PDA

View Full Version : Crafting in Holding Pattern?

Splotto
04-22-2011, 03:42 PM
Hello:

I have a TR coming up through the vale now and I was planning on making a LitII for them this time around. However, given the coming update, should I hold off on crafting anything?

Thanks,
Splotto

Alexandryte
04-22-2011, 03:53 PM
You will be unable to craft anything with the same raw power potential that a LitII has with the new crafting system.

You can continue creating greensteel as normal.

NinjaNeed
04-22-2011, 03:53 PM
It depends on what you plan on crafting.

If it is a bow then I would definitely suggest waiting, but not due to the crafting system. There is a REAL nice bow coming out in the new adventure pack.

However, if it is a melee weapon then a Lit 2 will out dps just about anything you can craft.

As far as I can tell from my plays on Lamania the crafting is designed as a kind of middle ground between random drops/crappy names items and greensteel weapons (with the odd epic weapon coming above even greensteel).

sigtrent
04-22-2011, 04:02 PM
Crafting won't impact greensteel IMO.

Also.. the crafting thing is "beta" which means they will be changing and fiddling with it... for a while yet.

Personally I never actually plan anything with very specific loot in mind, I just use whatever I can snag that works best for my character until the next shiny comes out. Keeps me happy.

Cyr
04-22-2011, 04:05 PM
Lit 2 should still be a safe choice for GS. Min 2 is the main one I would think twice about crafting right now.

Oh and triple pos weapons are MUCH better against undead with the changes to Greater Disruption.

Splotto
04-22-2011, 04:16 PM
Thank you for the relies and advice.