PDA

View Full Version : Selling Gems: Can I please finally get my ARE YOU SURE prompt?

Zaal
04-23-2011, 08:42 AM
Devs,
I know you have a lot on your plate but I've once again sold my gems accidentally...

For the love of all things mercantile, can I please get an ARE YOU SURE prompt??

katz
04-23-2011, 08:47 AM
...that you can turn off if you *don't* want it?

Antheal
04-23-2011, 08:51 AM
Why don't you just NOT click the "sell gems" button?

We don't need more easy buttons in this game. ;)

(You just KNOW someone will moan about how userfriendly = EASYBUTTON!!1!)

AMDarkwolf
04-23-2011, 08:51 AM
Curious, why do u not want to sell them?

Do they have any use?

Lithic
04-23-2011, 08:55 AM
Do what I do. I have a large gem bag on all characters and a huge one on Star. When the bags are full, I ship them via the shared bank and empty them out. The huge bag stays in the bank, so it can never be sold by mistake. Replace the huge with a couple large bags if you dont wish to get one.

Zaal
04-23-2011, 08:59 AM
Never really had a reason to sell.

However I understand with the new crafting system around the corner, gems will play a part the recipies.

Regards the "easy button", um, what could be more easy than clicking a button to sell it all? One might make the argument then that the easy button is already in place. but really, not here to argue regards easy or not.

Perhaps you prefer being able to drag items out of your inventory that get destroyed without a prompt... your right i suppose...

NinjaNeed
04-23-2011, 09:15 AM
No.

It means more hassle and time taken by the vast majority of players who do sell their gems all the time.

Gems have NO use that I know of in the game other than taking up an inventory space so having a simple way to get rid of them quick and move on to the next quest is great. Why keep them anyway??

Spoonman457
04-23-2011, 09:28 AM
from what I saw on Lam gems are not currently used in the crafting system, but collectibles are, those prayer beads the kobalds drop are finally going to be useful, at levels 10-20. (required for some crafting recipes that requires level 30 devine crafting)

jwdaniels
04-23-2011, 09:29 AM
If you just click the little padlock symbol, you can make your gems unsellable.

Zaal
04-23-2011, 09:39 AM
As if the new crafting system, future crafting systems?

Or, think festival twigs...

Speaking as a developer, adding an ARE YOU SURE button aint no biggie... and although it really doesn't matter, just added a few to a web appr recently. Of course ASP.NET app vs DDO isn't quite the same beast.

Zaal
04-23-2011, 09:39 AM
If you just click the little padlock symbol, you can make your gems unsellable.

??

Zaal
04-23-2011, 09:41 AM
No.

It means more hassle and time taken by the vast majority of players who do sell their gems all the time.

And if devs provide a clickie option regards the prompt with a default of NO PROMPT, it will mean absolutely NO hassle to the vast majority of players

Uska
04-23-2011, 10:08 AM
why would you not want to sell your gems:confused:

jwdaniels
04-23-2011, 10:16 AM
??

The junk trash icon and the padlock do not sell or destroy icon on the bottom right under your bag listing - if you click the padlock with something highlighted it can't be mailed, traded, destroyed or sold.

Aaxeyu
04-23-2011, 10:17 AM
why would you not want to sell your gems:confused:

Because they are shiny!

Thaxlsillyia
04-23-2011, 10:21 AM
??

there are 2 icons just below your your inventory space (think its below the bottom right corner of the inventory slots) - lock and junk. lock ensures the item will not be sold accidentally and will not appear on the selling list. mark an item as trash and select sell trash option at the vendor to sell them all in one click. think you can lock and then drop stuff in bags too. not confirmed yet.

Zaal
04-23-2011, 10:22 AM
The junk trash icon and the padlock do not sell or destroy icon on the bottom right under your bag listing - if you click the padlock with something highlighted it can't be mailed, traded, destroyed or sold.

kinda confused on that one... the padlock prevents you from selling the bag... not the content.... you'd need to padlock every gem individually to prevent them from be sold... or am i missing something?

jwdaniels
04-23-2011, 10:34 AM
kinda confused on that one... the padlock prevents you from selling the bag... not the content.... you'd need to padlock every gem individually to prevent them from be sold... or am i missing something?

Yes, you'd need to lock them each individually, but quite honestly it seems more reasonable to have you lock them each then have the rest of us okay selling them every time. Also, if you have a locked sapphire and pick up another sapphire it will join the locked stack.

Maybe a mechanic where all of the contents of a bag are locked and unlocked with the bag might be useful?