PDA

View Full Version : will i lose bonus TP when i create a new character?

manmad91
05-02-2011, 10:50 AM
The first character you play will get more TP than your 2nd and 3rd etc.... but i am right now a lvl 3 sorcerer, and didnt like the way i build him... so wanted to try over and make a new account, but will this mean i will lose those bonus TP?

Doomcrew
05-02-2011, 10:52 AM
You could just delete the character and create a new one on the same account .....

This would maintain your current TP's

learst
05-02-2011, 10:52 AM
No. Your TP are credited to your DDO account and will remain there until you spend it. Additional characters you roll in the servers will still give you TP every 100 favour, but you will not get any bonus TPs.

Actually, what some folks do for TP farming is to roll up one new character on each server to take advantage of the bonus TP.

Edit: Sorry, didn't read your OP properly. Why delete your account? Just delete your character and create a new one.

GotSomeQuestions
05-02-2011, 10:56 AM
The bonus TP for first time favor rewards do not have to be earned on your first character.

For example, lets say you start a character on a server, and earn 5 favor. You get the first timer reward. Then you delete that character and reroll.

Your second character gets to 5 favor, but does not get the first time reward. However, they get to 100 favor, earning the various first time rewards along the way. Then you decide to re-roll this character as well.

Your next character gets to 100 favor, but earns only the normal "every-100-favor" reward in TP. But if you continue to play, you can still get further first-time rewards, just not the ones you have already earned on that server.

Iwinbyrollup
05-02-2011, 10:58 AM
I think I understand what you're asking. The first time rewards aren't tied to your first character, they're tied to the first time reaching a particular benchmark. In other words, the first time a character on your account reaches 50 favor, you get a bonus of 25 TP. But it doesn't have to be your first character, it just has to be the first time any of your characters reaches that amount.

game5551
05-02-2011, 10:59 AM
You get bonus TP for reaching certain favor thresholds on a server for the first time, this does not have to come from the first toon you create. For example, you could create a character, gain the 5 favor bonus, then create a new character. You would not gain the 5 favor bonus with that new character (one time only bonus), but you still would gain the 25 favor bonus. Note that this is per server, and every toon gains tp from certain favor amounts.

I'll look for a post of the favor levels.

TP is given to your account, so is not lost when you delete a character

Edit: From DDO Wiki -

Earning Turbine Points

You gain 25 Turbine Points for each full 100 Favor gained by every character you ever make. Each character is tracked separately. Deleting a character does not erase the TP he or she earned.

Special Rewards
You gain bonus Turbine Points the very first time you reach certain total Favor thresholds on each server. You can gain each bonus only once per server. [...]
Favor - Bonus TP
5 - 50
25 - 25
50 - 25
500 - 50
1,000 - 100
2,000 - 100
3,000 - 100

manmad91
05-02-2011, 01:12 PM
sorry i know my question was a little bid wierd :p but you guys answered it correctly!! thanks alot ;)