PDA

View Full Version : Enhancement Observations

~STERLIN1
04-04-2011, 04:37 PM
The enhancement system that is part of the power scaling in DDO need a bit of attention in my opinion. I am toying with a paladin/sorceror build right now and it became a bit hard to overlook. This character has reasonable potential all things being equal but some artificial limits make it less viable for example the CHarisma line not stacking. In this case the character would if the option didnt immediately close gain up to a +6 to charisma which is admittedly a higher charisma than a pure character would gain. What do they lose? Well half of their spell selection all with higher dcs due to spell lvl for starters not to mention that they may welll experience a certain amount of greif from the community for having an unusual build. A multiclass that had two different stats would gain both as well. Why the double whammie. It isn't OP, just fun and creative.

The same goes for the odd scaling of arcane spell failure enhancements. You dont need to adjust the amount of spell failure perarmor type. It is already built in in that the heavy armors have a higher spell failure chance. It's also already quite costly when compared with paper pencil as all one needs to do there to cast in armor is take the still spell feat and prep spells on lvl lower and this eliminates all spell failure for armor and additionally would allow casting of spells in disadvantaged positions(like when held or tripped perhaps). Reiterating my point please read through and eliminate the double penalties. This game for me and many is about flexibilty. If I wanted a "you must play X or Y or Z" game I would play WOW and this is much better but has some gaps that could be easily fixed.

MownDown
04-13-2011, 09:31 PM
The fact of the matter is, THIS IS NOT PnP!!! If it were directly based off PnP we would see firewalls that lasted 1 minute for each caster lvl still... this is just one example i can bring off the top of my head..seriously quit whining about everything and try to enjoy what is here.. If you dont like it then go play another game...

Ystradmynach
04-13-2011, 09:44 PM
The fact of the matter is, THIS IS NOT PnP!!! If it were directly based off PnP we would see firewalls that lasted 1 minute for each caster lvl still... this is just one example i can bring off the top of my head..seriously quit whining about everything and try to enjoy what is here.. If you dont like it then go play another game...

And there also wouldn't be an enhancement system if this was PnP. I don't think that is what the OP is asking for, rather for more flexibility in character creation, which is entirely possible in an MMORPG.

Furthermore, I remember hearing talk from the developers of changing enhancements so there wasn't silly overlaps, so the request isn't so far fetched.