PDA

View Full Version : Monks and Robes

Ranger-Lord
04-28-2011, 06:07 PM
Yesterday I created a monk character, to experiment with other classes. I'm ambivalent to say... I'm having more fun doing quests with my monk than I am with my original Deepwood Sniper (if we want to get appropriately zen about this: with a monk it's like flowing through a quest; with a ranger it's like working against a quest).

Brings us to the question: as a monk, is my character suffering any unseen penalties by wearing "robe of axeblock", or am I reading "Monks stay away from armor" way too literally?

Antheal
04-28-2011, 06:12 PM
It depends.

"What" of axeblock is it that you're wearing?

Your answer will be in the first word.

Ranger-Lord
04-28-2011, 06:15 PM
It's a robe, but is described as armor.

Narmolanya
04-28-2011, 06:17 PM
Robes and outfits are fine for monks. Any other effect on the item is irrelevant. They are classified as cloth armor which may be confusing you.

sebastianosmith
04-28-2011, 06:26 PM
Yesterday I created a monk character, to experiment with other classes. I'm ambivalent to say... I'm having more fun doing quests with my monk than I am with my original Deepwood Sniper (if we want to get appropriately zen about this: with a monk it's like flowing through a quest; with a ranger it's like working against a quest).

Brings us to the question: as a monk, is my character suffering any unseen penalties by wearing "robe of axeblock", or am I reading "Monks stay away from armor" way too literally?

Monks are a hoot to play. They can wear any rob or outfit and stay "centered" which means they get an AC bonus from wis and dex starting at level 2. Never, ever, really don't wear any type of light, medium or heavy armor.

Jubbers
04-28-2011, 06:26 PM
best low level monk robes have the invuln feature on them I normally ware them till level 10 or so.

Robes and outfits are labled as armor as they take that slot on a character, but they are not considered armor for dropping you out of stance/center.

Ranger-Lord
04-28-2011, 07:24 PM
Well that's good news, people. These robes look damn good on him.