PDA

View Full Version : Server Selection / Recommendation?

SirGoldCard
04-10-2011, 05:08 AM
Would it be better to start on a Full / Medium / Empty Server?

Is there anything else one would recommend be considered?

Thanks

ProdigalGuru
04-10-2011, 05:22 AM
Fuller is better.

It is a group game, and you will have an easier time finding a group on a populated server.

Vikkus
04-10-2011, 09:00 AM
More people is better since you will be able to find companions to adventure with. I recommend Thelanis. :)

Attropos
04-10-2011, 09:05 AM
Would it be better to start on a Full / Medium / Empty Server?

Is there anything else one would recommend be considered?

Thanks

I recommend Khyber. From what I've read of other servers and what our invaders from Thelanis and Argo have to say, we have an extremely lively pug scene, something crucial to learning the game.

And yes, the fuller the better.

WarDestroyer
04-10-2011, 10:14 AM
Ghallanda that's it

Chette
04-10-2011, 10:30 AM
A full server will provide more pugging opportunities, but the gap between the rich and the poor is more pronounced, so prices are a big higher. It's worth it though, I'd go for a medium or full server until you are confident of what you are doing.

You can also start a few characters on multiple servers and see what you like better. That's what I did. I wanted to try out a few different classes to see what I wanted to play, so I started 2 characters on 3 different servers. I ended up making some good friends on Ghallanda and enjoyed my characters there, so I decided to stay.

SirGoldCard
04-10-2011, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the advice folks!

Bodic
04-10-2011, 04:11 PM
Go Khyber

Lhazaar is full

Alex301
04-10-2011, 04:13 PM
New and don't know anything about the game? Come to orien; you'll fit right in :)

But seriously, it doesn't really make much difference which sever you choose. Older servers like Kyber have more people and so it's quite active, but there will always be people to play with no matter the which sever you're on, plus newer severs generally have lower prices. You can try them out if you want but if you find some people you'd like to level with then i'd go with that sever.

DakotanSky
04-10-2011, 04:14 PM
I recommend Khyber. From what I've read of other servers and what our invaders from Thelanis and Argo have to say, we have an extremely lively pug scene, something crucial to learning the game.

And yes, the fuller the better.

So that is where everyone has gone to from Thelanis. It seems like our LFM options have been really sparse lately.