PDA

View Full Version : Crafting & Platinum earnings...

Synnestar35791
04-19-2011, 09:51 AM
Before anyone in the general public replies to this...
Go over to Lamania, test the crafting, try to make a VERY high level weapon,(crafting level req 60+)
DO NOT use a single given point from pointcelot.
once you have, then feel free to comment....

I honestly suggest an increase in pawn vendor trade pay-outs...
Sales to vendors of items needs to be examined.
If I take things to deconstruction as I loot them, I'm not earning the previous platinum amounts because the items I used to vendor now go to deconstruction, and on Live servers, this is really gonna kill me(& others) as we'll be deconstructing more than we vendor. {WAY more than we vendor}

I took in 100K plat from +Thoon when he passed it out, used some to help set-up the air-ship, and have been paying repair bills, Hirelings, nad spell materials, now if I was chasing Greensteel, or working towards auction house sold items for the other crafting aspect, I'd be in a serious predicament.

Devs - ya need to set a balance here somehow.
seriously give some consideration to this before setting this crafting deal on Live servers....

Tunst
04-19-2011, 09:55 AM
Before anyone in the general public replies to this...
Go over to Lamania, test the crafting, try to make a VERY high level weapon,(crafting level req 60+)
DO NOT use a single given point from pointcelot.
once you have, then feel free to comment....

I honestly suggest an increase in pawn vendor trade pay-outs...
Sales to vendors of items needs to be examined.
If I take things to deconstruction as I loot them, I'm not earning the previous platinum amounts because the items I used to vendor now go to deconstruction, and on Live servers, this is really gonna kill me(& others) as we'll be deconstructing more than we vendor. {WAY more than we vendor}

I took in 100K plat from +Thoon when he passed it out, used some to help set-up the air-ship, and have been paying repair bills, Hirelings, nad spell materials, now if I was chasing Greensteel, or working towards auction house sold items for the other crafting aspect, I'd be in a serious predicament.

Devs - ya need to set a balance here somehow.
seriously give some consideration to this before setting this crafting deal on Live servers....

your probably right

but if they do increase vendor price, that gives me more reason to vendor now D:
i mean a normal shroud run (without haggle) got me like 10k-20k just from vendor junk
and thats without pulling anything real nice or a tome.

Quarterling
04-19-2011, 09:56 AM
I do not think that crafting was originally intended for a person to make a high-level item right off at day one or day two.

If Turbine's intention was to enable characters to make very powerful items in only a matter of a couple of days, I would say that the crafting system is broken (it might be broken in other ways though). However, the only way it seems to get to such a high level in a short amount of time is to buy the ingredients off of the DDO Store.

It is supposed to take time. Besides, nobody is forcing you to deconstruct your items, so why not ignore the crafting hall and just sell your items like what people normally used to do pre-u9?

IgorHackNSlasher
04-19-2011, 09:56 AM
/ not signed
This game needs more plat sinks not ways to put more plat into the game. I'm aware that it may take 100's of loot items to make 1 high level item but if thats the price you pay to have custom stuff, so be it.

Keybreaker
04-19-2011, 10:17 AM
/not signed

Crafting is a feature that is designed to be a time and resource sink. Get what you want, but invest time and resources (and yes, the inevitable grind that is the life-blood of MMOs)...

How many players would pay 2.1 mill plat (or more... much, much more) for Anarchic Burst Silver-lined Handwraps of Greater Evil Outsider Bane? Or 30% Striding Boots of (+15) Springing with Large Guild Augment Slot?

These things should NOT be trivial. Some clever/special craftable items will be comparable (maybe even better) than named raid loot or epic items.

Lose revenue by crunching... but craft things that can't ordinarily be bought for less than millions of plat... Sounds fair to me.

theboyftw
04-19-2011, 10:42 AM
if anything it will make some of the vendor trash more valuable on the auction house for those that are looking for items to deconstruct. I think it will be a good balance.

Shamurai
04-19-2011, 10:58 AM
What I've seen so far is, everything I put in the AH now.. sells for more than it did before U9 crafting rumors came out.. People seem to be hoarding everything.. so I'm hoping to actually Plat "CAP" one of my toons finally.

Jaid314
04-19-2011, 12:06 PM
honestly, simply by virtue of more stuff getting sold on AH and less stuff going to the brokers, this is a pretty functional plat sink. it's an entirely *optional* plat sink, mind you, but a plat sink nonetheless. something which has been called for extensively anyways.