PDA

View Full Version : put another bar in house K

dmslasher
04-14-2011, 07:01 PM
ok this may seem like a useless suggestion but to me it makes sense.

1. Every House has 2 bars in it. excluding house k
2. House k is run by dwarves right? i thought dwarves like drinking? wouldn't that mean they should have the most bars not the fewest of the houses?
3. there is plenty of space in house k for a bar near the bank where it would save some running time.if your on that side of the area.
4. House k is run by dwarves right? i thought dwarves like drinking?

Bargol
04-14-2011, 07:04 PM
Sure if its easy to do, but with the guild ship access right near where your suggesting can't you just visit the bar on your guild ship?

Also there is an vendor shop nearby to repair gear at as well.

dmslasher
04-14-2011, 07:09 PM
Sure if its easy to do, but with the guild ship access right near where your suggesting can't you just visit the bar on your guild ship?

not all guilds put a bar on there ship. if you guild is in the 40,s you still have the smaller ship but only enough spaces to put stat shrines. and stat shrine>then bar

jortann
04-14-2011, 07:16 PM
And make it a cool tavern - the one that is there is perhaps the lamest in the game.

And put in a corner and make it kind of shady - a place for the rough and tough dwarfs.

And give it a cool name - like something with stout in the name.

Falco_Easts
04-14-2011, 07:24 PM
Not sure a bank next to a bar is a good idea...

Bladedge
04-14-2011, 07:27 PM
There was the Belly Up Tavern that appeared on the old house k maps some years ago. If it actually existed during alpha, beta, is a different topic.

donfilibuster
04-14-2011, 09:12 PM
Here's some rumours about it:

1. There's indeed a dwarven tavern but only House K employees are allowed.

2. There was this nice place called The Vault of Night, but has fallen into disrepute.

3. House K employees aren't allowed to drink while on duty, so they scamper off to other taverns.

4. The tavern was closed after too many customers had their legs injuried with sharp objects.

Ganolyn
04-14-2011, 09:30 PM

The Twelve has two bars?

And make it a cool tavern - the one that is there is perhaps the lamest in the game.

You've obviously never been to the Adept's Rest.

NaturalHazard
04-14-2011, 09:34 PM
Here's some rumours about it:

1. There's indeed a dwarven tavern but only House K employees are allowed.

2. There was this nice place called The Vault of Night, but has fallen into disrepute.

3. House K employees aren't allowed to drink while on duty, so they scamper off to other taverns.

4. The tavern was closed after too many customers had their legs injuried with sharp objects.

I thought it was shaamis or what ever he's called that caused the bar to close?

PwnHammer40K
04-14-2011, 09:43 PM
What is with short hairy men and excessive alcohol consumption anyway? Why does it make perfect sense? Who thought of it and why are we unable to imagine it any other way?

ANSWERS

Calebro
04-14-2011, 09:59 PM
ok this may seem like a useless suggestion but to me it makes sense.

2. House k is run by dwarves right? i thought dwarves like drinking? wouldn't that mean they should have the most bars not the fewest of the houses?
3. there is plenty of space in house k for a bar near the bank where it would save some running time.if your on that side of the area.
4. House k is run by dwarves right? i thought dwarves like drinking?

This Just In!
The Stormreach Liquor Commissioner has just ruled in opposition to a new tavern in House Kundarak. When asked about his reasoning the Commissioner referred to a long list of arrests and disturbances involving public intoxication and indecent exposure allegedly committed by a certain unnamed dwarven monk.
The Commissioner goes on to state that if and when this particular dwarf should happen to turn up D.O.A., then and only then will a new license be considered for House Kundarak.

FrancisP.Fancypants
04-14-2011, 10:08 PM
You guys know they keep kegs behind the teller windows in the bank, right?

Mazeratti
04-14-2011, 10:11 PM
Ataraxia's is my booze joint of choice while visiting the general house K area - indoor - pool/spa/bar/bank/post office/pawn shop

is that cool or what.

I think this thread should be... "put the AH in Ataraxias" - then that place would be perfect :p

donfilibuster
04-15-2011, 06:49 AM
The Twelve has two bars?
Yes, inside the tower, well at least a place to swap spells and a vendor.
But i won't drink what those wizards drink, lest you stumble into the planescaller while drunk.

dmslasher
04-15-2011, 11:07 AM
sure it does what if you run up a huge tab and cant afford to pay it you could just run across to the bank and make a quick withdraw!

Phidius
04-15-2011, 11:20 AM
I totally agree with you, Op...

... useless suggestion :D

brian14
04-15-2011, 11:29 AM
stat shrine>then bar
My guild disagrees.

We ALWAYS have a bar!

Schmoe
04-15-2011, 11:52 AM
I also find it strange that House K only has one bar. Really now, dwarves with only one house bar? Dwarves?

You've obviously never been to the Adept's Rest.

I love the Adept's Rest, because it's always empty! What better place to get sloppy drunk without any witnesses? It's kind of like my own personal tavern. :D

DaSawks
04-15-2011, 01:20 PM

Having a Bar on the Topside/deck* of the Airship makes a big difference. Fast log outs, drinking games etc.

I love Dwarves and drinking*. More of both is a good idea.

*Old sailor here. Pay no attention when I slur my speach.

Ironforge_Clan
04-15-2011, 01:25 PM
And give it a cool name - like something with stout in the name.

No opinion one way or the other as far as a second tavern goes but if they do it should be named "The Pour House". And just in case anyone asks yes this is a ripoff of an actual place.

Teharahma
04-15-2011, 01:34 PM
not all guilds put a bar on there ship. if you guild is in the 40,s you still have the smaller ship but only enough spaces to put stat shrines. and stat shrine>then bar

Fast logout or +1dex?

Fast logout.. lol.

Plattt
04-15-2011, 01:50 PM
Every House should have two bars mostly if you drink too much and can't get back to the bar upstairs

Ganolyn
04-15-2011, 01:54 PM
Yes, inside the tower, well at least a place to swap spells and a vendor.
But i won't drink what those wizards drink, lest you stumble into the planescaller while drunk.

Ok, that's the Adept's Rest. Where's the other one?

Ironforge_Clan
04-15-2011, 01:57 PM
Ok, that's the Adept's Rest. Where's the other one?

Near the airship access...its more of a camp.

Elyanna
04-15-2011, 02:03 PM
No opinion one way or the other as far as a second tavern goes but if they do it should be named "The Pour House". And just in case anyone asks yes this is a ripoff of an actual place.

Actually I wouldn't be shocked if there was a bar named that in each state. I know of one near me :)

muffinlad
04-15-2011, 02:04 PM
Leave House K alone, and take out one bar from each of the other houses that have two, except the marketplace.

That way, they all have one.

Further, make them all "open air" so you do you not have to change instances as you go from the bar to the house proper.

Reduce, recycle, reuse. Take the old bars, and put them in the new spaces opening up.

PS. Changing the name of the House K bar to "The Pour House" is genius.

muffinpour

Quarterling
04-15-2011, 02:09 PM

You are correct. A bank next to a bar may not be a good idea, so House K intends to fix this by putting at least three or four bars next to the bank.

Drink up!