PDA

View Full Version : Put teleporter to DQ1!!!!

Ganak
03-28-2011, 09:39 PM
After 4+ years of running out to dq1, please put in a teleporter to get you out there.

FlyingTurtle
03-28-2011, 10:47 PM
Better yet, make it a teleporter straight to DQ2.

Unreliable
03-28-2011, 11:01 PM
While your at it, please put a teleporter to every walk up quest in GH

Oh and also all the vale quests, necropolis quests, and lets not forget quests like Fathom the Depths in Red Fens, I hate running up that pyramid every time I want to run that quest!

On a serious note...

/notsigned

Part of the quest is actually getting there, even if it is boring and repeditive. Dont think we need more easymode's for quests, adding casual was enough.

Brennie
03-28-2011, 11:27 PM
Part of the quest is actually getting there, even if it is boring and repeditive. Dont think we need more easymode's for quests, adding casual was enough.

Getting to DQ1 is not difficult. It is tedious. Over the years DDO has managed to reduce the Tedious portions of the game (Such as waiting in taverns after every single quest, being able to get around stormreach via airship, and various other improvements).

If there was some intrinsic challenge or value that came from running out to DQ1, then I'd be all for keeping it around. However, the only challenge is a) trying not to lag while jumping and b) trying not to tear yoru hair out waiting for people to finally catch up so you can run/finish the quest. This becomes especially true for level 20s who can run straight passed all the enemies but still take a decent chunk of time just *arriving*.

If, perhaps, this were similar to ToD, where you can unlock a teleporter, or Gianthold where you can jump to "near" the quest once completed, this woudl be a big and useful step.

Please stop calling convenience "Easymode". If you want to run to DQ1 everytime you want to raid, go for it. Infact, skip your airship navigator, catpain, and house teleporters and just run everywhere, since that seems to be something you enjoy. For those of us who do not think that transit time = fun time, please include shortcuts where possible (like DQ1, and maybe an unlockable farshifter *IN* Reavers Refuge)

donfilibuster
03-28-2011, 11:45 PM
That run got considerably less tedious when i found the upper way shortcut with jumps above the small bridges.
Took me a whole year to find out since i used to follow other ppl that didn't knew about it either.

TheHolyDarkness
03-29-2011, 12:29 AM
While your at it, please put a teleporter to every walk up quest in GH Good thing they already have something like that. Oh, and you do not transverse a boring, unnecessary walkup to the raid itself.

Oh and also all the vale quests you do not do a boringly unnecessary walkup to the raid , necropolis quests you do not do a boringly unnecessary walkup to the raid , and lets not forget quests like Fathom the Depths in Red Fens, I hate running up that pyramid every time I want to run that quest quest not raid, although come to think of it, you make the case that teleporters in red fen's final mission wouldn't be all that bad either. :P!

On a serious note...

/notsigned

Responses in red. There's a reason why I avoid the Desert.

Its because its...*yawn* so boring compared to quests and raids I could be in right now without the hassle of "talk to the djinn twice" drama...*yawn*...like Tower of Despair *zzz*.

/signed

Boring walkup is boring. Just like how boring collection of 25 relics was boing. Add a teleporter in there so people will display more interest in it already.

If others don't want the convenience button because they think its "easy", I say they can walk then (just as I'm sure they choose to walk through the Vale and up to Meridia whenever they decide to Shroud). Me? I prefer to be inside the quest already getting this job done, and I don't want no "fell down the pit due to lag ~ forgot to talk to NPC twice" BS from one of my (otherwise perfectly reliable, well geared, and intelligent) members mucking up the show all on account of how Turbine designed this asinine two minute stroll.

