PDA

View Full Version : Wizard trainer teaching spells

tfangel
04-02-2011, 10:00 AM
Had a glitch a while back where where when i leveled and selected spells (on my wizard), they didn't actually appear in my spellbook. This was a bigger problem once i got to the level where i couldn't buy the scrolls at stores, and would have to get lucky on the AH to find them (still haven't found them all).

Perhaps it could be nice to have it where wizards could buy scrolls of the spells, but to keep it from being where people could stockpile them, make them so they can only have one of each spell, and possibly only to be useable to inscribe. Just a thought.

ssgcmwatson
04-02-2011, 12:01 PM
but to keep it from being where people could stockpile them, make them so they can only have one of each spell

They do have the code to do this already - make versions of the scrolls sold "exclusive" so only one can be in inventory at a time.

Bradik_Losdar
04-03-2011, 12:21 PM
Had a glitch a while back where where when i leveled and selected spells (on my wizard), they didn't actually appear in my spellbook. This was a bigger problem once i got to the level where i couldn't buy the scrolls at stores, and would have to get lucky on the AH to find them (still haven't found them all).

Perhaps it could be nice to have it where wizards could buy scrolls of the spells, but to keep it from being where people could stockpile them, make them so they can only have one of each spell, and possibly only to be useable to inscribe. Just a thought.

An excellent idea, but drop the scroll requirement.

Just use the exact same mechanic that Sorcerors use and have the trainer able to directly teach you any spell up to 7th level for a fee (8th and 9th level spells would still need to be looted as scrolls).

This would cut out the 'gaps' in the spell learning process (lower level spells that can only be taken on level up because scrolls aren't available on vendors), stop the AH gouging process whenever new spells are introduced, and remove ANY snafu's from the devs forgetting to put scrolls on the loot tables *cough* Gust of Wind, Cyclonic Blast *cough* making them UNAVAILABLE TO WIZARDS FOR MORE THAN SIX MONTHS!!!

Irinis
04-03-2011, 12:29 PM

Just use the exact same mechanic that Sorcerors use and have the trainer able to directly teach you any spell up to 7th level for a fee (8th and 9th level spells would still need to be looted as scrolls).

This would cut out the 'gaps' in the spell learning process (lower level spells that can only be taken on level up because scrolls aren't available on vendors), stop the AH gouging process whenever new spells are introduced, and remove ANY snafu's from the devs forgetting to put scrolls on the loot tables *cough* Gust of Wind, Cyclonic Blast *cough* making them UNAVAILABLE TO WIZARDS FOR MORE THAN SIX MONTHS!!!

Great idea!

Of course then Turbine would simply forget to train the trainers in how to teach the new spells for six months. :D

Talias006
04-03-2011, 08:34 PM

I think you might be missing the point a little bit. The OP mentioned a problem with his Wizard not getting the spells he attempted to learn while leveling up. And having the trainer teach him the spells directly was the exact same problem he had. So, your suggestion that he use the problem to fix the problem is just problematic. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, there's a solution to be found. But paying to learn a spell you should have already learned by way of leveling up is not it. However, if the trainer offered to sell spell scrolls that were both Exclusive and BtC, that would reign in any attempts at price gouging at the AH.

tfangel
04-03-2011, 08:51 PM
I think you might be missing the point a little bit. The OP mentioned a problem with his Wizard not getting the spells he attempted to learn while leveling up. And having the trainer teach him the spells directly was the exact same problem he had.

Yeah, that's really the only reason i wanted the scrolls or something. It was a while ago, and the first time it happened, i figured user error, but the next level i was more careful, and it did it again. After contacting a GM, i was told "known issue, hopefully fixed in next patch, but SOL at getting the spells other than finding them or buying on AH". :(

Probably doesn't help that i'm a bit OCD with knowing all the spells. ;)

Bradik_Losdar
04-04-2011, 10:09 AM
I think you might be missing the point a little bit. The OP mentioned a problem with his Wizard not getting the spells he attempted to learn while leveling up. And having the trainer teach him the spells directly was the exact same problem he had. So, your suggestion that he use the problem to fix the problem is just problematic. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, there's a solution to be found. But paying to learn a spell you should have already learned by way of leveling up is not it. However, if the trainer offered to sell spell scrolls that were both Exclusive and BtC, that would reign in any attempts at price gouging at the AH.

So you're saying the OP was reporting a bug, not the fact that he missed out on getting a spell during level up because it is one of the many that scroll vendors don't carry and can only be found in loot (or chosen during level up)?

I is confused now. :confused:

I don't see how not having a wizard trainer able to teach spells wouldn't solve this problem too. "Shucks, I just bugged out and didn't get my spells during level up." *close out game* *restart computer* *open game* "Ah, there's the ENTIRE list of spells for my new level, I have to pay for them now, but at least I can still get them"