PDA

View Full Version : Active "looking for party" stance

stille_nacht
04-05-2011, 08:41 PM
Right, this really comes for me on all the times i look at the lfm screen after a while and go "DANGIT!, i missed an (abbot/eDQ/etc. etc.).

So, i suggest this, when marking ourselves as "looking to join a party", we can set certain quests on auto alert so itd be like this:

Set quests on autoalert- The Accursed Ascension: difficulty any, Against the Demon queen: difficulty epic

when an lfm for say, eDQ goes up, it alerts you on your screen:
![playername] has started a party for Against the Demon Queen: Epic!

this would extend to-

I know for myself if the LFM panel doesn't show what something i want to run, then I start soloing - or switch characters. But if there was panel that said ...hey 5 people want to run Coal, 4 want rainbow, 2 want Dust etc...I would grab the group and get it going much more readily than putting up an LFM for Ritual and have everyone ignore it.
so in addition to alerting you, it lets other people know what you have set "on alert".

it is more of a convenience thing i know, but i feel like itd be a useful addition

~jradnut
04-05-2011, 08:44 PM
Sounds like a fine idea.

Spoonwelder
04-05-2011, 09:09 PM
Add to it a matching system to - all people who tag a quest will show in a screen for that quest- first person who tags the 6 (or 12) others and 'forms' the party gets the star.

the problem with the LFM system we have now is that it is too static - you need a leader willing to take the star and then that person (who could probably solo the quest) has to wait around for others to notice and join. The alternative above is much more active and allows a leader type to find out who is active and interested in what.

Something like the above would do wonders for getting more grouping going.

I know for myself if the LFM panel doesn't show what something i want to run, then I start soloing - or switch characters. But if there was panel that said ...hey 5 people want to run Coal, 4 want rainbow, 2 want Dust etc...I would grab the group and get it going much more readily than putting up an LFM for Ritual and have everyone ignore it.

stille_nacht
04-05-2011, 09:19 PM
good idea spponwelder, adding it too original suggestion...

Noctus
04-05-2011, 11:59 PM
Good idea.

DMCain
04-06-2011, 12:05 AM
I like this idea.

/signed

Baloran
04-06-2011, 12:09 AM
/signed both suggestions

Cheers Baloran

Atree
04-06-2011, 05:54 AM
Very good ideas

Lorien_the_First_One
04-06-2011, 06:01 AM
If there is a particular quest you want to do,just start a bloody group. Stop being so passive.

Maxelcat
04-06-2011, 07:36 AM
I like it!

Asketes
04-06-2011, 07:43 AM
unfortunately half people just type the quest into the comments since there is some type of random bug that some people can't see the quest selected.

amethystdragon
04-06-2011, 07:48 AM
I think the idea is a great one.

I know there are times when there is a quest that I would like to run, but seldom see an LFM up for it. It can get frustrating. So additional tools to help people find and/or fill groups would be nice.

Some quests I just do not know well enough to be able to lead them. Then there are times after a long day, of making sure everyone does what they need to do and do it right in RL, I just don't feel like taking charge in a game I am playing to relax.

Spoonwelder
04-06-2011, 09:02 AM
If there is a particular quest you want to do,just start a bloody group. Stop being so passive.
To me it isn't so much passivity as the fact that if you are the leader you have to wait till the other members join. Whereas if I could see what other people wanted to run I would gladly form a group and get it going asap. The option I put forward allows me to take the star but not have to wait 1/2hr for a party to form. It also lets all those people who are lurking around the town, PVPing or at the AH or just in slayer areas to get into a group (passively yes, but they were already being passive by watching the LFM for good stuff).

I know I could put up LFMs with in progress - etc... and I do. But that still discourages group play and/or new players wanting to learn. Running a quest in a group is alot of fun....building a group as the star is a chore and keeps me out of quests. A match making system would be much better than the current system.

Raoull
04-06-2011, 09:09 AM
The problem with "just start a group" is there may be a half dozen quests I want to run. With this new idea, I could just go with whichever has the most interest instead of picking randomly and hoping. I like it.

+1

auximenes
04-06-2011, 09:26 AM
/signed

stille_nacht
04-24-2011, 10:26 AM
added spoonwelder's suggestion too :]

herzkos
04-24-2011, 10:55 AM
I like the idea. the current usage of the lfg tag is worthless. I'd prefer it to be actually useful.

as an aside, you do know you can type a comment in your "who" info?
also you can sort the who list (i believe) to only see those who are looking for group.

stille_nacht
04-25-2011, 08:26 PM
unfortunately half people just type the quest into the comments since there is some type of random bug that some people can't see the quest selected.

not aware of this bug o-O, all the selected ones show up for me.

feature one allows me to fill LFMs faster, as well as keep an eye out when randomly farming or something without constantly popping the screen up, also, not everyone feels confident leading, say, abbot.
feature two allows me to see if people actually want to do the quest without having to wait an hour.

not really passive :/

Falco_Easts
04-25-2011, 10:15 PM
I like the idea. If you set yourself as LFG and someone setups up a LFM you are eligible for (quest, levels and classes selected) have a message come through in chat similar to when you are forming a party and someone clicks on your LFM.

JoeBob has started a LFM for "Gianthold Tor" for levels 14-16, do you wish to request to join? YES / NO