Ngha
04-07-2011, 10:05 PM
-Closed due to new thread for clarity-

Ngha
04-07-2011, 10:21 PM
-removed for clarity-

Aaxeyu
04-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Don't go dex based, it's bad for your DPS.

Here's a DPS threat tank you can take a look at for inspiration:
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=288851

Ngha
04-07-2011, 10:35 PM
-removed for clarity-

Aaxeyu
04-07-2011, 10:46 PM
I went Dex for the weapon finesse and AC increase, after buffs I should be high

Weapon finesse on a kensei is highly flawed. You get no bonuses whatsoever to dex, but you get +10 strength. So even if you start with low strenght and high dex and put all level ups in dex your strength score will probably be about the same as your dex. Focus on strength.

And I'm hoping to crit more than 50% of the time.

Huh? You are using kamas, you will crit 10% of the time, and you will do absoultely horrible DPS.

Cleave, greater cleave and whirlwind are all worthless feats. And so is power critical.

Ngha
04-07-2011, 10:54 PM
-removed for clarity-

stille_nacht
04-07-2011, 11:03 PM
Thank you for your suggestion on switching from dex/weapon finesse to str. However I would appreciate it if you gave advice on how to make the build better, rather than tearing down the build without giving any input on how to correct it.

What changes should I make to make it more STR oriented without changing the general build?

What Monk weapon do you suggest instead besides unarmed?

What feats do you suggest to hit multiple opponents at once instead?

How do you suggest I increase my crit range so I crit more often?

Once again any advice is welcome and thanks in advance.

just drop weapon finesse and put all level ups in strength.

dont bother using a monk weapon, you dont even have advanced strikes in this build with 2/monk, just use either Khopesh or Scimitar, depending how much you like the palli splash. You can take the improved critical feat, but that is about it, also, all your damage doesnt come from criticals you know...

cleave/greater cleave/whirlwind all dont help your dps much unfortunately, drop them :[, is mobility required for something? if not, drop

also, you really need to post an AC breakdown, you will need a good 76 or so to be tanking horoth normal, and you kinda have to have good DPS too... if you dont have a good plan to reach 76, drop combat expertise, and two weapon defense. Take the TWF line, and move improved crit slash earlier in any case.

you NEED to have at least improved two weapon fighting, vastly prefer having greater two weapon fighting

also, dont assume all those +4 tomes, i guarentee you wont get them all, for that matter, it is likely you wont even see a single +4 tome of your own 2nd life, period. (almost all of the +4s ive seen have come from 60th or 80th ToD...)

Aaxeyu
04-07-2011, 11:06 PM
What changes should I make to make it more STR oriented without changing the general build?

Start with 15 dex (or less if you have acces to +3/4 tomes) and up strength to 16. Drop the weapon finesse feat

What Monk weapon do you suggest instead besides unarmed?

You should not use monk weapons at all. Use khopesh.

What feats do you suggest to hit multiple opponents at once instead?

I suggest that you shouldn't worry about hitting multiple opponents at once.

How do you suggest I increase my crit range so I crit more often?

By using khopesh.

Ngha
04-08-2011, 12:00 AM
-removed for clarity-

unbongwah
04-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Paladin doesn't add CHA to AC, it adds CHA to saves.

Ngha
04-08-2011, 01:42 PM
-removed for clarity-

unbongwah
04-08-2011, 02:22 PM
The strength of your pally aura depends on how many & which aura enhs you take, which in turn are capped by your number of pally lvls; CHA has nothing to do with it. Pally 6 would let you bump up your AC aura to a mere +2 IIRC.

Ngha
04-08-2011, 04:18 PM
-removed for clarity-

grodon9999
04-08-2011, 04:28 PM
See the build in my signature.

Ngha
04-08-2011, 04:53 PM
-removed for clarity-

unbongwah
04-08-2011, 04:56 PM
What class would you suggest taking instead of pally?
The basic idea of your build is not bad, it's the way you put it together which is, umm, sub-optimal:

As others said, your stats are a mess; in particular don't go DEX-based on a fighter. STR & CON are too low; you always need HPs and with the U9 changes to Intim, DPS is about to become even more important to hate-tanking, not less. INT could be lower too if you've got a +1 or +2 INT tome.
One +3 and five +4 tomes? :eek: Yeah, OK, I'm gonna presume that's an "if all stars are in alignment" thing. :rolleyes:
A lot of your feats are considered weak or pointless: Cleave, GC, TWD (tho makes some sense on a serious AC tank), Finesse, Dodge, Mobility, Spring Atk, Whirlwind, Power Crit. [Phew!] Meanwhile, you don't have ITWF or GTWF, which is like Dual-Wielding 101 - always take all the TWF feats.
Kamas? Are you serious? :eek:

Pally 6 does add some nice bonuses to this build - higher saves, wand usage, burst DPS boosts, Divine Righteousness for extra hate - but your endgame AC will suffer a bit for it if you go Stalwart Defender: partly because you miss out on the final AC boost from SD III, partly because you don't get the +2 AC from the ToD SD set (http://ddowiki.com/page/Unique_item_sets#Stalwart_Defender_.28Ftr.29). Although your build went Kensai II...

The drawback to going the monk WIS AC route is you can't use a shield w/out losing your AC bonus. With the U9 changes to the shield feats & Intim, it may be desirable to have at least the dmg mitigation from Shield Mastery & ISM. But I'm still trying to figure out how the changes will work myself; a lot depends on whether you can hold aggro while S&B.

I'll mull the idea over later and see what I can come up with.

Ngha
04-08-2011, 05:15 PM
-removed for clarity-

Aaxeyu
04-08-2011, 11:40 PM
No offense, but I would recommend you to play premade builds until you actually learn the game.
Making your own build will be much more rewarding when you know what you are doing and you know what you want.

Ngha
04-09-2011, 01:04 AM
-Closed due to new thread for clarity-

Ngha
04-09-2011, 04:27 AM
-closed due to new post for clarity-