PDA

View Full Version : Please Nerf Shuriken Expertise

Sydril
04-16-2011, 01:20 PM
This feat is clearly overpowered and needs nerfing ASAP. No one is going to play any game that has parties of shuriken tossing super ninjas flying all over the place.

The feat should be implemented with a hidden autodelete side effect that procs a chance at character deletion to people who wield or throw shurikens.

That is all.

Morlen
04-16-2011, 01:58 PM
It never hurts to try, right?

SolarDawning
04-16-2011, 02:53 PM
This is especially true of drow monks, who get Shuriken Expertise for free.

We all know how extremely overpowered drow monks are. They especially need nerfing.

(Did I do it right?)

Sydril
04-16-2011, 03:07 PM
This is especially true of drow monks, who get Shuriken Expertise for free.

We all know how extremely overpowered drow monks are. They especially need nerfing.

Drow are like exotic dancers who strip "to put themselves through college."

Everyone did it and then made a 32 point build or TR, and then said "Let us never speak of this again" to their days of being a drow.

Shade
04-16-2011, 04:43 PM
you need to toss in some edge numbers to get the nerfs rolling!

Here:
Shurikens do insane damage, sure its just 1d2 base.. But add in freakin monk damage bonuses , which can go up to about +100.
Then
100 x12 for the 12 monks (standard raid formation)
1200 damage
and theyd probably crit a lot, in monktain stance
so x3 crits
1200x3 = 3600 damage
And with the thousand star insanely OPd +50% attack rate you can throw them at an insane rate, like over 100 a minute
3600x100 = 36,000
Then 2 shurkiens per throw? omg
36,000*2=72,000
Don't forget monks +10% damage vulnerability punch!
79,200 damage!

There you go, perfectly attainable reasonable accurate numbers. nerf it up devs :D The nerf to change it to dex = proc was not nearly enough! :D

Ziindarax
04-16-2011, 05:10 PM
you need to toss in some edge numbers to get the nerfs rolling!

Here:
Shurikens do insane damage, sure its just 1d2 base.. But add in freakin monk damage bonuses , which can go up to about +100.
Then
100 x12 for the 12 monks (standard raid formation)
1200 damage
and theyd probably crit a lot, in monktain stance
so x3 crits
1200x3 = 3600 damage
And with the thousand star insanely OPd +50% attack rate you can throw them at an insane rate, like over 100 a minute
3600x100 = 36,000
Then 2 shurkiens per throw? omg
36,000*2=72,000
Don't forget monks +10% damage vulnerability punch!
79,200 damage!

There you go, perfectly attainable reasonable accurate numbers. nerf it up devs :D The nerf to change it to dex = proc was not nearly enough! :D

We don't need another nerf. :)

I mean, who is going to use shurikens in quests anyways?

SolarDawning
04-16-2011, 05:21 PM
We don't need another nerf. :)

I mean, who is going to use shurikens in quests anyways?

I'm going to have to make a halfling thrower ninja just to exploit how amazing shuriken are.
I'll show them.

I'll show them all with my 1d2 weapon with approximately a 34% at level cap chance of throwing an extra 1d2 weapon per attack, and a horrendously slow attack speed. Oh, and to get that much dex, my strength will be terrible, so it'll be essentially like tossing little balls of cotton fluff.

quickgrif
04-16-2011, 05:23 PM
I'm going to have to make a halfling thrower ninja just to exploit how amazing shuriken are.
I'll show them.

I'll show them all with my 1d2 weapon with approximately a 34% at level cap chance of throwing an extra 1d2 weapon per attack, and a horrendously slow attack speed. Oh, and to get that much dex, my strength will be terrible, so it'll be essentially like tossing little balls of cotton fluff.

Yes but the balls of cotton fluff will be on fire and thrown by ninjas!!!!

Darkrok
04-16-2011, 05:28 PM
halfling

thrower

ninja

dex

strength

little balls of cotton fluff

Nerf all of the above. Especially the last one!

SolarDawning
04-16-2011, 06:00 PM

And they'll totally flip out and kill people ALL THE TIME.
Because that's what ninjas do.

patang01
04-16-2011, 06:31 PM

You know, shurikens is cool and all but I would definately nerf if they ever got blowguns with poison darts. That's just wrong.

Requiro
04-16-2011, 08:05 PM
Definitely!

And after, they should consider nerf overpowered Shuriken too. 1d2 damage is way to powerful! I think that 1 damage per hit is much more balance.

kyleann
04-16-2011, 09:27 PM
You think Shurikens are nerf-worthy? How about those lumps of coal? I've seen them do 4,2098,02.44 damage at least twice. That number, by the way, is in fact four million two thousand ninety-eight and two point four four damage. It's a real number, it happened.

