PDA

View Full Version : Monk Looking for Human, 28 pt. light monk build.

Beton_Kirche
05-02-2011, 07:54 AM
Hi all, how's everyone doing on this fine Monday? So, as the title says, I'm looking for a human monk, 28 point build. I mainly plan on running solo with him, and I like the idea of self heals and self sufficiency, so I'm guessing that the light path is the way to go? I've checked out a bunch of monk builds, but a lot of them seem to focus on halfling. The other ones that I saw were strength based, half-orc builds. I've also seen some warforged builds. But I really prefer the human look for monk. I don't need any raid/end-game builds, as I'm probably going to TR him once I hit 20. Any info that you guys/gals can provide would be greatly appreciated.

edgarallanpoe
05-02-2011, 08:17 AM
28 points makes for a tough monk build. That is why so many people choose a race that has a bonus in a useful monk stat. That being said, the Human Monk is all about versatility and has enhancements that make up for the stat deficit. Here is what I would do...

Str 14
Dex 14
Con 14
Wis 14
Int 8
Char 8

This leaves you with 4 points to place in the stat of your choosing. You can either take one of them up to 16 or take 2 up to 15. Remember that the TWF chain requires a high dex and is essential to playing a good Monk. IIRC it requires a 17 Dex for greater TWF.

Are you planning on using any tomes?

elujin
05-02-2011, 08:35 AM
its indeed a though build mebey you could try a finness build with good ac and stunning fists and ligh finishers for healing

same as above (could opt for 13 str needed for power attack ) level ups in dex mebey lower can to 12 and add to wis (12 would be fine for none raiding)

(halfling could be a better option here but the sneak attack doesn't help mutch solo while healing amp will)

unbongwah
05-02-2011, 09:57 AM
Do you have access to any tomes? That will affect any build suggestions you get.

Beton_Kirche
05-02-2011, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the replies all. To answer your questions, I'm open to using tomes if needed. Additionally, if a 32 point build will offer a fairly significant advantage, then I'd be willing to purchase the 32 point build option as well.

edgarallanpoe
05-02-2011, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the replies all. To answer your questions, I'm open to using tomes if needed. Additionally, if a 32 point build will offer a fairly significant advantage, then I'd be willing to purchase the 32 point build option as well.

32 point would be absolutely better, no question. The combination of 32 point along with the +2 tome would give you massive benefits IMHO.

RobinofSpiritwood
05-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Tihocan's Dark Monk human build is worth looking at
http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=2815593&postcount=36

All you need to do is swop out the Dark Monk preq for your flavor of Light. The basic feat structure and stats should be the same. You can skip out Dodge if you like, and will need to reset some of the enhancements towards Heal Amp, Toughness and different attacks. As a 28 point human build, this is a good one, allowing you to develop the TWF chain and all major combat based feats.