PDA

View Full Version : Monk Yugo Health Pots?

ImFour20
03-28-2011, 10:28 AM
So I just unlocked Yugo pots on my 12 fighter/8 monk, which is all about attack speed. I purchased stacks of the STR pots, but was wondering if it was worth it to get the CON pots?

It's 40hp for -5% melee speed. As long as I have full incite gear on, the attack speed decrease won't hurt me so much that i'll lose aggro when tanking will it?

Usually I hear ppl talking about switching to Mountain Stance for tanking with this 12/8 build, but is this still required/useful if I use CON yugo pots? I would imagine the decrease to attack speed while in mountain stance would be pretty bad compared to when im in Wind stance.

Qezuzu
03-28-2011, 10:35 AM
I would only use Yugo's if you can't reach certain thresholds:

Horoth tanking: +550 HP
Queen Lailat (ball method): +450 HP
General Epics: +350

That's a quick overview of HP numbers for end game stuff. Give or take 100 HP. If you have high healing AMP you can manage with less HP.

Experiment. If you think you don't have enough HP for tanking then use Yugo's.

Incite gear can easily offset lower DPS. 10/15/20 DT armor, maybe a ToD set, Claw set and you can easily have double the hate generation of the highest hitter in your group.

Mountain stance is nothing great, even for tanking. DR doesn't stack, so if you have a Warchanter with Ironskin Chant, the Mabar Cloak, Epic Golden Greaves, etc then you're better off with the higher DPS wind stance.

ImFour20
03-28-2011, 01:08 PM
I would only use Yugo's if you can't reach certain thresholds:

Horoth tanking: +550 HP
Queen Lailat (ball method): +450 HP
General Epics: +350

That's a quick overview of HP numbers for end game stuff. Give or take 100 HP. If you have high healing AMP you can manage with less HP.

Experiment. If you think you don't have enough HP for tanking then use Yugo's.

Incite gear can easily offset lower DPS. 10/15/20 DT armor, maybe a ToD set, Claw set and you can easily have double the hate generation of the highest hitter in your group.

Mountain stance is nothing great, even for tanking. DR doesn't stack, so if you have a Warchanter with Ironskin Chant, the Mabar Cloak, Epic Golden Greaves, etc then you're better off with the higher DPS wind stance.

i sit at 567hp unbuffed(when in wind stance). but am told that should be 600 for a less stressful buffer(maybe?) if I want to tank Horoth. I have stolen aggro from the tank before, and did well as a stand in tank, but I think we had a good healer doing tank duties at the time.

That really is the only time I feel that it could be useful. I just wanted to get a general idea before I dumped 300k into points.

and thanks for hte tip on mountain/wind. both are only tier 2, so it's nothing major(and i use epic mabar cloak). i've just heard mountain is good for tanking with this specific 12/8 build

Jaid314
03-28-2011, 01:10 PM
i sit at 567hp unbuffed(when in wind stance). but am told that should be 600 for a less stressful buffer(maybe?) if I want to tank Horoth. I have stolen aggro from the tank before, and did well as a stand in tank, but I think we had a good healer doing tank duties at the time.

That really is the only time I feel that it could be useful. I just wanted to get a general idea before I dumped 300k into points.

and thanks for hte tip on mountain/wind. both are only tier 2, so it's nothing major. i've just heard mountain is good for tanking with this specific 12/8 build

yeah, for horoth, if you get stanking, chug a yugo pot. heck, boost your HP every way you can if you get stuck facing horoth. a single disintegrate can end things too easily.