DEX 16
INT 16
WIS 10
CON 14
CHA 8

FEATS:
Toughness
Rapid Reload

So... Aside from the semi-gimpiness of being strapped to suffering unstable DPS until I hit level 6...
My Guildies gave me a +2 Crossbow so at least that aleviates the pain a bit.

Any reccomendations on what Trap to get Focus on as all of them seem pretty important.

Meetch1972
04-27-2011, 12:11 AM
Any reccomendations on what Trap to get Focus on as all of them seem pretty important.

IMHO, they aren't. I just took the one needed because you have to take one as a prereq for other stuff. Maybe electricity - minor mitigation of risk for the ouchiest bit of VON 5.

tihocan
04-27-2011, 08:36 AM
You can also check the Mechanic in this thread (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=232660).

chodelord
04-27-2011, 08:47 AM
8 str is problematic unless you are absolutely sure you can drop a +2 tome

Heavy xbows weigh a lot and if you are burdened you cant use evasion.

To do mechanic right you will need to carry 8-12 xbows to use situationally

as for the early dps thing, take repeating heavy xbow as your level 3 feat

then at level 12 switch it for toughness

there are two xbow builds post u9 I see both of which are sweet

1. pure rogue for the best sneak damage

2. 13 rogue 6 ranger 1 ? (i like barbarian for run speed)

mech 2, deepwood sniper 1

new deepwood sniper increases your sneak attack range and ranger 6 has a lot of goodies
you lose a bunch of sneak damage and a couple of skill mastery special feats but I think overall the gains are worth it

for example you can get sneak damage on harry in shroud 4 while being out of meteor swarm range

as far as I can see the optimal race is halfling for the enhancements and +1 hit

JeremiahLoh
04-27-2011, 08:54 AM
I guess I could just take it as a feat anyway. With proper planning I'd do fine with just the Coupon right since I've pretty much certified my feats to take... :X (The Feat Coupon is per Character right?)

Well I went for 16 INT initially so i can net some more bonus damage. I could reroll or just struggle with it right now. If I dropped it to 14 INT and getting 12 STR?

I'm going Pure Rogue. I'm planning to be the Trap Monkey and to well do some hopefully decent Damage with the repeaters.

I thought Halflings only gained that bonuses with Thrown Weapons though...