Next person to unthinkingly dismiss this reasonable suggestion as an easy button, please, for the love of showing all us no doubt noobs why we stink due to our adversity for "challenge" as you like to put it, please, no more teleports or ship rides to Meridia for you. From now on, you're going to show us how a true pro walks up to the Shroud. Right? Afterall, you oh-so-loathe "easy buttons" designed to save people real time, and you've acquired much more better-mega-uber-gear as reward for your great virtue in avoiding shortcuts. Therefore, you have the right to patronize all those who thinks an ADQ1 teleporter is a reasonable suggestion, given how they're clearly beneath you in skill. Dumb noobs (probably someone with 8 con who came up with this stupid op).

~TheHolyDarkness Out~

Cetus
03-29-2011, 01:26 AM
/signed

If quests are made MANDATORY to complete in order to advance, they should be provided with a port; such as in gianthold the three MAIN quests in the area have a port, twilight forge even has a port.

landona54
03-29-2011, 01:41 AM
/signed

If quests are made MANDATORY to complete in order to advance, they should be provided with a port; such as in gianthold the three MAIN quests in the area have a port, twilight forge even has a port.

Your signature isn't valid since you quit. But since I agree I will sign it for you in your absense.

/signed

Cetus
03-29-2011, 01:41 AM
thank you household the halforc

landona54
03-29-2011, 01:43 AM
thank you household the halforc

Just give in and get off the forums and log in damn it!!!

Cetus
03-29-2011, 01:49 AM
Just give in and get off the forums and log in damn it!!!

I'm going to have to figure out a way to play again without getting glued to the computer chair.

Apologies gan for the derailment =D

TheHolyDarkness
03-29-2011, 06:27 AM
The thing is we have to keep in mind that the reason why people don't get upset about walking up to quests is because you're not going to make them a routine to run when your 20.

Walking up to Ritual Sacrifice would be boring...if I were doing it every three days. But no, its not Ritual Sacrifice you're expected to farm 20, 40, 100 times per toon. Its the Shroud. Its not Temple of Vol that 12 people are expected to coordinate and meet up at. Its the ascension chamber. You're not going to be cycling your collection of capped characters through PoP, but Reavers.

Raids by their nature are going to be repeated far more than quests. Therefore, they are more vulnerable to fatigue should you make the process especially convoluted. Its why reforming a borked Shroud is simplier than reforming a borked VoN6 for instance.

At least with VoN, the quest giver is right outside the entrance, the pre-raid leads straight to the raid, and you don't need to split the raid members into two independent parties that must coordinate later. Hence why its more popular for the sake of a quest you'll end up rerunning far more than a backwater quest entrance such as say, Inferno of the Damned or Chains of Flame.

As a design principle, I propose that raids and pre-raids shouldn't be located in backwater out of the way locations given how we're expected to rerun them a hundred times. Not without a teleportation beacon at least, such as with ToD or the old /death method that's kept Shroud afloat since the days before ships.

Before anyone brings it up, I'd like to say that VoD and HoX are essentially boss fights, by which the walk up IS the quest. It is not boring nor does it feel unnecessary, what with appropriate CR enemies, puzzles, and a few chests thrown in there for good measure. It cannot be compared to the drab experience of a level 20 repetitiously waltzing through a CR10 area. And unlike ADQ1, if one of your teammates made the human mistake of forgetting to talk to the NPC, its no problem and therefore no one gets annoyed. Lastly, those two missions never had any flagging process to begin with.

So don't pull some "well why not put teleporters in subteranne if you too nub to walk up roflz" because no, its not the same thing.
~TheHolyDarkness Out~

megathon
03-29-2011, 06:58 AM
First Vod and Hox are not walk up quests. The quest givers are in the marketplace. walk up quests are those that get bestowed upon you when you get to the front door of the quest like in GH and Vale. Also from what I've been reading here people seem to be just plain lazy. If you are going to run a quest/raid then make sure you set aside enough time to figure in getting to the quest and doing what ever pre-raid is needed. As for ADQ you can do the pre-raid when ever you want. You don't have to do the pre-raid and then jump into the raid itself after. As for Tod there is a port to the raid entrance. The only requirement is to run out there once and talk to the guy at the entrance. then when you want to go out to the raid entrance you click on the portal and select where you want to go.

bryanmeerkat
03-29-2011, 07:05 AM
Seen this suggested before

For future lazy posters please feel free to copy one of the following two replies , your opinions in know way will influence any others no matter how detailed you make it .

