PDA

View Full Version : [Petition] bring back Crystal Cove again

IanYang
04-26-2011, 09:27 AM
Unlike other events, Crystal Cove has its unique meaning: the 5th anniversary event of DDO. Since it has such unique meaning, bringing it back again for players who still need it is pretty reasonable.

I didn't craft a certain gears from this event because I thought I won't use those gears. But I recently realized that those gears are useful in some aspects.

Please bring it back again.

Musouka
04-26-2011, 11:38 AM
I didn't craft a certain gears from this event because I thought I won't use those gears. But I recently realized that those gears are useful in some aspects.

Seems like you made a bad decision, and seem to know you made a bad decision. Just because you chose not to participate, should never constitute them bringing back an event like this. I do agree it should come back, but I don't agree that it should be anytime soon or just because you made the mistake in not taking advantage of the event crafting.

Also, you talk about need. I'm sure plenty of people were doing just fine before these items were released. So I don't see where you get a 'need' from the items.

bryanmeerkat
04-26-2011, 11:41 AM
I asume and hope it will be rolled out every year to celebrate the anniversary .

MatrimDaved
04-26-2011, 11:56 AM
I loved the event and crafted what Items I had time to run for. (I didn't do anything else when it was running)
While there are lots of things I would like to upgrade or craft for my main and alts, I think they should only bring it out two to three weeks a year to celebrate the anniversary.

Spoprockel
04-26-2011, 12:00 PM
Aye, bring it back... for the 10 year anniversary ;)

AcesWylde
04-26-2011, 12:04 PM
I missed most of the even due to the birth of my new baby boy, so while I too would like to see a return of the event so we can get some more crafting in, I can also see the need to keep the event special and unique, otherwise it loses it's appeal.

I vote they bring it back in celebration of introducing kobolds as player characters!

elujin
04-26-2011, 12:04 PM
nah leave it for a few i enjoyed it alot but give it some time :)

SynalonEtuul
04-26-2011, 12:05 PM
Not again. It's already been twice. Maybe in, like, a year.

cdemeritt
04-26-2011, 12:05 PM
While I enjoyed the event, and glad to have the gear.... And I realized recently I forgot to make a few things for some alts... and didn't buy enough Air Elemental gems...

/not signed for the next 3-6 months.

I hope it comes back in the future, but not again too soon... It was fun, but I was happy to see it go.

teh_meh
04-26-2011, 12:09 PM
/not signed

It arrived on the 5th anniversary. And they brought it back shortly after for another 10 days, for those who might have missed it for whatever reason the first time.

Now go DIAF CC.

Teech
04-26-2011, 12:10 PM
I missed most of the even due to the birth of my new baby boy, so while I too would like to see a return of the event so we can get some more crafting in, I can also see the need to keep the event special and unique, otherwise it loses it's appeal.

I vote they bring it back in celebration of introducing kobolds as player characters!

I vote they bring it back in celebration of your new baby boy!

Congrats!! :D

twix
04-26-2011, 12:10 PM
I liked it but would prefer other events that are original and as fun as CC not the same one again..

/notsigned

IanYang
04-26-2011, 12:14 PM
Seems like you made a bad decision, and seem to know you made a bad decision. Just because you chose not to participate, should never constitute them bringing back an event like this. I do agree it should come back, but I don't agree that it should be anytime soon or just because you made the mistake in not taking advantage of the event crafting.

Also, you talk about need. I'm sure plenty of people were doing just fine before these items were released. So I don't see where you get a 'need' from the items.
I did participate and crafted two items. But recently I realized I should have crafted more.

somenewnoob
04-26-2011, 12:20 PM
I think they should just make it part of 3BC. As one of the "challenge" quests. Just leave it in permanently and change the mechanic to open the quest. That way you can upgrade your items at your leisure instead of running it 800,000 times in one week. Because that gets old about run 765,491. I found myself screaming "really, really, another one?" every time I was about to go back in.

FynWarFyn
04-26-2011, 11:04 PM
It should not come back again so soon as an event. There was that feeling of such a rush because the event was coming to an end soon. As for being part of 3BC, well only if you have to find all those maps pieces yourself or divided evenly among your group in addition to the compass, that will put a damper on how many times you want to grind thru the map pieces search, hehe. If it actually becomes too easy to get the maps, then make it also only repeatable once every two weeks. The fun of CC is in not having everything the first few hundred times thru.

macubrae
04-27-2011, 09:18 AM
After a few pitiful PUGs, I started soloing it. I never got 200, but I hit 160 at level. I'm looking forward to it coming back, but not any time soon. As leader of my guild, I felt like I was neglecting it for a week.

Erekose
04-27-2011, 09:22 AM
No

Erek

Cauthey
04-27-2011, 09:25 AM
<3 the gear! Suffer the grind! Need more pieces for teh alts!

/signed.

BoBo2020
04-27-2011, 09:27 AM
/signed - It's an enjoyable and unique quest with decent xp that can be run anywhere from levels 1 to 20 with varying degrees of challenge. I would enjoy running it even without Euphonia's trade box.

Templarion
04-27-2011, 09:27 AM
/not signed

Bring it back again at 10th anniversary. With different uber loot.

Sarisa
04-27-2011, 09:29 AM
While I have a few things I could use or upgrade (I didn't realize the value of the Smallblade until recently), it needs some time away. I would not expect it to appear until at least mid Summer.

yawumpus
04-27-2011, 09:45 AM

After multiple denials and general burnout from running that quest way too many times, I didn't upgrade the ring of the buccaneer. This is doubly annoying in that it jumped out at me as the original description (now available at your local stone of change) made it must have.

I know, I've been here long enough that I shouldn't believe *anything* turbine says, but still would like an epic ring of the buccaneer (T3). Maybe not anytime soon, but hopefully before a full year is out.

Also leaving a place for a cloak of night on most toons, even if it doesn't come back before Halloween.