PDA

View Full Version : Deconstructing in taverns

Algulcz
04-23-2011, 07:53 AM
Please make item deconstruction available in every tavern. All of my characters have 5 inventory bags and all of them are usually almost full. Right now I don't even pick clothing or jewelry from chest because their base price is too low for me to carry them. Now I will be able to use them in deconstruction but at the same time, going to crafting hall after every quest is huge PITA. Mailing everything to crafting mule is not good solution either. I think that item deconstruction in every tavern is not unreasonable.

Lithic
04-23-2011, 07:58 AM
At least theres a teleport location to the deconstruction place right? Maybe it would be more reasonable to ask for a place to sell/repair and heal up in the crafting hall?

Trillea
04-23-2011, 09:30 AM
At least theres a teleport location to the deconstruction place right? Maybe it would be more reasonable to ask for a place to sell/repair and heal up in the crafting hall?

I support this statement. A bar with a spirit binder would be an awesome addition to the crafting hall.

LordArkan
04-23-2011, 09:36 AM
...Isn't the crafting hall like 50 feet away from the house K tavern?

Trillea
04-23-2011, 09:38 AM

That's 45 feet further than I want to go. With the amount of grind that it's gonna take to level a crafting character they should at least make the crafting hall comfortable.

kyleann
04-23-2011, 11:05 AM

Right, but by the time I walk that far I might have lost my buzz. I create the best weapons when I'm +6 In The Hole. Can't a guy kick back, decon his weapons, and sip his Dirty Kobold in peace?

Algulcz
04-23-2011, 12:27 PM

So? I don't see your point. Crafting hall is few light years away from taverns in Zawabi's Refuge or Amrath.
And yes, I can bind in tavern, teleport to crafting hall and then /death back...but that does not change the fact that its pita.

kyleann
04-23-2011, 05:25 PM
Why in taverns only? Make deconstruction available everywhere at any time. Have a right-click drop-down menu on items where you can deconstruct them. You click it, it prompts "are you sure you'd like to deconstruct this item for crafting materials?"

If you've ever played Hellgate London you know what I'm talking about. We shouldn't have to lug around stuff until our packs burst and we have to take a break from questing just to go decon a buch of vendor trash then when we're done go back to questing. It should be able to be done on the fly. You loot a chest, you decon the items you don't want to keep, then you get back to killing.

BossOfEarth
04-23-2011, 08:17 PM
...the crafting hall is easily accessible to you!

That's insane! It sounds like the punchline to one of those "In Soviet Russia..." jokes.

MrkGrismer
04-25-2011, 12:43 PM
Perhaps there should be a 'portable tavern' item sold on the ddo store.

(ducks and covers)

Memnir
04-25-2011, 12:48 PM
I think they should put Crafting Halls in all the major city zones - like airship towers. It would be a lot more convenient then having just the one in House K, and not quite as jarring as putting them in taverns - but continue the placement of having them near taverns is a good idea.

Hambo
04-25-2011, 12:55 PM
I think the closer to a tavern a crafting area is the more chance you should have to accidentally deconstruct something you have equipped.

Don't Drink and Deconstruct... It's the Law! :D

The above comments have nothing to do with the actual opinions of the poster. This post is merely an attempt at humor.

A poor, pitiful sad attempt at humor. :D

Hordo
04-25-2011, 01:40 PM
I think they should put Crafting Halls in all the major city zones - like airship towers. It would be a lot more convenient then having just the one in House K, and not quite as jarring as putting them in taverns - but continue the placement of having them near taverns is a good idea.

I'm a Craft-a-Holic.
I want the crafting altars on my guild airship.
Right next to the sizzling bacon...

Saaluta
04-25-2011, 01:58 PM
I'm a Craft-a-Holic.

I approve of this message...mmmm, bacon and crafting :) on an airship!!!!eleventy-one

Saal :)

although deconstruction anywhere would be rather nice :)

siver
04-25-2011, 02:01 PM
I'm a Craft-a-Holic.

I assume they already have crafting ready to be added to guild ships. If not, I will concur with your request here, to add them as guild ship amenities.

I also would like to see the minimum 50% success rate go away on the airship ones, and add critical failures that provides "interesting" results instead. Would be interesting to see the posts from some guild who lost their airship because a new member decided to try crafting a greater bane shard with 0 skill, and spawned a mess of elementals that wrecked the place! (I would also hope that such destroyed ships could be rebuilt for a small *GOLD ONLY* fee, because I'm not that mean.)