A) No thats easy mode .

B) Its not hard its tedious .

FlyingTurtle
03-29-2011, 07:21 AM
DQ1 should be merged with DQ2 and Zawabi should port you straight there.

I don't care how you balance DQ1 vs DQ2. You can merge it as-is for 12 players to stomp over and it would still be more interesting than 6-manning it on casual.

As for the main entrance in the desert, it's an explorer point. You'll have to visit it anyway so it's not a waste of pretties. When you get there, oh guess what, it's a fortress, the doors aren't flung wide open for any noob to walk in and kill the queen. One does not simply walk into Mordor, yadda yadda.

donfilibuster
03-29-2011, 07:50 AM
As for ADQ you can do the pre-raid when ever you want. You don't have to do the pre-raid and then jump into the raid itself after.
Except when whenever you want means right after the timer ends.

We do this every three days in guild and have no problem with the run but do with waiting for a second six, so we shortman the every time with whoever is ready and can get to the court before it is completed (non-epic).

MrWizard
03-29-2011, 02:44 PM
That run got considerably less tedious when i found the upper way shortcut with jumps above the small bridges.
Took me a whole year to find out since i used to follow other ppl that didn't knew about it either.

you mean this way?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKPFq4plD3s ?

KillEveryone
03-29-2011, 03:54 PM
First Vod and Hox are not walk up quests. The quest givers are in the marketplace. walk up quests are those that get bestowed upon you when you get to the front door of the quest like in GH and Vale. Also from what I've been reading here people seem to be just plain lazy. If you are going to run a quest/raid then make sure you set aside enough time to figure in getting to the quest and doing what ever pre-raid is needed. As for ADQ you can do the pre-raid when ever you want. You don't have to do the pre-raid and then jump into the raid itself after. As for Tod there is a port to the raid entrance. The only requirement is to run out there once and talk to the guy at the entrance. then when you want to go out to the raid entrance you click on the portal and select where you want to go.

It isn't lazy.

Just because someone wants to be in the quest sooner than later does not make them lazy.

The walk is a joke for someone that is lvl 20. Just run by everything.

No challenge in that.

Do real work in that.

Just running.

It isn't really fun beating up on critters that are that far below your level.

Lazy? Seriously? Lazy? Really?
------------------------------

They should just merge DQ1 and 2.

Make DQ1 a 12 person instance. Put a teleport setup like they have for ToD. After beating the Demon Queen in part 1, have the djinn appear to send you into part 2.

This will also clear up any problem clicking.

The story just needs a slight change. After defeating the Demon Queen the first time, Zawabi is released but he knows that the Demon Queen still isn't completely defeated so he appears at your spot and sends you into her realm but that will use any energy he has and he will be sucked back to his spot in the town area.

Noctus
03-29-2011, 06:44 PM
They should just merge DQ1 and 2.

Make DQ1 a 12 person instance. Put a teleport setup like they have for ToD. After beating the Demon Queen in part 1, have the djinn appear to send you into part 2.

This will also clear up any problem clicking.

The story just needs a slight change. After defeating the Demon Queen the first time, Zawabi is released but he knows that the Demon Queen still isn't completely defeated so he appears at your spot and sends you into her realm but that will use any energy he has and he will be sucked back to his spot in the town area.

Excellent idea.

(+)

@topic:

/signed.

PopeJual
03-29-2011, 06:49 PM
After 4+ years of running out to dq1, please put in a teleporter to get you out there.

/notsigned because I don't want any teleporter to take you to a wilderness area ever - public instances only for teleport.

