PDA

View Full Version : How to overcome this

blackdrowarcanenuts
04-29-2011, 03:29 AM
Hi for the past few days am getting lagged too much just 2 steps in any area whether its a quest of mp or any houses my toon gets lagged for 1 minute the movement becomes slow rather say slow motion and after full one minute it goes normal then again 2 or 3 steps same thing how to overcome this problem am very much frustrated over this cant do quests properly and peeps thinks am piking never piked in my whole 5 years of gaming my internet speed is good there are no back grounds running but still why this thing is happening does anyone also getting like this need suggestions and help thanks:)

ImFour20
04-29-2011, 03:47 AM
maybe defrag or reinstall?

if that doesn't help it might be the internet(possibly try running a trace route)

Nysrock
04-29-2011, 04:06 AM
Hi for the past few days am getting lagged too much just 2 steps in any area whether its a quest of mp or any houses my toon gets lagged for 1 minute the movement becomes slow rather say slow motion and after full one minute it goes normal then again 2 or 3 steps same thing how to overcome this problem am very much frustrated over this cant do quests properly and peeps thinks am piking never piked in my whole 5 years of gaming my internet speed is good there are no back grounds running but still why this thing is happening does anyone also getting like this need suggestions and help thanks:)

LOL....reminds me of the Gnomes talking in the Dragonlance series. :D

Try unplugging your modem and/or router for a few minutes and then plug them back in. That seems to help them refresh for me. Also, have you changed any graphics options lately? I would look at your settings and see if something got changed. Beyond that it may be your video card if on the fritz.

AMDarkwolf
04-29-2011, 04:09 AM
if you haven't for a while, check for spyware and such.

A good solid load of spyware CAN and WILL bog u down.

And also check internet like the above have said(google a good internet speed test, and check your speed between your location and California)

I doubt its a gpx issue, because if it was you would experience glitchy visuals, but it would not make you rubber band.

MalkavianX
04-29-2011, 04:33 AM
You could also try turning your video settings down.

Step 1
Go to your options screen (ctrl+o) click on the "Graphics" button on the side of the panel. Right at the top it will say "Detect Optimal Settings" and there will be a little box to the right. Click that little box.

Step 2
If that still doesn't cure your problem click on "Adv Graphics". There are quite a few settings here you can play with, but I would start by turning down "Texture Detail". It'll make the game look crappy, but you'll run a lot more smoothly. Remember, only turn down the settings under "Adv Graphics" if Step 1 doesn't work. Don't worry about messing the settings up, there's a button at the bottom of the Options panel "Default" that will return all your settings back to, well, default settings.

Hope it helps.

Silverwren
04-29-2011, 08:22 AM
I was experiencing the same problem. I solved it buy buying a new video card, something to replace the one built into my motherboard. You can get very good video cards at very affordable prices (I purchased a brand new Zotac nVidia Geforce 9500 GT for around $80 on Ebay. Prices are similar on Amazon).

After I installed the new card my load times dropped and I experience only a slight pause now and again (more RAM will rectify that), plus my game play is richly enhanced. I actually get a reflection out of mirrors now, which is wicked cool!

Be sure to do your homework if you go this route. Video cards today have different interfaces to match up with different motherboards. My motherboard required a PCI Express interface. Yours may be different so take the time to find out.

sebastianosmith
04-29-2011, 08:35 AM
I'm going with the other posters in saying it's probably your video card with an additional issue arising from your hard drive. It sounds an awful lot like your problem is in texture loading when entering a new zone. Did you originally install or recently re-install the game with the "high texture" option? Try MalkavianX suggestion first as it costs nothing to implement. If you see any improvement afterwards, you more than likely have maxed the RAM capacity of your video card and the game is having to swap textures from the HD far too often. You can also try defragging your HD which may improve load times.

Tom318
04-29-2011, 09:12 AM

This happened to me too all of a sudden it just lags for a while must be update 9 because it never happened before then you can try turning on triple buffering in the adv graphics section of the options but you need a display card with a lot of memory mine is 256MB I think and it helps make everything smoother but after update 9 it lags for a minute once in a while someone said after an update it always behaves like that so I'm ok with that and will wait to see it improves

blackdrowarcanenuts
04-29-2011, 09:14 AM
I'm going with the other posters in saying it's probably your video card with an additional issue arising from your hard drive. It sounds an awful lot like your problem is in texture loading when entering a new zone. Did you originally install or recently re-install the game with the "high texture" option? Try MalkavianX suggestion first as it costs nothing to implement. If you see any improvement afterwards, you more than likely have maxed the RAM capacity of your video card and the game is having to swap textures from the HD far too often. You can also try defragging your HD which may improve load times.

i did this

1. clicked on detect optimal settings

2. texture detail very low

and nothing happened its same lag

i got my computer formatted about 4 months back then reinstalled the whole game and my ram is 1gb with this ram i had no problem but for the past 3 days am getting lagged and lagged how do i check for my video card which is installed

vVAnjilaVv
04-29-2011, 09:29 AM
You could possibly have a security leak......clean the heck out of your computer.....you could format your computer today and have problems tomorrow depending on where you have been surfing and what you have been doing. Especially in this day and age...4 months ago might as well be 4 years ago.

