PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Dagger Enhancement Line

AcesWylde
03-28-2011, 06:29 PM
Why don't rogues use daggers? I'm mean, if any thing, they are the weapons most associated with rogues and assassins, but let's face it, daggers need to be given a little love to be considered even useful compared to other weapons. Even 4th edition D&D gives rogue a bonus when using daggers. I know DDO is supposed to be 3.5e based, but I'm seeing a lot of 4e influence as well. With that in mind, why not give rogues an enhancement line focusing on daggers?

Rogue Dagger Damage I
You gain an additional +1 bonus to damage rolls when using a dagger or throwing dagger.
Cost: 2 action points
Class: Rogue 1

Rogue Dagger Attack I
You gain an additional +1 bonus to attack rolls when using a a dagger or throwing dagger.
Spent: 10 action points
Class: Rogue 4

Rogue Artful Backstabbing I
You add your intellegence bonus to damage when sneak attacking with a dagger or throwing dagger.
Spent: 18 action points
Requires All of: Rogue Dagger Damage I, Rogue Dagger Attack I, Rogue Sneak Attack Training I, Rogue Sneak Attack Accuracy I, Rogue Subtle Backstabbing I
Class: Rogue 6

Rogue Expert Knife Thrower I
You are an expert knife thrower. You gain a 10% competence bonus to your throwing dagger attack speed.
Cost: 1 action point
Spent: 19 action points
Requires One of: Weapon Focus: Thrown Weapons, Halfling Thrown Weapon Focus

Rogue Dagger Damage II
You gain an additional +1 bonus to damage rolls when using a dagger or throwing dagger, bringing the total increase to 2.
Cost: 4 action points
Spent: 20 action points
Requires All of: Rogue Dagger Damage I
Class: Rogue 7

Rogue Dagger Attack II
You gain an additional +1 bonus to attack rolls when using a a dagger or throwing dagger, bringing the total increase to 2.
Spent: 32 action points
Requires All of: Rogue Dagger Attack I
Class: Rogue 10

Rogue Artful Backstabbing II
You increase your threat range when sneak attacking with a dagger or throwing dagger by 1 (18-20).
Spent: 44 action points
Requires All of: Rogue Artful Backstabbing I, Rogue Dagger Damage II, Rogue Dagger Attack II, Rogue Sneak Attack Training II, Rogue Sneak Attack Accuracy II
Class: Rogue 13

HanseShadowen
03-28-2011, 06:31 PM
Hmmm you have a thought there. A line like the Fighter kensai uses would be cool.

AcesWylde
03-31-2011, 02:04 PM
Kensei Dagger Mastery I
You gain an additional +1 bonus to hit and damage, and +2 to confirm criticals and critical damage (before multipliers) when using a Dagger.
Spent: 19 action points
Requires All of: Weapon Specialization: Piercing Weapons, Fighter Kensei I

Fighter Dagger Specialization I
You gain an additional +1 bonus to damage rolls when using a Dagger.
Spent: 27 action points
Requires All of: Weapon Focus: Piercing Weapons, Weapon Specialization: Piercing Weapons

Kensei Dagger Mastery II
You gain an additional +1 bonus to hit and damage, and +2 to confirm criticals and critical damage (before multipliers) when using a Dagger.
Spent: 43 action points
Requires All of: Greater Weapon Specialization: Piercing Weapons, Fighter Dagger Specialization I, Kensei Dagger Mastery I, Fighter Kensei II

Fighter Dagger Specialization II
You gain an additional +1 bonus to damage rolls when using a Dagger, for a total bonus of +2.
Spent: 58 action points
Requires All of: Greater Weapon Focus: Piercing Weapons, Greater Weapon Specialization: Piercing Weapons, Fighter Dagger Specialization I

Kensei Dagger Mastery III
Your critical threat range is increased by 1 when using a Dagger.
Spent: 67 action points
Requires All of: Superior Weapon Focus: Piercing Weapons, Fighter Dagger Specialization II, Kensei Dagger Mastery II, Fighter Kensei III

I had looked at that, but I though that as it stands, the Kensei Mastery line looked a little overpowered for a rogue to me, given the lack of investment into the Kensei PRC.

It was just a thought, I don't thing anyone's to interested anyway, LOL.

Kaeldur
03-31-2011, 02:12 PM
It was just a thought, I don't thing anyone's to interested anyway, LOL.

While I don't play rogues, I think it would be nice to see rogues actually using daggers, along with shady clothes...

I just think flatly adding Int to damage would be quite overpowered... Maybe add it up to a certain limit or something. Or a clicky like Acrobats get (that add Dex mod to sneak attack damage) lasting like 20 seconds (in which case could be full Int).

Bodic
03-31-2011, 02:18 PM
If anything a crit profile increase,
or penalty's for twf removed and off hand proc bump'd to 100%

It would have to be Uber to over take Rapier/khopesh to qualify spending AP's that are tight as is for a halfing assassin.

but flavor is fun2

Lithic
03-31-2011, 02:34 PM
The only thing you need to do to make rogues use daggers is give them +1 crit range at asssin 1 and 2. This means that by lvl 12, daggers are slightly worse than rapiers (by 1 dmg/attack), but a 2wf would gain +2 to hit if they didn't take O2WF.

I'd love to use daggers on my rogue, but rapiers are so much better (especially for radience) that it really is no contest.