That said, I do think that this is just a convenience and not actually any kind of "easy button" or devaluing of the game. Just like extra backpack spaces and extra Teleport destinations that are being introduced in U9 that are there to make your life more pleasant.

Marcus-Hawkeye
03-29-2011, 07:06 PM
Seriously? Do you really need a button that easy? It takes two minutes to run out there...

/not signed

Hafeal
03-29-2011, 07:08 PM
DQ1 should be merged with DQ2 and Zawabi should port you straight there.

I don't care how you balance DQ1 vs DQ2. You can merge it as-is for 12 players to stomp over and it would still be more interesting than 6-manning it on casual.

As for the main entrance in the desert, it's an explorer point. You'll have to visit it anyway so it's not a waste of pretties. When you get there, oh guess what, it's a fortress, the doors aren't flung wide open for any noob to walk in and kill the queen. One does not simply walk into Mordor, yadda yadda.

+1. Agreed.

Ganak
03-29-2011, 07:22 PM
Certainly tedious, but moreso a waste of time as those who run DQ heavily can attest.

EDQ group forms slowly, those in group clear and then finish. Final members join and everyone is waiting while they run out. Sound familiar?

We have teleports in other outdoor areas for repeat visits.

Zirun
03-29-2011, 07:59 PM
Seriously? Do you really need a button that easy? It takes two minutes to run out there...

/not signed

Seriously? Do you really need airships to teleport you to various locations? It only takes a couple minutes to get from place to place.

Do you really need teleporters in the house wards? It takes less than two minutes to get to each one.

Do you really need a Phiarlan Pendant of Time to make you move faster outside of quests? It doesn't shave much off the minute or two it takes to get to the next quest.

Having long travel times to places adds no value, fun, or anything other than tedium and boredom to the game. There's a reason travel time reducing features have been added to the game.

Going to Lailat's Court once is fun. It's an adventure. It's also very confusing, which makes it interesting. You're probably lower than level 20, so the run out there can be challenging as well as provide some useful loot and experience on the way there. And, hey, you have to visit it first before you can teleport to it, so you're taking out several birds with one stone.

Going to Lailat's Court the next billion times is nor fun. It's not an adventure. It's not confusing, but it is annoying if you make a mistake. That's not interesting. You're going to be at level 20 for a lot of these, so the run out there provides you with absolutely nothing. Too bad you can't teleport right there instead of watching paint dry on growing grass while you walk out there.

The way DQ is set up makes it even more annoying than other raids (pre-raid is a 6-man quest), and the travel time to Lailat's Court every single time is the cherry on top of the sundae of things that should be done to bring it in line with every other raid and remove a lot of frustration and wasted time with it. And what's the first thing you lose when you eat a sundae?

Removing a waste of time from a raid is not an easy button. It's asking for the commercials in the middle of my movie to be removed so I can watch the damn thing as a whole.

dodger72
03-30-2011, 06:18 AM
(zzzzzzz......zzzzzzzzzzz......zzzzzzzzz)

wait...what?

Meh...both sides are right, in my opinion. No such thing as a "wrong" request with this subject.

1. Leave it as is: so what's changed? nothing. Obviously
2. Insert teleporter here (as in with GH quests as was previously suggested): Notsobad an idea really....I think that it'd be a great prelude to the raid as a raid itself and have it flow into part 2. I don't run DQ as often as I probably should (bloodstones are a myth in my opinion....1 year of playing the game and countless runs I've not seen one in a chest at all...yet I digress) but I do agree that the constant repeating this quest to get to raid is cumbersome to our time considering it's quest vs. raid.
3. Insert teleporter with waiting room here (as in TOD). meh....ok...there's a campsite up there with a shrine...just be ready for an immediate fight as soon as you step out of the waiting room.
4. Combine both quest/raid into one unified raid: again, great idea. One thing....run or not to run? I could see the auto-teleport from part 1 to 2....but how to get to one? can only get 6 folks into a wilderness area....waiting room again such as in ToD scenario again? (Personal opinion: I don't see why we shouldn't be able to have 12 at a time in any wilderness area...I think it'd be a blast....and yes, I'm sure that has been discussed before, so let's not dwell on that subject....and no I'm not going to look for the threads.)

