PDA

View Full Version : Kensei 3 TWF good?

lolzbasket
04-28-2011, 10:38 PM
So i quit about a year ago, and just came back this last week. One of the classes that seemed most fun to me was a simple, dual wielding khopesh human or warforged pure fighter. But this makes me have some questions about the class/build idea as a whole.

1a. What is the fighter capstone?
1b. Is the capstone good for a generic, twf khopesh user?

2. What race would be better? Human for feats/perks, WF for power attack enhancements? Personal preference? (I could do H-orc, but prefer not to).

3. Would it do effective endgame dps, comparable to an 18/2 split build, or whatever FotM hybrid is the newest rage? (I'm not current on what is the best at the moment).

Pretty much the big questions right there, an informative response would be cool (and a strong build if you happen to know of one or play one).

khaldan
04-28-2011, 10:43 PM
1a. 10% doublestrike, meaning that your main hand has a 10% chance per attack to get a second attack.

1b. The capstone is nice, and a decent dps boost, but better for THF. That's not to say it's not good for TWF, because it is, but the benefit is slightly less.

2. Half orc is nice for +2 str/PA enhancements, Human does get the extra feat, but you don't need that too much on a fighter build. I'd go half-orc, but anything works.

3. 20 fighter isn't bad, but a build you may prefer is The Blitz Build (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=264744), a 12/6/2 fighter/barbarian/rogue TWF khopesh machine of death. It's not a build I've played, but it's a build I've seen, and it's quite impressive in action.

lolzbasket
04-29-2011, 09:47 AM
That looks quite brutal, thanks for the response. May very well end up rolling one of those up later. Anybody else have a different build for me to look at? I appreciate any responses :D