Plus, I've heard that lumps can do permanent smudge damage to armor that only the dry-cleaner NPC can fix for the low low cost of 12 Large Devil scales. Of course, the dry-cleaning NPC is Coming Soon (tm).

azrael4h
04-16-2011, 11:00 PM

Ninja cotton fluff is overpowered in PvP against WF Sorcerers; they need nerfing NOW!

Alcamez
04-17-2011, 02:48 AM
This feat is clearly overpowered and needs nerfing ASAP. No one is going to play any game that has parties of shuriken tossing super ninjas flying all over the place.

The feat should be implemented with a hidden autodelete side effect that procs a chance at character deletion to people who wield or throw shurikens.

That is all.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj109/alcamez/thumbnail.jpg

STILL KEEPS COMING OUT THE SAME ON MY CALCULATIONS

EustaceTrevelyan
04-17-2011, 03:06 AM

That is all.

I didn't want to say anything because I thought I was the only one! They must be stopped, this is clearly just the upswing of the same old OP FOTM that has to be nerfed because it gets min-maxed till it's game breaking.

You could make a drow rogue, and get not only crits and SA, but DOUBLE CRITS and ULTRA SA. ENERGY CRITS!!!!

That nancy drow will make my half-orc barb feel like he left his ahhh, boys, back home, in his mother's apron. Please, think of the half orcs! :(

Why? Because they can! And you can't even hear them throw, because they're NINJAS, and shuri fly silently as well. It's ALL SUDDEN DEATH, all the time. Drow needs to be a 3500 favor unlock now, no question.

redgod
04-17-2011, 03:45 AM
I'll show them.

just make a litII and pray for strikes and throw with all the shame you can muster but you have to name him appropriately something like noreally imenttodothat

wax_on_wax_off
04-17-2011, 04:49 AM
Ok, no really, I'm going to try to think of the best, most optimal use of the new shuriken feat.

How about pure halfling rogue 20/assassin III

17d6+12+8+8 sneak attack damage = 87.5 sneak attack damage.
14, 20, 14, 8, 8, 8 starting stats.
20 base dexterity + 5 levels + 4 tome + 10 items + 5 enhancements + 2 yugo = 46 (46% chance to proc a second throw)

Feats: rapid shot, point blank shot, exotic weapon proficiency: shuriken, precise shot, improved precise shot, quick draw, shuriken expertise

So with 20 BAB my FvS can throw about 52 in 1 minute. 52*(1+.2 (quickdraw) + .15 (haste) + .2 (rapid shot) + .3 (haste boost IV)) = 52*1.85= 96.2/minute *1.46 for 140/minute. Even an acrobat with a quarterstaff will have many more attacks/minute than that, let alone a TWF'ing assassin with about 190. Unless I have the maths on throwing speed incorrect there really isn't any comparison. Still, you could provide 204 sneak attack DPS with Shuriken's. Perhaps an appropriate comparison would be repeating crossbow and shuriken, perhaps there some comparison can be found (need to know proper attack rates for each plus loss %).

Either way, if there was a way for Shuriken's to be viable it would involve a lot of sneak attack (assuming it doubles up when you get a proc).

Just a thought ...

Krell
04-17-2011, 05:30 AM
Definitely!

And after, they should consider nerf overpowered Shuriken too. 1d2 damage is way to powerful! I think that 1 damage per hit is much more balance.

1d2 is just crazy. The least you can do is half your max damage!

steelblueskies
04-17-2011, 05:36 AM
this is what prolonged exposure to kobolds, followed by delayed expectation, followed by letdown does to people.
hope you are learning a lesson here. kobolds followed by nerfs leads to temporary insanity.

ps. the society against pointy objects, supports nerfing shuriken. please replace them with lumps of coal... oh wait..

pps. shuriken on held mobs for extra 50%!nerf plox. also crafted lifestealing shuriken. crafted stunning shuriken(of doom). also because shuriken is a funny word, please change them to "throwing star" so as to not confuse the new players and make it more difficult to get into the ninja game. might consider making "throwing stars" regenerate when below 12 stacks for players with shuriken expertise too.. of course you will then have to nerf all named throwing stars.

Auran82
04-17-2011, 07:15 AM
Just implement the Chuck Norris class, ninja problem solved.

Havok.cry
04-18-2011, 03:21 AM
Screw ninjas... all this talk of thowing stuff made me remember they made an EPIC throwing dagger... now i gotta roll out a halfling kensai thrower