Can a teleporter be done? sure.

Will it be done? dunno

Is it lazy? no, not one bit. I'm not a fan of ship-buffs myself, but I do enjoy having the luxury of the faster travel as a non-caster when I join up with a group or get into a raid. That way I'm not keeping folks waiting for me if I'm in House K and need to get to Meridia or vice versa (for example). Quicker travel time is a convenience that is lost on the non-caster. How many times do you folks hear of others asking for a ship invite for a faster arrival time? quite often I'd think if their said guild is of lower level. Is that lazy? nope. Not one bit. If anything, shows me that those folks want to roll on the raid as much as the rest of us.

/death isn't lazy either....nor is it convenient. poor-man's teleport. but doesn't always garner the best results.

Then again, there are a few quests out there that are well away from the quest giver's too (I will more than likely miss some here)
1. Bargain of Blood
2. A Relic of Sovereign Past
3. DQ1
4. Twilight Forge Series (not a fan....good loot, but still not a fan)
5. pick a walk-up in Sands or Vale of Twilight (no...not in relation with a quest giver, but still relevant in the travel time)

Bottom line (imho): Opinions are close akin to posteriors....they all stink if they aren't yours. Bearing that in mind, there's some good suggestions to the dev's for possible improvements. Whether or not it happens...meh...I'm still waiting for Threnal to be fixed from screwing you out of part 3 (that option should be taken out, shot, buried, and forgotten about).

Fensen
04-07-2011, 10:34 AM
I like the idea of direct teleports to certain of the entrances. The direct line to Splinterskull is great. The main reason I don't go to certain quests very much is the travel time through the wilderness areas. Not that they are difficult, just tedious. 3BC and Desert, for example. I do believe such teleport should be available only after completing all the explorer points; one should have to do some work for the free ride!

Khanyth
04-07-2011, 10:43 AM

/not signed

No.... it takes less than that.

Step 1: enter sands

Step 2: run forward just before the gnolls

Step 3: quaff or cast invisibility

Step 4: run

I do it in around a minutish.

Oh, /notsigned...... there's no reason for it.

BoBo2020
04-07-2011, 10:51 AM
If Zawabi the djinn gave a teleport option to ATDQ1 after it has been discovered by the character during the explorer phase, then I would support this idea.

It could be similar to the teleport through the Devil's Battlefield directly to Tower of Despair and not really much different than the teleport to Splinterskull or the 3 teleport options already available in Gianthold.

protokon
04-07-2011, 10:59 AM
no.

Zharfie
04-07-2011, 11:01 AM
/notsigned because I don't want any teleporter to take you to a wilderness area ever - public instances only for teleport.

what? you've never used the teleporter in gianthold?

That said, I do think that this is just a convenience and not actually any kind of "easy button" or devaluing of the game. Just like extra backpack spaces and extra Teleport destinations that are being introduced in U9 that are there to make your life more pleasant.

correct, people need to learn the actual meaning of "easy button"... convenience is different and a good thing!
"easy button" makes the game easier... these teleporters have no impact on the difficulty of the game.

Stanley_Nicholas
04-07-2011, 11:04 AM
I think they should just stop requiring dq1 to be rerun every time you want to do the raid. All it does is tediously waste everybody's time, with a bunch of level 20's in a level 12 quest on casual. Reaver, ToD, Chrono, VoN, Abbot, Shroud - they all allow you to just step right into the raid after you flag once. Time to do away with this antiquated perpetual reflagging nonsense in DQ (and Titan) for good.