PDA

View Full Version : Saving Throw Goal

warlord1427
03-29-2011, 12:24 PM
I have a DoS Pally with saving throws at about 35-45+.

I am not using a resistance item at the moment, but I have considered adding the +5 rune to my DT armor.

Is there a point that additional saves become pointless?

Thanks

elraido
03-29-2011, 02:11 PM
I have a DoS Pally with saving throws at about 35-45+.

I am not using a resistance item at the moment, but I have considered adding the +5 rune to my DT armor.

Is there a point that additional saves become pointless?

Thanks

You are basically there.....unless you roll a 1.

dkyle
03-29-2011, 02:15 PM
You'll still die to some epic traps, probably, but that's about it. And those aren't usually a big deal to avoid.

I certainly wouldn't reduce DPS for more saves, at that point. But a +5 resistance rune doesn't compete with much. What are you currently using? If it's 10% healing amp, I'd probably keep that. If it's something else, the saves might be the better option.

warlord1427
03-29-2011, 02:31 PM
I am currently using a +3 charisma skill rune to boost my intimidate.

Once I make my +6 skill & mana boots, I will need to replace it.

I was thinking about adding the +10% incite rune since I use the +20 healing amp on the Tempest slot.

A small part of me is tempted to slot the 25% striding since I really do not want to lose the mana when I switch boots.

dkyle
03-29-2011, 02:35 PM
I was thinking about adding the +10% incite rune since I use the +20 healing amp on the Tempest slot.

You might ultimately want two DTs: one for Threat Amp, one for Healing Amp, depending on what you need.

10% amp stacks with 20% amp, BTW.

A small part of me is tempted to slot the 25% striding since I really do not want to lose the mana when I switch boots.

Eh, up to you, but this is a pretty big waste of a DT slot. And, wait, you get sp from your boots? Are they greensteel? If so, that may not be a great slot for them, as you won't be able to wear them during pt 3 of ToD.

warlord1427
03-30-2011, 11:10 AM
I know the striding rune is a waste, but I really hate moving so damn slow. I can't see myself actually doing it, but I am tempted.

I may make two sets at some point, but I am having a hell of a time pulling the dodge Sov rune. If I ever manage to pull two, I would definitly consider a second set. (My toon is a high AC -self buffed 75+AC - tank, so I need the dodge rune for AC).

Unfortunately, all of my other slots are filled with epics and ToD sets. The boot slot is the only open spot I have available for the greensteel +6 charisma skill item (mana is just a bonnus). Any other slot would mean a reduction in AC or damage (Hate tanking seems to be the way to go with the new changes in intimidate). Do I have to have it? No, but I would like to hit at least a 60 intim with GH.