PDA

View Full Version : Deadnettle Challenge #1 - Ninja Gwylan's Stand

Necrobotanist
04-09-2011, 02:18 PM
Coralay D'Phiarlan needs your help. As a House Phiarlan agent, she would prefer you complete her quest with a minimum of fuss.

Are you a shadow, a ninja, a ghost? Can you complete Gwylan's Stand without leaving a trace?

PLEASE DO NOT POST SPOILERS!
Let everyone have fun working this out for themselves.

Challenge: complete Gwylan's Stand with no kills
Bonus: Disarm all traps for Ingenious Debilitation bonus, Misadventure gets Conquest, Misadventure gets Ransack (don't break any boxes yourself)

Post a screenshot here to win the prize!

Grand Prize: +2 Dex Tome to first posted solution
Second Prize: +1 Dex tome, while supplies last

Rules:
You must complete the quest, but no party member may kill any monster. Misadventure kills are ok.
Maximum level: 7
Party allowed: yes
Server: Prizes apply to Thelanis only, but please post from other servers if you wish
Expiration: May 1, 2011

Example:
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc189/npgibson/ScreenShot00068.jpg

Edit:
This challenge has been met. Feel free to try it out yourself. Send me a PM if you want a +1 DEX tome.

Teharahma
04-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Are you a shadow, a ninja, a ghost? Can you complete Gwylan's Stand without leaving a trace?

PLEASE DO NOT POST SPOILERS!
Let everyone have fun working this out for themselves.

Challenge: complete Gwylan's Stand with no kills
Bonus: Disarm all traps for Ingenius bonus

Post a screenshot here to win the prize!

Grand Prize: +2 Dex Tome to first posted solution
Second Prize: +1 Dex tome, while supplies last

Rules:
You must complete the quest, but no party member may kill any monster. Misadventure kills are ok.
Maximum level: 7
Party allowed: yes
Server: Prizes apply to Thelanis only, but please post from other servers if you wish
Expiration: May 1, 2011

Example:
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc189/npgibson/ScreenShot00068.jpg

Can I zerg through invis, can I zerg through with red alert ?

Necrobotanist
04-09-2011, 02:31 PM
Red Alert is fine, so long as you don't kill anything.

sirdanile
04-09-2011, 02:46 PM
how would you kill the named enemies that you arnt able to kite into a lethal trap?
I suppose lots of summon scrolls.

Necrobotanist
04-09-2011, 02:47 PM
how would you kill the named enemies that you arnt able to kite into a lethal trap?
I suppose lots of summon scrolls.

Umm... please no spoilers.

Try it. Let others speculate and work it out themselves.

krissonofpark
04-09-2011, 04:08 PM
Umm... please no spoilers.

Try it. Let others speculate and work it out themselves.

How can you comment on this thread and not give anything away?

And how do you complete the Quest without killing anything, you need to kill certain monsters to complete?

Necrobotanist
04-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Don't comment.

Post your completion.

It can be done, see above.

Let others work it out for themselves.

Musouka
04-09-2011, 06:24 PM
Nice contest here +1

Necrobotanist
04-17-2011, 09:25 AM
I have not yet received a verified winner for this challenge.

It may be a little harder than some folk initially thought. Not enough incentive?

C'mon Thelanis.

Chette
04-17-2011, 09:28 AM
Hey this is a really cool contest, great idea! Not on Thelanis but looking forward to seeing some entries.

Just curious, has the OP done this?

Vanquishedfo
04-17-2011, 09:38 AM
im not on the server, and not making a clone of an old character of mine. But Ive little doubt a 1/1/5 rogue ftr wizard with good gear could easily achieve this challenge. Ive had no few quests where nearly all kills where misadventure with that build before I capped him as a 1/4/15 including fun ones like kobold assault.

The how is rather simple, but since you dont want spoilers, and the paticular style used is typically flamed on the forums as being a flower sniffer style, well GL thelanians Im sure one smart wizard with a swashbucklers since of flair will figure it out soon.

Necrobotanist
04-27-2011, 01:18 AM
You don't have to level up a character to meet this challenge. Just to show it can be done, I completed the quest using a fresh off the boat level 4. I just gave her some healing pots and a couple other common pieces of gear. Here is the screen shot

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc189/npgibson/ScreenShot00796.jpg

Notice that I added a new wrinkle by getting ransack without breaking any boxes.

Flower sniffer? I suppose. Try to have fun; it's not all about grinding.

adamkatt
04-27-2011, 01:32 AM
Charm.

dunklezhan
04-27-2011, 02:01 AM
I've no idea whatsoever how you do it, but: awesomesauce.

Gkar
05-14-2011, 09:13 AM
It's funny, you start off asking for a ninja/ghost but in reality the only way to complete as you ask is a 1rog/xx who charms or agros and kites through traps, which is hardly ninja/ghost material.

Inferno346
05-14-2011, 01:08 PM
http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv243/INFERN0_346/ScreenShot00010.jpg

This is for a single tome (+2 dex) as I did not do the traps/conquest stuff.

Toon names are in sig.

Necrobotanist
05-15-2011, 09:27 AM
Great job. Never done this on a cleric myself. 22 min is not flower sniffing. Hope you had fun doing it with a twist, as I believe you have done this particular quest a few times already.

Tome sent, with regards.

...the only way to complete as you ask is a 1rog/xx who charms or agros and kites through traps,

There are several ways to do this. I always used stealth at least part of the time, but obviously others had different ideas. That's why I love this game.

Inferno346
05-15-2011, 09:32 AM
Great job. Never done this on a cleric myself. 22 min is not flower sniffing. Hope you had fun doing it with a twist, as I believe you have done this particular quest a few times already.

Tome sent, with regards.

Thanks mate! :)