PDA

View Full Version : Free item code - Not working?

Zess-wolf
04-30-2011, 02:40 PM
"Coupon is not yet effective. Try again later" Thats what it says, so...when is going to be working? :3

Thanks ^^

somenewnoob
04-30-2011, 02:40 PM
I thought it starts tomorrow?

May.

nolaureltree000
04-30-2011, 02:43 PM
it hasnt started yet. it starts may 2nd or something.

Zess-wolf
04-30-2011, 02:47 PM
Well...they said they would release when the thing started...but i guess its correct...may :p apologies

Hokiewa
04-30-2011, 02:55 PM
Tomorrow i.e. 5/1 for those in different time zonies

Lithic
04-30-2011, 03:01 PM
"Coupon is not yet effective. Try again later" Thats what it says, so...when is going to be working? :3

Thanks ^^

The twitter thing even says "Sunday's free item is...". Is today sunday? ;)

Cleanincubus
04-30-2011, 03:09 PM
The twitter thing even says "Sunday's free item is...". Is today sunday? ;)

It is in Japan, Russia, Australia, New Zealand, Korea, China, Bangladesh, India, Philippines, Pakistan, Thailand, & Kazakhstan :D (Among other places)

bkasavan
04-30-2011, 03:31 PM
Tomorrow i.e. 5/1 for those in different time zonies

Were do we get these free item codes?

TheDearLeader
04-30-2011, 03:31 PM
Were do we get these free item codes?

Mmm yes... also color me curious.

Is this some of that Facespace/Tweeter stuff?

khaldan
04-30-2011, 03:34 PM

Yup, this is from twitter. Here (http://twitter.com/#!/ddostore) is where you can look at it, if you don't have a twitter account.

Teech
04-30-2011, 03:39 PM

FREE! A New Free Item In The DDO Store Each Day In May! Sunday's gift? Elixir of Angel's Tears with coupon code qamu3hus (http://twitter.com/#!/ddostore)

Battery
04-30-2011, 04:12 PM
the tweet is misleading, it starts sunday at midnight so sunday's item is actually monday

Shanadeus
04-30-2011, 04:17 PM
I presume that they're using GMT+7 or so.

RitzBlitz
04-30-2011, 09:19 PM
Timezone would be Eastern Time, currently [GMT -4]

FastTaco
05-01-2011, 01:18 AM
I just used the free coupon, but really... 1 healing potion?

I hope the prizes get better, that's kinda like someone giving you a penny... uh ty?

wemery73
05-01-2011, 09:10 AM
worked for me?

RitzBlitz
05-01-2011, 12:07 PM
Free item from the twitter promo (http://twitter.com/#%21/ddostore) cannot be redeemed if the TP balance in the account is less than the base price of the item .

http://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_ynnPS9iPm24/Tb2STMS4vLI/AAAAAAAAA0A/U49FJdolkvQ/s0/NoFreeItem.JPG

Fix this please :mad:

Hendrik
05-01-2011, 01:42 PM

I hope the prizes get better, that's kinda like someone giving you a penny... uh ty?

Complain when someone gives you a present huh?

Class.

cdemeritt
05-01-2011, 01:50 PM
It is in Japan, Russia, Australia, New Zealand, Korea, China, Bangladesh, India, Philippines, Pakistan, Thailand, & Kazakhstan :D (Among other places)

Maybe so, But they use USA: Easter Standard Time. (GMT -4) just for future reference. This is where Turbine is HQ'd, and where the servers are located. All sales, Downtime, times are, so far, based off this.

It I think would be helpful if Turbine where to institute a ingame time based on this, So overseas players don't have to figure out what time it is here.

cdemeritt
05-01-2011, 02:08 PM

Sorry, I don't expect they will.. do you really think they are going to give away big ticket non-consumables?

While I'm in the need for Astral Diamonds to upgrade my guild airship, I don't expect to see them because, People like me will want the better ship bad enough to buy them.

Don't Expect to see Adventure packs, Races, Classes, Shared Banking, Vet Status, 32pt builds, or other account options....

It is unlikely we will see XP pots, Tomes, Armor kits, Bags of holding (large or Huge), reincarnation (maybe a lesser, but not more), and such.

It is most likely we will see more healing pots, SP pots, maybe a loot gem, hireling contracts, seasonal items, and other lower end consumable items... that ca easily be found ingame if you are looking.

Why: First this isn't a contest, it's a give-a-way. So why give-a-way the best stuff. In most give-a-ways, the point is to freely give stuff... However, Turbine, isn't giving this stuff away for the point of doing good, they are, underlining purpose, using it for PR. (and probably much like most retail stores, loss leaders). In the Real world, A store that does something like this Never (or at least Extremely rarely ) puts their best sellers in the give-a-way pile... the slow sellers are what get given away.

If I'm wrong, be happy. Hoping I'm wrong is likely to bring you disappointment.

FastTaco
05-01-2011, 03:56 PM
snip

I agree they won't give away anything good. I'm just saying giving away 25-50 of these pots wouldn't be a complete joke.

Oh and btw, 50 TP for a single potion turbine, really.. REALLY?! 25 potions for 750 TP?! What are you smoking turbine... thats 25 potions for rougly $7.50, NOT gonna happen. Turbine, please seriously reconsider your prices on many consumables, thank you.

Templarion
05-01-2011, 04:08 PM
Complain when someone gives you a present huh?

Class.

This is not a present. This is like... "Hey, I have a great present for you! You are going to get ... a penny! Have fun, mate! Go buy a lollipop or something with it. Oh, you cannot get even a lollipop with that? Oh, well. You can keep it anyway. It's a present!"

I feel this is a cruel joke or funny sarcasm.

SirValentine
05-01-2011, 04:17 PM
Maybe so, But they use USA: Easter Standard Time. (GMT -4) just for future reference. This is where Turbine is HQ'd, and where the servers are located. All sales, Downtime, times are, so far, based off this.

Note that though Turbine's HQ is currently on GMT-4, that is NOT Eastern Standard Time. Eastern Standard Time is GMT-5. GMT-4 in this case is Eastern DAYLIGHT Time.

FastTaco
05-02-2011, 02:14 PM

Neg repped for this, I apologize for not being cheerful. Next time someone gives me a penny I will pretend to be happy, ok?