On the other hand, that would also make people a lot more worried about inviting random strangers onto their ships to craft. Not seeing a problem with that, honestly, now that I think about it. Although a failsafe that can only be toggled by guild officers to allow/disallow crafting at under 50% success rate could fix that easily enough.

Okay. I really just want to see what kind of "interesting things" would happen if you horribly fail at crafting a difficult item, as the guy in the hall hinted at. I might even be willing to pay Turbine Points to try it out and blow my own ship up!

Hee hee hee! "Crafting party at my airship! Take materials out of the guild chest if you need them, but only craft things with less than a 50% success rate! See how much chaos we can create!"

5 minutes later, newbies in the harbor looking up to see the dragon get to watch a giant fireball in the sky!

If only...

Memnir
04-25-2011, 02:19 PM
I'm a Craft-a-Holic.
Right next to the sizzling bacon...Sounds good to me as well.
The more options for places to go and deconstruct things - the better off this whole Beta will go.

Trillea
04-25-2011, 02:29 PM
Sounds good to me as well.
The more options for places to go and deconstruct things - the better off this whole Beta will go.

Agreed - Devs please add a button to all chests - loot all as ingredients plz.

varusso
04-25-2011, 03:58 PM
Interestingly enough, when Asheron's Call (another turbine release) added USTing (essentially, deconstructing) to the game, you could perform it anywhere, though IIRC you had to actually HAVE an ust in your inventory to do so. The resulting 10 billion pieces of junk your got from usting everything you picked up was hell on inventory space, but at least you could do it. Add a new bag series specifically for the new crafting ingredients, and alot of that problem would go away, of course. Enchanters in WOW could also disenchant anywhere, anytime.

Really, no reason they shouldnt add it here, though their crafting system probably is not set up to handle this behavior except at specific item/npc interaction points (IE, altars, the cove box, etc). Would love to see it if they CAN do it, though (without rewriting the entire code to allow for it).

kinar
04-25-2011, 04:08 PM
-snip- someone did think of it...I just can't read :)

Just make these new crafting stations available as Guild ship hookpoints.

I have a hard time believing that Turbine hasn't already thought of this as well and already have plans to do so as Gold Seal contracts. Money Money Money Money!

varusso
04-25-2011, 04:12 PM
nm

LordPiglet
04-25-2011, 04:12 PM
...the crafting hall is easily accessible to you!

That's insane! It sounds like the punchline to one of those "In Soviet Russia..." jokes.

In Soviet Russia items deconstruct you

Chai
04-25-2011, 04:38 PM
This game indeed originated in Wisconsin. You dont go back to some silly mage tower to regain magical powers, you go to the bar and have a few. Just put the decon device in the middle toward the back.

Seikojin
04-25-2011, 05:05 PM
I definitely agree that deconning should be in more locations than just house K. Taverns is a good idea for sure. The barkeeps could do it for a 'fee' too. ;)

Gremmlynn
04-25-2011, 05:24 PM
Why in taverns only? Make deconstruction available everywhere at any time. Have a right-click drop-down menu on items where you can deconstruct them. You click it, it prompts "are you sure you'd like to deconstruct this item for crafting materials?"

If you've ever played Hellgate London you know what I'm talking about. We shouldn't have to lug around stuff until our packs burst and we have to take a break from questing just to go decon a buch of vendor trash then when we're done go back to questing. It should be able to be done on the fly. You loot a chest, you decon the items you don't want to keep, then you get back to killing.This.

I'm sick of having to stop playing the game to work the game. Kill, loot, decon and keep on killing. With a big enough crafting bag I could do all the desert walk-up's and hit all the explorer rares between quests, for example, without ever having to go back to town. Maybe multiple times if gear holds out.

Seikojin
04-25-2011, 09:12 PM
Adding right click to things like that would be too much code. It is much, much easier for the teams to place npcs with dialog and function that exists elsewhere than to make new functions.

AmatsukaIncarnate
04-26-2011, 01:07 AM
When I was a wee ol liddle lad, I had to walk 50 miles to the crafting hall and 50 miles back to the shop. Uphill both ways!!

^that's what Turbine is preparing us to say.