PDA

View Full Version : T P Help

Johnman68
04-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Hi everyone:

I've been trying to find ou t how to earn Turbine Points, still not 100% clear on it. The issue seems to be is that there are many threads explaining how to get TP's but they may or may not be accurate due to game updates. Thi si my assumption so if someone can help me by suppling me with a link with accurate info I would greatly appreciate it.

What I mean is that some of the posts, like mine, asking for help on how to earn TP's go back to 2009 and I'm assuming that due to game updates the info may no longer be correct.

I understand that if you earn 100 favor you get 25 tps, per character or per server, something like that.

The other posts also said that if you make a character for the 1st time on another server you get TPS but I haven't had that happens o I'm assuming that's old news. My first character got about 300-40 free tps whcih was great but I've made two other charcters all on other servers and haven't yet gotten any TPS from them.

If you can only grind 25tps for every 100 favor per character that's fine, just wondering if there's any other possibilities.

Thanks
John

chadj82371
04-06-2011, 01:39 PM
It should work like this, I think:

1st character per server gets TP at total favor of 5, 25, 50 and 100, and then TP for every 100 total favor thereafter.

2nd character per server gets TP only on every 100 total favor.

Here is a link to the wiki:

http://ddowiki.com/page/Turbine_Point

As far as I know this wasn't changed by any update.

Johnman68
04-06-2011, 01:45 PM
Thanks I'll read the Wiki

I think I misunderstood somewhat.

I thought you got a bonus just for creating and playing another charcter on another server, no tjust earning the 100 favor.

chadj82371
04-06-2011, 01:48 PM
Are you watching the actual TP balance on those new toons or just waiting on the mail? If they are still on the 'snowy side' of Korthos I don't think you can even see when you get mail, have to get to Stormreach first, which you can do by talking to the lady at the dock in Korthos (you can then go back to Korthos on the 'sunny side' and run those quests if you want.

chadj82371
04-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Thanks I'll read the Wiki

I think I misunderstood somewhat.

I thought you got a bonus just for creating and playing another charcter on another server, no tjust earning the 100 favor.

Well on the first character on a server you should get 25 TP for reaching 5 favor (which is only probably 2 of the Korthos quests on normal) and additional TP at 25 and 50 total favor.

Johnman68
04-06-2011, 01:54 PM
Sucks I don't have a Credit Card right now. I think I'm gong to hunt down a card to reddem points from some outlet. We don't have a Gamestop in our area but maybe Futureshop or EBgames will have a card I can buy to redeem some points.

Johnman68
04-06-2011, 01:58 PM
Are you watching the actual TP balance on those new toons or just waiting on the mail? If they are still on the 'snowy side' of Korthos I don't think you can even see when you get mail, have to get to Stormreach first, which you can do by talking to the lady at the dock in Korthos (you can then go back to Korthos on the 'sunny side' and run those quests if you want.

I was actually just awaiting the emails but then I was misunderstanding. I actually thought you got a 100tp bonus for each character created on a server. "THEN" you got 25tps every 100 favor. So I was waiting for a mail that would never come.

I'll work on my other two characters to grind out some new TP, they're several quests away from that though.

Not sure what you mean by the "sunny side" and the "snowy side" of Korthos but I'll figure it out. I've never gone back to Korthos from Stormreach. When my 1st character left for Stormreach I had completed 100% of the quests so there was no need for me to return.

chadj82371
04-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Not sure what you mean by the "sunny side" and the "snowy side" of Korthos but I'll figure it out. I've never gone back to Korthos from Stormreach. When my 1st character left for Stormreach I had completed 100% of the quests so there was no need for me to return.

When you start a new toon at lvl 1 it is snowing in Korthos until you complete Misery's Peak and free the white dragon. Once that happens it is no longer snowing on Korthos (it's 'sunny'). You can skip straight to sunny side by talking to the lady at the dock that takes you to Stormreach and then always go back and run those quests later if you want to for some reason (for example, to get the extra favor for running on hard/elite settings if you hadn't done so before leaving Korthos).

One thing, if you are playing with a regular group you need to all either be on the snowy side or all on the sunny side. People on the sunny side cannot group up with people on the snowy side.

Good luck with it.

Raiar
04-06-2011, 02:53 PM
For every 100 points of favor a character gets, you earn 25 TP.

In addition to those, when the total favor you've earned between all your characters on a given server reaches the following thresholds, you earn TP:
5 favor (50 TP)
25 favor (25 TP)
50 favor (25 TP)
500 favor (50 TP)
1,000 favor (100 TP)
2,000 favor (100 TP)
3,000 favor (100 TP)
Because the first three of those (at 5, 25, and 50) are so quick to get, many F2P/Premium players will create a character on each of several servers and do enough questing to get those first few rewards. (It's often described as being your first character that gets the extra TP bonuses, but it sounds to me like "Total Favor thresholds" is really the sum of all your characters. Am I interpreting that correctly? I think it's simply that the first few of those thresholds likely will be from just your first character, since most players will get one above 50 favor before creating more alts.)

While you're playing through the intro instance in Korthos, an ice dragon is screwing with the weather and it's snowing. Once you complete the Misery's Peak quest (or choose to skip the intro and proceed directly to Stormreach) then it's sunny out. So "snowy side" and "sunny side" are used to distinguish whether people are still in the intro instance or have completed it and returned to Korthos to finish or repeat quests there. (The same quests are available, but people still in the snowy side intro can't group with people who are out of the intro and playing on the sunny side.)

Cauthey
04-06-2011, 03:01 PM
Sucks I don't have a Credit Card right now. I think I'm gong to hunt down a card to reddem points from some outlet. We don't have a Gamestop in our area but maybe Futureshop or EBgames will have a card I can buy to redeem some points.

Allegedly, per http://www.ddo.com, Target sells them too.

Johnman68
04-06-2011, 03:44 PM
Thanks guys, yeah I forgot about the snowy dragon quest in the end. I finished it fairly fast and then concetrated on getting the wilderness adventures 100%. So I forgot the whole point. Sunny after the dragon ice/snow dragon quest was complete now makes sense.

Yeah, we have no "target" either, just Best-buy, Futureshop and EB games. Perhaps one of them will have a card fro me to purchase.

Thanks again for your answers.

John

Johnman68
04-06-2011, 03:59 PM
I just made some phonecalls and seems that there is card I can get called "ultimate game Card."

I hope it works, should....it seems widely accepted. DDO is on thier list in the roleplay section.

www.ultimategamecard.com