a multi-hyphenated word like that? Or was that a special case because of the specialized nature of the fantasy item/words?)

karl_k0ch
05-03-2011, 10:34 AM
(Gotcha. Hmm, on the "Stufe-3-Grünstahl-Rezepte" is it very common to have a multi-hyphenated word like that? Or was that a special case because of the specialized nature of the fantasy item/words?)

In German, you have often composed nouns, such as "Kuchenrezept", (cake recipe). Since it is a recipe for cake, the Kuchen is used to describe the Rezept further. If you wanted to refer to a book which contains cake recipes, you'd say Kuchenrezeptbuch. You can play this game quite a bit, cf. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rinderkennzeichnungs-_und_Rindfleischetikettierungs%C3%BCberwachungsauf gaben%C3%BCbertragungsgesetz

See also here (http://www.canoo.net/services/GermanSpelling/Regeln/Getrennt-zusammen/Nomen.html), for some rules for composing nouns and other words.

So I could have written "Grünstahlrezepte" but with the "Stufe 3*", another rule kicks in: If you do a composition with numbers, you use hyphens. Cf. here (http://www.canoo.net/services/GermanSpelling/Regeln/Bindestrich/Einzelzeichen.html#Anchor-Zusammensetzungen-33869).

So, we end up with "Stufe-3-Grünstahl-Rezepte". And note that "Stufe-3-Grünstahlrezepte" would be also wrong, since if you use one hyphen to compose a part of a word, you'll have to use hyphens all the way. Cf. here (http://www.canoo.net/services/GermanSpelling/Regeln/Bindestrich/Hervorhebung.html#Anchor-Der-35326).

And even if we hadn't had a number in the word to be built, there is another rule which allows the composition of nouns with hyphens: When proper nouns are involved, e.g. both Sachertorte and Sacher-Torte are ok, but "Sacher Torte" is not. (In this case I'd regard Greensteel as a proper noun.)

*Usually you use the number word and not the number for small numbers, I picked the 3 for the sake of brevity, in favor of "Stufe drei".