Not pointing fingers...just saying.......there is so so so much that needs to be done to keep a comp running in tip-top shape....and it generally needs to be done regularly with how fast the turn-around is on the net.

You may already do all this...just pointing it out if you don't. If you're on a remote computer using wireless.....make sure your WPA is activated and you changed the name of your SSID on your router to so no-one can use your bandwidth.

Do everything you can to make it hard on a hacker......your common hacker is more prone to go after easy prey.

I can assure you it's not serverside.....I have not had problem with lag and DDO since I actually got off my virtual duff and started learning more about computers.

If you are some tech-genius I apologize for insulting your intelligence with my reply :p

blackdrowarcanenuts
04-29-2011, 09:46 AM
You could possibly have a security leak......clean the heck out of your computer.....you could format your computer today and have problems tomorrow depending on where you have been surfing and what you have been doing. Especially in this day and age...4 months ago might as well be 4 years ago.

Not pointing fingers...just saying.......there is so so so much that needs to be done to keep a comp running in tip-top shape....and it generally needs to be done regularly with how fast the turn-around is on the net.

You may already do all this...just pointing it out if you don't. If you're on a remote computer using wireless.....make sure your WPA is activated and you changed the name of your SSID on your router to so no-one can use your bandwidth.

Do everything you can to make it hard on a hacker......your common hacker is more prone to go after easy prey.

I can assure you it's not serverside.....I have not had problem with lag and DDO since I actually got off my virtual duff and started learning more about computers.

If you are some tech-genius I apologize for insulting your intelligence with my reply :p

well i have computer institute, gaming zone and internet cafe i regularly check my computers and update them mine is on main server i have modem connected to landline number and i always turn off my wireless is turning off wireless is creating problem? i turned it off as i have 5 houses who have laptops wireless enabled in them so its easy for them to catch up the internet i got that problem solved

tihocan
04-29-2011, 10:21 AM
1 Gb RAM is not enough for DDO. Memory requirements keep increasing each new update, maybe you reached the point where it's really bogging you down.

Cleanincubus
04-29-2011, 10:45 AM
1 Gb RAM is not enough for DDO. Memory requirements keep increasing each new update, maybe you reached the point where it's really bogging you down.

+1 But if you have the hard drive space, you can increase the virtual memory to 1.5 to 3 times your existing RAM. So 1.5GB to 3GB of virtual memory. I also only have 1GB of RAM on this old computer. I'd constantly freeze at loading screens, and lag when I zoned in to an area. But then I set my virtual memory to a min of 2GB and a max of 3GB. That has fixed the majority of the problems, but I still lag occasionally and it still take a bit at the loading screen. It certainly does help though.

blackdrowarcanenuts
04-29-2011, 12:18 PM
+1 But if you have the hard drive space, you can increase the virtual memory to 1.5 to 3 times your existing RAM. So 1.5GB to 3GB of virtual memory. I also only have 1GB of RAM on this old computer. I'd constantly freeze at loading screens, and lag when I zoned in to an area. But then I set my virtual memory to a min of 2GB and a max of 3GB. That has fixed the majority of the problems, but I still lag occasionally and it still take a bit at the loading screen. It certainly does help though.

how i increase my virtual memory

vVAnjilaVv
04-29-2011, 01:35 PM
OMG...I didn't even notice you only had 1GB RAM.....that's bad...yes it meets the minimum requirements of the game, but only if you want to get a poor amount of performance.

I switched my comp from 1GB to 4GB and it made a huge difference.

I still say try cleaning ur computer...both the software and hardware.

When I was installing my new memory cards....OMG......Dust City!!!!!!

Cleanincubus
04-30-2011, 10:48 AM
how i increase my virtual memory
For XP : http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/sysdm_advancd_perform_change_vmpagefile.mspx?mfr=t rue
For Vista : http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Change-the-size-of-virtual-memory
For Windows 7 : http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Change-the-size-of-virtual-memory

Ashurr
04-30-2011, 12:17 PM
LOL....reminds me of the Gnomes talking in the Dragonlance series. :D

thekeytoafastconnectionandultimatepowerisuponskimb osheveryonesaysitsoneskimboshandItendtobelievewhat everpeopleingroupssay.